Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
jester75

Drives: Summit White 1LT
Great comments everybody...thanks!
jester75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
It's not a blind spot, it's totally blind. I lean all the way up in my seat, bump my head on the A pillar to turn and look back before I merge. Get a small mirror mounted on your stock if you have trouble.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
I would agree with everyone that one you properly adjust the seat/mirrors you are fine. It is also just getting used to it. I rented a 1LT in June and at first I struggled with backing up into parking spots, etc. But I just had a 2SS for a week and had absolutely no problems. So I really think you need to spend the time adjusting everything for you and then just drive it. There was a guy on here that actually walked from he pre-order because of visability issues. I really don't see the problem after doing a fair amount of wheel time.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
I had misgivings after I'd ordered my car because of what everyone was saying about the "blind spot." The first time I got in and drove it, I was totally amazed at how much I could see. Even now, reading all of these comments, I'm wondering, am I driving the same car? I was driving a 4-door Taurus, and compared to it, my Camaro is like totally open. In the taurus, I could not see anything to my left going down a ramp to merge onto a highway, even if I opened the windows. Big difference in the Camaro. I can actually see everything.

The only problem I have is when I am parked in an angled space and have to back out, I can't see to the right rear, which is where the traffic is coming from, and the mirrors can't help you there.

Don't worry about it. You'll be fine.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
With the mirrors (and seat!) adjusted right, I don't have any problems. I'm nervous backing out sometimes, but it's not as bad as, say, a pickup truck parked amongst a bunch of tiny compacts.
Captain Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Too true. Or you can just cheat and add small blind spot mirrors like I did. 5600+ miles and haven't missed a single car in my blind spot yet.

And that is a really nice picture...........color is PERFECT!!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Be extra cautious, adjust those rear view mirrors. The blind spot mirrors would help.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #22
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Besides proper mirror adjustments, I use the small blind spot mirrors on each side. It helps me...
+1

My blind spot mirrors are round. I use the little mirrors mostly for backing into parking spots when a pull-thru spot is not available.

Without a doubt, the 2010 Camaro has the worst visibility of any car I've owned, but it also has the best looks, too. The chop-top look with the gun slit windows are killer.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #23
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
When driving I think it's ok but when backing out of a Diagonal parking spot I am TOTALLY blind no matter how far I lean forward or back. The mirrors do nothing whatsoever for this situation. I stop at the post office every day after work to check my PO Box and I see NOTHING when backing into traffic. I just have to trust that nobody is going to run into a bright orange brand new Camaro but I do fear it will happen soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #24
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Too true. Or you can just cheat and add small blind spot mirrors like I did. 5600+ miles and haven't missed a single car in my blind spot yet.

OOOOF! Shouldn't have said that. Tempting fate.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #25
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4

Solution: Press gas pedal down half way for two seconds, verify that cars are getting smaller in mirrors, change lanes!**

** I'm not liable for any damage to your car following this advice!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
OOOOF! Shouldn't have said that. Tempting fate.
Yeah, I know but in every accident I've even been involved in, it was someone else running into me. Usually while I was stopped.

Let's see:
1. Mom's 1968 Volvo - Stopped center turn lane waiting to turn left. Front driver's side offset crash, hit by someone getting into the turn lane that did see me sitting there.
2. My 1955 Chevy - Stopped at red light during a light snow. Guy turning right slid right into driver's side fender and door.
3. My 1955 Chevy (again) - Stopped in 2 lanes of traffic in town. Guy turning left from center lane found an opening in the lane next to me and floored it to get through. Didn't see me and t-boned the driver's side of my car.
4. My 2002 PT Cruiser - Parked at work. Idiot pulling in to spot in front of me hit the gas instead of the brakes. Smashed up the front end.
5. My 1997 C1500 - Stuck in traffic going through a green light during hurricane evacuation. Idiot on motorcycle runs his red light and t-bones the side of my truck.

All I know is that if I'm moving, I'm actually safer on the road.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #27
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenspock View Post
Is it possible to get a pic of the little mirrors that people are putting up? Thanks!
This is what I have on mine. They can be found at most auto parts stores and Walmart. I think they were less than $2 each.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 AM   #28
RMGee
Clap Clap

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Just waiting for someone to post the hackneyed, annoying how-to-adjust-your-mirrors link...
RMGee is offline   Reply With Quote