Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-07-2015, 03:26 AM   #225
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
When I see how bad the ecoboost does on the lightning lap and how the 1LE crushed the GTPP by 4seconds despite repavement ... I'm starting to doubt Ford can make a car that would be faser than the Z28 ...

How could you beat the Z when you can't beat the 1LE?

a proud 1LE owner
Old 09-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #226
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
Way to cover your childish lie. You don't get to decide when I show up or what I say, junior.

The fact remains, I merely wrote "GT500" and you claimed I derailed the thread... as you went on a RANT AFTER RANT, like a 12yr old. Grow a set... and get over yourself.

Who listed track time after track time? Me? Nope. You? Yep.
Who went on and on about comparing the various Camaros as opposed to the 1LE which had been the initial comment I responded to? Me? Nope. You? Yep.
Who ACTUALLY derailed the thread? You, period. All I'm saying is, don't blame others for what you did wrong. It makes you look like a stupid little punk, regardless whether or not you actually are.

You could also choose to use some respect. I ain't your daddy... and ain't gonna be. Being decent is a choice you should make. Guys like you are PRECISELY why guys like me don't contribute more. We don't need to hear from the peanut gallery simply because we don't suck up to stupid.
Backpedal, backpedal and try and justify bringing the GT500 into a thread about the GT350R and Z/28. Did you think people weren't going to see through your bogus GT500 claims? I posted facts that are contrary to your opinions. You have yet to post anything of substance. I have and continue to post about the topic at hand and here you are once again derailing it without ANY input on the actual thread topic. Nice.

Back to the subject. While steering and brake feel are highly subjective it seems there were more than a few comments about the feel of the GT350 being less communicative than they hoped. Everyone without question praised the engine though, from it's quick revving nature to its broad torque and everything in between. MotorTrend has selected it for their annual Best Drivers Car competition so we'll see how it stacks up. To my knowledge Ford has never won Best Drivers Car.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #227
Wheelspin

Drives: Camaro. Mustang.
I drove the GT350R around Road America yesterday. I had zero issue with the clutch. It was as good or better at feel and pedal effort than my McCleod Coyote's RXT, and less grabby. (And I don't feel the RXT is grabby)

I'm 6'2 and had no problems whatsoever getting the recaros at the right length for my legs and the telescoping column the right length for my arms.

The brakes were flawless and they didn't vary at all on me from lap to lap or stop to stop.

I thought the steering feel was very good for electric assist. And the ride felt like it would be plenty compliant enough to live with on the street.

It's a very, very well sorted car. It's the performance bargain of the decade, or more. There is nothing under $80 or $90 grand that can top it. You'd have to step up to the Z06 to find get to the next best performance value proposition.

I'd be utterly surprised to find out it doesn't post numbers handily topping the Z28's. Which is good for Z28 fans. Your next version is going to have the be KILLER to top it. (And based on GM and Ford continuing to raise the bar on each other... I'm sure it will be!)
Wheelspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #228
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
When I see how bad the ecoboost does on the lightning lap and how the 1LE crushed the GTPP by 4seconds despite repavement ... I'm starting to doubt Ford can make a car that would be faser than the Z28 ...

How could you beat the Z when you can't beat the 1LE?

a proud 1LE owner
It will be interesting to see, but I have a feeling the R will post better lap times than the Z
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #229
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It will be interesting to see, but I have a feeling the R will post better lap times than the Z
I guess it will. Well, I hope for Ford it will!!

4 secs by the 1LE on the GT PP was more than a slap, it was a punch in the face. If they can't beat the Z28, Ford people will just have to stat making electric cars ...
Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #230
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I guess it will. Well, I hope for Ford it will!!

4 secs by the 1LE on the GT PP was more than a slap, it was a punch in the face. If they can't beat the Z28, Ford people will just have to stat making electric cars ...
All electric, or hybrid.

Last I read the Hybrid Fusion is reviewing and performing wonderfully.

GT got slapped. While still behind the 1LE, i feel an ass kicking of this proportion won't be the norm.

Time will tell us about the 350...but i suspect the R numbers will be superb..as will the regularGT350...

Until a '16SS with magnetic suspension comes close to matching the base no option model for a few grand less...and then the excuses start..and complaining..amd bickering.. and whining about new models vs old.. amd price... and looks.. and bailouts..and blah blah blah blahhheeeuurg
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #231
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
All electric, or hybrid.

Last I read the Hybrid Fusion is reviewing and performing wonderfully.

GT got slapped. While still behind the 1LE, i feel an ass kicking of this proportion won't be the norm.

Time will tell us about the 350...but i suspect the R numbers will be superb..as will the regularGT350...

Until a '16SS with magnetic suspension comes close to matching the base no option model for a few grand less...and then the excuses start..and complaining..amd bickering.. and whining about new models vs old.. amd price... and looks.. and bailouts..and blah blah blah blahhheeeuurg

I agree, that sums it up nicely, can't wait...