Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Figured he would at least get fired. Him not going to games isn't going to effect the team in any way. Yet what he did could have ruined a rookies career...
Old 12-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
So I guess Big Foot is not a myth after all.

Suspended for the rest of the season and play-off`s (ya, right!) with out pay and $25,000 fine.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Update sal has been suspended indefinitely. It was discovered he instructed the wall to be put in place on Miami punts. Jets were unaware of this
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Update sal has been suspended indefinitely. It was discovered he instructed the wall to be put in place on Miami punts.[B] Jets were unaware of this
look closely at the left corner of the video at the balooga in the sweater vest....my money says the order came down from him.....and the reason Sal is suspended instead of getting fired, is to keep him quiet.

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #19
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
You listening to michael Kay too?
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
I'm very capable of drawing my own conclusions ....now we have Westoff saying the Pats line up like that too.....don't recall them tripping any players though.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
A classless move by a classless individual on a classless team with a buffoon as a head coach and a candy-ass at quarterback.

I got no love for the Jets, obviously, but this is being overblown imo.

I think the fine is ridiculous, the penalty is overdone, and the players who run oob should get their asses back in bounds asap or deal with it. Blocked oob or not.

Also think Rex Ryan is a preening shmo of a blowhard who is a hypocrit and has been listening to people who REALY like him and believing what they say.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I think the fine is ridiculous, the penalty is overdone, and the players who run oob should get their asses back in bounds asap or deal with it. Blocked oob or not.

Also think Rex Ryan is a preening shmo of a blowhard who is a hypocrit and has been listening to people who REALY like him and believing what they say.
Would you feel the same way had Carroll reinjured his once broken leg? Perhaps ending the rookies career?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #23
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I kind of agree, he took extreme liberty running out OOBs on purpose and his run line show purpose intent on staying OOBs. And then the “TRIP” was barley a graze that he over dramatized to try and get a call. How 90% of them do.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
I kind of agree, he took extreme liberty running out OOBs on purpose and his run line show purpose intent on staying OOBs. And then the “TRIP” was barley a graze that he over dramatized to try and get a call. How 90% of them do.
Then he would have gotten a penalty. It's amazing how the jets coach admits his wrong doing, and that he would accept any punishment (because he knows what he did was pretty pathetic), yet people think this is blown out of proportion or how some of the blame should somehow fall on the player. I hope you guys know people run or get bumped out of bounds in every game...

And over dramatized to get a call? How do you over dramatize a COACH tripping a player? Talk about a horse shit excuse. Pardon my French. I mean, I understand what you are talking about, when QB's or kickers fall down to make it look worse then it was, or someone jerking their head to the side if someone has their hand on their facemask but not grabbing on, but come on...you honestly think the player was expecting to get tripped by a jets coach? Wow...
Old 12-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
PoorMansCamaro

Oh, and he didn't run OOB on purpose, he was shoved out by the two jets players trying to stop the gunner (Carroll).
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Would you feel the same way had Carroll reinjured his once broken leg? Perhaps ending the rookies career?
Rex Ryan knew those guys were there and approved. Of course he'd never say it.

Other coaches do the same thing. It's coming out.

My opinion was based on this.

And actually, yes, I might still feel the same way.

The coaches are out of bounds and standing there. The player was brushingly close as he ran by. I bet he'll never do that again.

YES it was out of bounds and the player didnt' expect it. BUT the rule is that they have to go imediatly back to the playing feild. He turned the out of bounds area into the playing field when he chose to use it to elude the blockers to get back into the play.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

Regardless of whether or not Carroll was supposed to run back in bounds, if a player goes out of bounds for any reason, the object isn't to stick your knee out to trip up a player...especially a coach. Sal looked at Carroll the whole time, and instead of moving out the way, or bracing himself for an impact, he sticks his knee out further to intentionally trip a player.

And what exactly is "coming out"? That head coaches want their conditioning coach or whoever on the sideline prepared to trip up opposing players as they run out of bounds? Lol
Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #28
PoorMansCamaro

And yes, I know what the rule is. Don't you think that the player should get a flag for that, rather than getting tripped up by a COACH.

Some people keep overlooking the fact that this was a coach. Not a player. And it wasn't just a player brushing by a coach, it was the coach STICKING HIS KNEE OUT. Lol