Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Adding to the Laws and Regulation Thread

First off let me say thanks to all who have helped with that sticky. The information provided has been a help to many I'm sure and everyone who has contributed is to thank.

Second I wanted to get something rolling as to CARB/California legal modification by company and specific mod. Some companies may provide both CA legal and CA illegal mods and it so we would need to keep it specific. From my understanding ANY modification of the engine is "Illegal" per CA V.C. Now obviously rarely does the CHP/Police pull you over for having a modified exhaust if it isn't obnoxiously loud or obviously broken.

With that said I was wondering if people wanted to help me compile modifications that are in fact "CARB/CA" legal. I was thinking of contacting some shorty header companies to see if any of them pass CARB, also air intakes etc. Also this would be for both V6 and V8 modifications if possible specify if you know one.

If this seems like a stupid idea , ill just let the thread die but it often crosses my mind when searching through possible mods (I'm waiting for mine to arrive) what would be considered California legal.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote