Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
kristyjk36

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS with RS
Rattle near my ear

I've read a lot of posts but I think this is something different. I have a 2012 2SS vert that I LOVE. When it's cold outside it doesn't happen as much but it does happen...there is an annoying rattle near my ear as I drive the car with the top up and windows up. I can still hear it with the rear window down or my window down so not sure it's the window or the top.

My step daughter thinks it may be the black around the rear side window on the driver's side...I think by moving things around I found it to be the black trim on the outside of the driver's side rear window.

It sounds like either metal on metal or hard plastic tick tick ticking when I go over a bump. Like something is loose and just rattles when it gets shaken.

I've solved it for now by turning up the stereo really loud but knowing it's there I can still hear it so maybe not solved at all.

Any TSB on this or is this new? Any one else? I will plan to go to the dealer since I also have the bubbling dash issue but wanted to go with foreknowledge if there was anything known out there.

Thanks!
kristyjk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
D33pTh0u9ht1

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
I am having the same issue. I have not successfully figured out where it is coming from but based on your description it is the exact same thing. Really annoying.
D33pTh0u9ht1 is offline   Reply With Quote