Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #4509
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
I know that Chevy, or really any car maker, isnt going to make a full size 2 Door SUV with the V8, but I wish just one would.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #4510
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Full size SUV's overall aren't much of a niche. I think the total for the segment is 350-400 thousand units a year, most of which are sold by GM. But a 2 door would absolutely be a niche product. Most people who buy large SUVs probably want to be able to use the space in the back for passengers (otherwise, why not just get a pickup with a cap?). Removing 2 doors sorta hinders that.
I know people loved the old 2 door Blazers and Broncos, I never understood the appeal of a full size SUV with only 2 doors.

And I agree with Fen, that is the blazer I picture in my head when someone says Chevy Blazer
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #4511
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
This is what I think of when you say Chevy Blazer which is not the same as the S10 Blazer version which some of the younger folks only remember it being.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #4512
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I know people loved the old 2 door Blazers and Broncos, I never understood the appeal of a full size SUV with only 2 doors.

And I agree with Fen, that is the blazer I picture in my head when someone says Chevy Blazer
The 2 door Blazer was at that time a true sport utility and not a modern day station wagon for the urban commuters and it along with the 2 door short box pickup was a fun to drive truck, like a muscle car of the pickup truck world.

I rode in these a few times back in the day, M1009 CUCV Blazer with 6.2 Detroit Diesel V8 that also was installed in the HMMWV.
Attached Images

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 08-28-2017 at 01:48 PM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #4513
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

China gets an Equinox RS but we don't?

Unbelievable.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #4514
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

China gets an Equinox RS but we don't?

Unbelievable.
It's just an appearance package... why can't they actually put some "muscle" behind that RS?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #4515
FenwickHockey65

Because RS has always traditionally been an appearance package.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #4516
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
It's just an appearance package... why can't they actually put some "muscle" behind that RS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because RS has always traditionally been an appearance package.
I was just going to say ... 'has the RS package ever been a performance upgrade?' but then I saw Fen beat me to it.

I should have expected that.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #4517
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
The 2 door Blazer was at that time a true sport utility and not a modern day station wagon for the urban commuters and it along with the 2 door short box pickup was a fun to drive truck, like a muscle car of the pickup truck world.

I rode in these a few times back in the day, M1009 CUCV Blazer with 6.2 Detroit Diesel V8 that also was installed in the HMMWV.
I fondly remember those and dark blue Chevy "6-packs".
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #4518
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Yeah, I had a K-5 Blazer in 1980. It would be nice to see something like that again.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #4519
FenwickHockey65

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100619325

2019 Malibu MCE.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #4520
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You realize that WAY more people want crossovers than SUV's, right? And the fact that you don't like crossovers doesn't really have any impact on the people do want them.
Chevy has FIVE CROSSOVERS/SUV's. Everything from a 4 cyl to a v8, all 4 door models, all pathetically BORING. How many more flavors of the same thing do they need?

Not one of the big 3 has a 2 door. And the 2 door Tahoe sold quite well.

You have 5 models geared toward the soccer mom (Trax, Equinox, Traverse, Tahoe, Suburban) not including GMC models. Make one for Papa so that he can take it out hunting or fishing or whatever. It is a market segment that is wide open.

Don't believe me, look at what the 2 door full size Tahoe's in decent condition fetch versus the 4 door Tahoe of the same configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
Chevy doesn't need anymore $60k+ SUVs. Those are more of a niche vehicle than RWD V8 sedans.

What they should have done was made a true Trailblazer replacement. RWD/4WD, 2.8 Duramax, LGX, and the 5.3. THAT would sell considering how many Trailblazers I see a day and they haven't been made in 9 years.
Trailblazers... Really? With the exception of the SS they were a big pile of steaming crap. The inline 6 was horrible. And once again.. freaking mall crawler.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #4521
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Chevy has FIVE CROSSOVERS/SUV's. Everything from a 4 cyl to a v8, all 4 door models, all pathetically BORING. How many more flavors of the same thing do they need?

You have 5 models geared toward the soccer mom (Trax, Equinox, Traverse, Tahoe, Suburban) not including GMC models. Make one for Papa so that he can take it out hunting or fishing or whatever. It is a market segment that is wide open.

Don't believe me, look at what the 2 door full size Tahoe's in decent condition fetch versus the 4 door Tahoe of the same configuration.

Trailblazers... Really? With the exception of the SS they were a big pile of steaming crap. The inline 6 was horrible. And once again.. freaking mall crawler.
What he said. 2 Door Tahoe. Please.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:09 PM   #4522
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post

You can take the SUV's off road if you want to, pretty sure thats why the Z71 package exists. At any rate, 4 door Tahoe certainly isn't going to be any worse off pavement than a 2 door Tahoe badged as a Blazer would be. Plus, how does removing 2 doors from a Tahoe automatically make it exciting? Or more manly? Or better for fishing?

If you're hunting ... are you sure you don't want a pickup? I'm trying to picture why anyone would want to put a dead deer in the back of their SUV, regardless of the number of doors it has.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions