Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Just picked up my IBM interior trim panels! (with pics)

I got the call on Tuesday that my door and dash trim panels were ready to be picked up and ran out after work today to pick them up from Clean Cut Creations in Webster Groves, Missouri (St. Louis). I must say, I am beyond impressed. The color is perfect and the fit and finish of the parts is beautiful. I can't possibly recommend these guys enough, not only to those of you in the St. Louis area but also anyone else (they tell me much of the work they do is from elsewhere in the country). Sadly, by the time I finally got home it was too dark to do any work on the car but I am eagerly awaiting installation tomorrow after work (on the 1 year anniversary of when I took delivery no less!). Until then here are some quick shots of the uninstalled panels to tide you over. I'll update this post with installed pics as soon as possible.

A couple shots in normal lighting:

A couple closer shots with more direct, LED lighting:

This one is to show how they handled the dashboard trim pieces with ABL (sorry about the smudges, my fault):

They've never painted trim pieces for a car with dashboard ABL so mine is kind of a test case for them. Since they paint the front of the pieces (as opposed to the back like you would get stock from GM) they had to leave a small line unpainted at the top of the dash pieces (and on the door pieces as well, but it's almost invisible when installed). I snapped the driver's side trim piece in (without ABL so far, I still have to grind down the parts for the ABL pipe to fit) and I couldn't even see the unpainted strips (granted it was very low light). Installed pics will be up ASAP.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
A9AL8R

Drives: IBM 2LT W/CGM Stripes
that looks killer you should take one installed i have IBM also but mine are grey was thinking about painting like this
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Looks real good
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Sweet! Can u post up detailed pics of the install? I'm planning on uninstalling my stock pieces, painting, and reinstalling Tomorrow as well!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
They look great, and I know I love mine! Can't wait to see what they look like with ABL.
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks nice
Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Will these panels work with the ambient light ? They look great and I can't wait to see what they look like installed.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
binlow84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
Will these panels work with the ambient light ? They look great and I can't wait to see what they look like installed.
The panels are the regular stock panels I personally pulled out of my car and they were painted specifically to accommodate ABL. When they paint the pieces they leave a thin, unpainted line for the ABL to shine through which is completely invisible on the door pieces when installed.

Unfortunately there will be no installed pics tonight. A storm has rolled in and I had to stop working on the install. I did manage to get the driver's side piece screwed in before I had to stop (ABL is not yet connected) and it looks awesome, especially under my AAC-sourced blue LED dome lighting. It's supposed to be cooler outside tomorrow but should be decent enough to complete the install. More info soon.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
binlow84

I pulled the car into my car shelter, flipped on the headlights and braved the dropping temperatures to finish installing the driver's side panel. So far that's all that's fully installed (I think I need to tweak the dash panels slightly) but here's a little teaser shot to hold everyone interested over until I can finish installing, hopefully tomorrow. Since it's dark outside the only way I could get a decent picture was to use the flash, so it's a very bright picture.

Name:  IMG_0372.JPG
Views: 1821
Size:  162.7 KB
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
A9AL8R

Drives: IBM 2LT W/CGM Stripes
That looks freaking awesome how wide is the strip needed for the ABL lighting?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. you can see the flake from a mile a way. Best panels i have seen, by far. Great job.
2010 1LT/RS GCN | Roto-Fab CAI | MRT V2.0 | Defenderworx: Chrome Shifter, Polished Door Kick Plates, Polished Door Sills, Black Side Vent Inserts, Chrome Bow Ties, Chrome Cup Holder Surround| GM: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Splash Guards, Wheel Mounted Audio Control, PDIM, 4 Gauge Cluster, Footwell & Cupholder Lighting, Switchblade Silver Interior Trim Kit, Premium Floor Mats| Oracle: Aqua Blue Dome & Trunk LED's, Bright White Plate LED's | RS Chrome Valve Stem Caps | Shined by Adam's & Meguiar's
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Very nice! Can't wait for some more pics.
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #13
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
That does look good!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
That looks killer! Nice match!