Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_c5519 View Post
If no other mods were to be done except for only adding these headers, how would it change the sound of the stock exhaust. Would it be noticeably louder, deeper, throatier?

Also would it void any factory warranty, just adding the headers?
Adding LT headers with High flow Cats Definitely give you that Deep Muscle car sound without being intrusive to the interior.

Any Aftermarket Performance accessories can jeopardize a warranty repair in the event of a failure.

Warranty is up to your dealer service manager.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Quote:
If no other mods were to be done except for only adding these headers, how would it change the sound of the stock exhaust. Would it be noticeably louder, deeper, throatier?

The only way the could deny a warranty claim for having aftermarket headers would be to prove that they caused the failure to which you are claiming a warranty issue. At least this is what i have experienced. Not sure you can blame much on a set of pipes.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It seems to me, that there are two things, among others, that one has to consider regarding the question above:

* Perhaps adding LTs wouldn't necessarily directly void a warranty. However, if you have to try the belly pan, one might be able to make the argument that you changed the airflow characteristics down there, and if there were a tranny failure, or something along those lines, cutting that pan could be a potential warranty consideration

* Adding LTs with no corresponding tune, might be a waste of money because gains may not be significant. Additionally - sometimes you have to tune the PCM just to keep the 02s happy, so you'd definitely be sacrificing a powertrain warranty, probably, there...

Something has to go wrong for there to be a warranty issue, first of all, and secondly, one has to be able to draw a connection to a failure to the mod'. Don't mod' if you don't have the money to fix the car

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
I see there's an option for ceramic coating. Is there an advantage to this?
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
The only way the could deny a warranty claim for having aftermarket headers would be to prove that they caused the failure to which you are claiming a warranty issue. At least this is what i have experienced. Not sure you can blame much on a set of pipes.
this is a modifcation to your emisisons system. You are voiding parts of your waranty at a minimum.

I have not seen any emissions legal longtubes. Poeple forget is actually a crime to do this so they can use it as an out if they don't want to work on the car.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
I see there's an option for ceramic coating. Is there an advantage to this?
Yes we offer ceramic Coating as an Option we use a Local Coater so about 1-2 weeks turn around.

Yes Coating is ALWAYS benificial, it reduces under hood temps and keep them looking pretty, and one could argue it is worth a few HP.

Ted.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:

In most cases doing the headers in themselves will not void your warranty, other than the parts your changing out. But if you do a tune with them to remove the CEL and to get the most out of the headers, your warranty will then be voided on your drivetrain.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Coated Headers Now available.

Ted.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #23
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Coated Headers Now available.

Ted.
Anyone install these on a ZL1 Convertible yet? They do not have the belly pan like the coupe, but they do have a different X brace under there.

I am interested in installing a set of headers on my 2013, so I would like to know if they fit.

Please PM me price with coating and cats. Shipped to 18017.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
Anyone install these on a ZL1 Convertible yet? They do not have the belly pan like the coupe, but they do have a different X brace under there.

I am interested in installing a set of headers on my 2013, so I would like to know if they fit.

Best to give me a call, I see no reason why they would not fit.

Ted.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
Midway Chevrolet Performance Center

Midway Chevrolet Performance Center's Avatar

Drives: 2010 & 2012The Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post

They fit, We have installed 2 sets on ZL1 convertibles already. PM me if you have any other questions.
Midway Chevrolet Performance Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Bring it to the top for the new guys, these are in stock at all times and we will have them at C5 Indy.