Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #211
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
So you're saying it was never entered into OrderWORKBENCH? You don't have a 6-digit confirmation number? If that's the case I'd be worried (and pissed).
Yeah thats exactly it, my heart feels kinda broken right now, what do i do. I went in telling them about this and they said that it didnt matter because GM hasnt taken any of these orders in. They seem to know what they are doing, they had info on the delay since December and have been telling me of the problems/ bugs that Oshawa has been facing with the car cough cough *automatic trans*
I never had any info to back it up because i didnt know if this was a US thing or not. Great now im screwed, does this mean my car will come even later?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #212
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time.
These two lines I disagree with (I agree that Scott didn't have to communicate as much as does, though). This car is reborn BECAUSE of the enthusiast, there's no other reason to bring it back. Keeping us excited and as in the loop as possible is what has fueled the creation of Camaro5, 5thgen.org, and the sub-forums on the myriad of other Camaro enthusiast websites around.

Look at the vast majority of blogs and car magazines, and they refer their readers to the enthusiast websites for information. So that free advertising is because of US, and you can't possibly deny that free marketing, especially at the level that we have been providing it, isn't worth them keeping us updated.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #213
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Yeah thats exactly it, my heart feels kinda broken right now, what do i do. I went in telling them about this and they said that it didnt matter because GM hasnt taken any of these orders in. They seem to know what they are doing, they had info on the delay since December and have been telling me of the problems/ bugs that Oshawa has been facing with the car cough cough *automatic trans*
I never had any info to back it up because i didnt know if this was a US thing or not. Great now im screwed, does this mean my car will come even later?
Not necessarily. It still depends on your dealer's allocation (hopefully large) and what you ordered. Since you ordered (are ordering) a V6 trim you still have a pretty good shot since (A) that's the "focus" and (B) there are a lot less of them ordered than V8s currently. Since they have your money, if I was you, I would "nicely" demand that they enter it into OrderWORKBENCH. There is no excuse for them not to. Having that simple 6-digit confirmation number will calm you down like you wouldn't believe. Not having it at this point isn't the end of the world though since someone who ordered on Oct 13th in no way, shape, or form is guaranteed a production slot before you at this point.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #214
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
okay, all this has got me comfused.....The previous extimate for camaros to be in dealers was March...Is it now April after the apparantr month delay?
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #215
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
okay, all this has got me comfused.....The previous extimate for camaros to be in dealers was March...Is it now April after the apparantr month delay?
1st round of production will be V6 trims so each dealer can have one for show. Yes, a V6 should be at every dealer by end of April IMO. Those who were told that their car will be in by March (now April) were flat out lied to in my opinion. There is no way the dealer, any dealer, could guarantee that.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #216
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Not necessarily. It still depends on your dealer's allocation (hopefully large) and what you ordered. Since you ordered (are ordering) a V6 trim you still have a pretty good shot since (A) that's the "focus" and (B) there are a lot less of them ordered than V8s currently. Since they have your money, if I was you, I would "nicely" demand that they enter it into OrderWORKBENCH. There is no excuse for them not to. Having that simple 6-digit confirmation number will calm you down like you wouldn't believe. Not having it at this point isn't the end of the world though since someone who ordered on Oct 13th in no way, shape, or form is guaranteed a production slot before you at this point.
His order is in Canada ....there were NO 6 digit numbers entered and workbench is not part of the process up here.

I believe he will have his car well before anyone with a V8. He will have his before mine out here on the "wet " coast.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #217
Amelia98
Honorary Female Member =)

Drives: Camaro and a PT Cruiser
I've waited this long

The delay is okay. I was just worried that my dealer would not be able to fill my V8 order at all. Thanks so much to whoever runs this site. Whether there is misinformation or not at least there is something to grasp onto while we wait out the horror that is unfolding with the car industry and economy in general. Thanks also to Fbod for taking the time to reply to us and our concerns. I was pleasantly surprised by the post.

I have dreamed of owning a Camaro since I was 16 and have worked hard for many years to attain this goal. I have waited for 24 years. I think I can wait a few more months.

Amelia 2SS/RS Rally Yellow!
Baltimore MD
Amelia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #218
ChevyMSU35

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3 Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
ps - any news on Cyber Gray?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
yes

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but does anyone think maybe GM is saving CGM for NAIAS? In the first post fbodfather mentioned how everyone wants to see a silver Camaro because that's what the concept was. Perhaps GM is going to use this idea to blow people away with a CGM - the "ultimate" grayish-silverish color - Camaro at the auto show.

Sorry if someone has already said this, I didn't go through the entire thread.

Oh, and thanks again Scott! We all appreciate your hard work and everyone else at GM who is making this car a reality.
ChevyMSU35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #219
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
His order is in Canada ....there were NO 6 digit numbers entered and workbench is not part of the process up here.

I believe he will have his car well before anyone with a V8. He will have his before mine out here on the "wet " coast.
Really? I'm not saying you're wrong- it just doesn't make sense. Having two separate ordering systems has to cause issues when you're talking about something on that scale. Why would they do something, in my opinion, that bizarre? Do you know what their ordering system actually is? You've peaked my curiosity...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #220
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Your enthusiasm and passion are your own worst enemy here.

Puh leeeeze.

That is awesome how you added your "own worst enemy" to your comment, considering the 5th Gen was shown in "My Own Worst enemy".
Great show BTW. Too bad they only showed the Camaro in the first episode.
OldSchoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #221
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Seriously guys, we're lucky GM involved the enthusiasts in building this car. That's something I've never seen any other manufacturer do. GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time. Scott doesn't HAVE to come on this site to post the latest Camaro news and clear up any confusion.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the way that some select people on this site have chosen to address Scott and GM. But I'm getting a VERY ungrateful vibe from here ever since this news came out. This is the exact reason why automakers like to keep information under wraps, so that people don't misinterpret information and freak out. Even though Scott's already cleared up a lot of the misinformation, even though the moderators have already tried corrected the thinking of a lot of people, there are still those who stubbornly refuse to believe them and decide to bash Scott and GM.

If anybody here wants to see even a thumbnail of a spy photo of the 6th gen. Camaro, I'd suggest lightening up.
Guess what?

I think a LOT of people would think that they handled this a LOT better if GM did NOT give the bit "tease" act and did it the way the 370Z was done.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #222
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:

Seriously guys, we're lucky GM involved the enthusiasts in building this car. That's something I've never seen any other manufacturer do. GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time. Scott doesn't HAVE to come on this site to post the latest Camaro news and clear up any confusion.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the way that some select people on this site have chosen to address Scott and GM. But I'm getting a VERY ungrateful vibe from here ever since this news came out. This is the exact reason why automakers like to keep information under wraps, so that people don't misinterpret information and freak out. Even though Scott's already cleared up a lot of the misinformation, even though the moderators have already tried corrected the thinking of a lot of people, there are still those who stubbornly refuse to believe them and decide to bash Scott and GM.

If anybody here wants to see even a thumbnail of a spy photo of the 6th gen. Camaro, I'd suggest lightening up.

Here's the problem...

We have GM letting out only "hints" or carefully worded political statements and very few actual FACTS. The facts we DO get are taken from "secret" (not for the public) videos meant for dealers and that information CONTRADICTS some of the things "unofficial" channels are saying. How can you expect people to NOT think the worst or feel confused? Especially how can you not be leery in light of the fact that the "good" news and reassurances coming from "unofficial" channels fly in the face of the reality of "allocations" and other factors which people are well aware of and familiar with?

This has gone WAY out of control and anyone inside GM could have seen this coming 3 months ago and put into place some kind of OFFICIAL information channels that spell out EXACTLY what is going to happen and when.

They completely dropped the ball on this one, and it's not getting any better because as far as I can tell there has been NO CHANGE in the way they are doing things. They just tell the people one thing unofficiallly and tell the dealers something else.

This has got to stop.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #223
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
Everyone that is upset about the 30 day delay and the fact V-6's are rolling out earlier you all need to chill out and carefully read fbodfathers opening thread again. You sound like a bunch of whining crybabies.

chill out, the car will be well worth the wait !

I would rather wait for Chevrolet to iron out all of the details than put out a car with issues. Again the car will be well worth waiting for. Relax !

Thanks fbodfather for your time and information.
We know the car is worth the wait. It's the tatty treatement of loyal customers that has many concerned.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #224
Croathlete
Danny

Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Okay, so we know all current orders (as of end of December about 10,000) will be filled by October.

In that case, you would have to expect that if you ordered in October, you are in the first let's say 3,000 orders. I ordered on 10/31 and remember hearing the news shortly after that we had about 3,000 orders. We know that all dealers will be getting a V6 that isn't included in their allocation, so let's make the assumption that our allocations aren't started until April.

I know that production will be slower in the beginning, but to fill 10,000 orders in 7 months (April-October), they will need to average about 1,500 cars a month. For us in the first 3,000 orders, I think we can realistically expect our car in the first 3-4 months.

I'm an engineer and it just made feel a little better to work it out mathematically. I understand that more V8's were ordered than V6's and that production will probably not match that split. I also understand that it isn't this clear cut and a lot of it is dependent on dealers.

Any thoughts?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote