Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Camaro 2ls vs Challenger SXT vs Mustang V6

All 2014's my mopar buddy was saying the Challenger would take this, I think my Camaro would on a straight run. Battle of the V6's lol. Who wins on a straight run? Curious to hear what you guys think.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Swarm

Drives: 2013 Mustang V6
Mustang would win most of the time

you probably 2nd place

challenger 3rd

but anything can happen

[BBK LT Headers] [Trifecta Tune] [Injen Intake] [Black Iceloater] [MRT V2 Exhaust] [Sold]

Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
SRT8Tech
2013 Super Bee

Drives: 2013 Super Bee
1) Mustang
2) Camaro
3) Challenger
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride 100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28 for now.

Tune, CAI and Drag radials. Best of 12.00 @ 115.74
SRT8Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Ides of March

Hmmm. Mustang cause it's lighter? More Torque? I know the camaro has more hp.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Depends on what mustang though because some of them have the 2.7 gears or whatever and arent that quick. Its the manual track pack ones that dust any V6 Camaro, the rest are basically even. You both will take the Chally though by at least a couple cars worst case scenario. I did two rolls with one in my old 10' V6 (private strip), first roll was at 60 and I only downshifted to 5th (should have been in 3rd) and he took me by half a car. Poor guy was so excited. We went back and did anoter at 50 instead so I used 2nd, took him by a football field.
The manual V6 cars are truthfully a lot faster than the autos though (Camaro) . I remember all i had was an intake and cut outs on stock exhaust and I hit the track with a bunch of guys from on here. One of them had an auto with full exhaust and a tune and my car was safely 2-3 lengths faster.

lolol I'm all about () today.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Ides of March

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Depends on what mustang though because some of them have the 2.7 gears or whatever and arent that quick. Its the manual track pack ones that dust any V6 Camaro, the rest are basically even. You both will take the Chally though by at least a couple cars worst case scenario. I did two rolls with one in my old 10' V6 (private strip), first roll was at 60 and I only downshifted to 5th (should have been in 3rd) and he took me by half a car. Poor guy was so excited. We went back and did anoter at 50 instead so I used 2nd, took him by a football field.
The manual V6 cars are truthfully a lot faster than the autos though (Camaro) . I remember all i had was an intake and cut outs on stock exhaust and I hit the track with a bunch of guys from on here. One of them had an auto with full exhaust and a tune and my car was safely 2-3 lengths faster.

Lol nice. I guess all stock no racing packs.
I don't plan in racing my 2ls since I didn't buy this model for racing but I was curious just in case I got challenged. I do think these V6 engines are pretty fast though. I'm not ashamed to drive one at all.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #7
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

+1

I have seen many Camaro V6 beating the Mustangs V6.

Good that you mentioned this.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
3 weeks ago i had a clean run with a 2011 v6 mustang from the light and we were dead even till 3rd gear and i started to pull, at the end of the race he was looking at the back end of the chevy but i didnt even beat him by a car he was at my trunk the whole time. it was a good race and we both had manuals but i did have a airaid intake and nitto invos while he was all stock (i asked him at the next light). before anyone says the mustang cant drive he was on point! my shifts had to be perfect and i had to take her to redline EVERY gear. if i slipped even once or shifted a little early i would have lost for sure.
what im trying to say is that it all depends.... i will say despite all the youtube vidz of the mustang putting down better #'s on paper i beat one; and i must say i felt even better having a camaro.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Doesn't a 2LS have a weaker/higher gear ratio for FE? Are you an auto? Is the Mustang and auto or manual and what is it's rear gearset? Same for the Chellenger, it can have 2.65 or 3.08 gears and they make a huge diffference.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Doesn't a 2LS have a weaker/higher gear ratio for FE? Are you an auto? Is the Mustang and auto or manual and what is it's rear gearset? Same for the Chellenger, it can have 2.65 or 3.08 gears and they make a huge diffference.
For camaros all of the v6 have the same gear ratio.(someone correct me if im wrong) as for the mustang i didnt ask him all that. for a fact we both had manuals and he told me he was stock, right after the light turned green and that was it.
me personally i think it'll be a drivers race but as stated above the challenger is a big boy so you have weight advantage on your side.(just a few pounds tho)
Old 10-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
For camaros all of the v6 have the same gear ratio.(someone correct me if im wrong) as for the mustang i didnt ask him all that. for a fact we both had manuals and he told me he was stock, right after the light turned green and that was it.
me personally i think it'll be a drivers race but as stated above the challenger is a big boy so you have weight advantage on your side.(just a few pounds tho)
2LS only comes with an auto and it has a taller gear ratio in the rear.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
2LS only comes with an auto and it has a taller gear ratio in the rear.
Auto with...tap shift bro.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #13
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
Honestly from i have seen a standard V6 auto Camaro and Challenger V6 with the base 2.65s are pretty well neck and neck (sorry, the Camaro needs the 6 speed to have the advantage). Combine that with the 2LSes weakest gear ratios and the Challenger could very well take you. I will be bold and say if the CHallenger has the SST package with the 3.06 rear he will win. Mustang is the quickest though, by a long shot (especially comparing to a 2LS.).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Auto with...tap shift bro.
2LS only has 2.92 gears compared with the 3.27 gears in all other 6's. The Tap Shift in the 2LS only selects gear range and doesn't actually shift the car like the other Auto's. It will feel like it if you shift it past what the car feels is the optimum shift range but it is def not the same. This makes the 2LS about a half second slower in all respects than the other 6's.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote