Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #71
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
congrats opn your new car... i for one am happy with my V6... i don't need nor will utilize more power from the car
lol that what you say now, but once you have that SS< it will be a different story
I remember Mike took me for a drive in his SS
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #72
Keith70Chevelle

Drives: 1970 Chevelle, 2010 Camaro Red
The v-6 is a great car. The price was right. And if I want to go fast and kick some butt I just whip out my 70 Chevelle SS. We bought the car for looks and comfort. So stop knocking the v-6. If you dont want one dont buy one.

PS: and before long there all going to be v-6's. Just it will be turboed or super charged.
Keith70Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #73
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttnutt24 View Post
Man I love it.
Although I said the V6 is an awesome car, anyone thinking of doing this, Do it! You won't be sorry.
Smiled and grinned the whole way home.
RS Package, Red Jewel, 6 speed manual and to top it off, got my sunroof back, oh yea.
Congrats and enjoy your new ride, it's a beauty.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #74
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
It's moves like this that have me wondering why GM made V6 versions of this car at all. Obviously they don't generate any money because nobody cares about them. Eventually with their price points per trim, GM is going to price this car (and themselves for that matter) right out of existence.
Okay let's examine what you have said. Okay done. Now, let's talk logic without emotions attached to the issue. Logically why would anyone need a V8 when the speed limit is at max 75 MPH or less on most Freeways. So after all the motorheads and rabid fans of the V8 buy their SS models, the fanfare will quiet down and we will see more V6 models sold over V8.

GM will have to come out with a Z28 or some other special model to keep the emotions up.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #75
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
who knew this was going to become a v6 bashing thread,

BTW Rick, I got the MRT 2.0 today, thank you they are brand new like you said.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #76
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttnutt24 View Post
At a former employer we did PVD coating on plumbing fixtures and did some test stuff for black chrome that was fantastic. Good stuff we used to for testing polish it with steel wool, the only that really hurt it was Aluminum oxides and whatever the acid or base is in Scrubbing Bubbles. I wanted to do an entire Harley in Black Chrome, but couldn't talk the mad scientist into coating my parts, something about putting "dirty" and their idea of clean was different than mine in their $4 million chambers.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #77
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
who knew this was going to become a v6 bashing thread,

BTW Rick, I got the MRT 2.0 today, thank you they are brand new like you said.
Why does everybody think I'm BASHING V6's?! Please! I'm NOT! The OP basically stated, in so many words, that he didn't like the V6 because he preferred the sound of the SS. I said I didn't think that was a good enough reason but hey, it isn't my car.

I also stated that V6's don't appear that popular because of STATISTICS. The SS to LS/LT ratio is 3:1 (estimated) and all I said was that if the SS was this popular, perhaps it was a waste of money and resources to continue producing the V6 version of this car if everybody like the OP here was obviously not satisfied with it and the majority of Gen 5 Camaro buyers were buying the SS.

I like having the option of a V6 but according to GM sales, it doesn't look very profitable, even with their Synergy Green (LT model only) offering. For you and I, it makes perfect sense, but for GM, right now they aren't making money off of the V6. Maybe it will change. Who knows so please stop messaging me that I hate V6's. Thank you!

For the record, if you look at my garage, I was actually very proud of the 1998 Camaro Convertible I owned even though that was only a V6.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #78
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:
Why does everybody think I'm BASHING V6's?! Please! I'm NOT! The OP basically stated, in so many words, that he didn't like the V6 because he preferred the sound of the SS. I said I didn't think that was a good enough reason but hey, it isn't my car.

I also stated that V6's don't appear that popular because of STATISTICS. The SS to LS/LT ratio is 3:1 (estimated) and all I said was that if the SS was this popular, perhaps it was a waste of money and resources to continue producing the V6 version of this car if everybody like the OP here was obviously not satisfied with it and the majority of Gen 5 Camaro buyers were buying the SS.

I like having the option of a V6 but according to GM sales, it doesn't look very profitable, even with their Synergy Green (LT model only) offering. For you and I, it makes perfect sense, but for GM, right now they aren't making money off of the V6. Maybe it will change. Who knows so please stop messaging me that I hate V6's. Thank you!

For the record, if you look at my garage, I was actually very proud of the 1998 Camaro Convertible I owned even though that was only a V6.

Dude really? Enough with the V6 bashing, we get it you like the V8 better. The V6 is a great car even though you think it sucks.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #79
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
Dude really? Enough with the V6 bashing, we get it you like the V8 better. The V6 is a great car even though you think it sucks.
MacTruck.....I.....hate.....you.....
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #80
MacTruck

Quote:
MacTruck.....I.....hate.....you.....
Glad you got that. LOL.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #81
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Glad you got that. LOL.
I wouldn't have expected anything less from a 7 year old. (I saw that somebody said you were 7 in a previous thread.)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #82
MacTruck

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected anything less from a 7 year old. (I saw that somebody said you were 7 in a previous thread.)
Yeah, check out my video.

I got caught.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #83
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, check out my video.

I got caught.
Wow, that was incredible! I never saw that before. Bahahahaha!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #84
MacTruck

Quote:
Wow, that was incredible! I never saw that before. Bahahahaha!!!!
Yeah santa claus was PISSED.