Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #365
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
-----------OP Read This!!-------------
Look at it like this. Say there was no building around the vehicle, it was an empty lot. The car was parked there, turned off and no body was given permission to operate said vehicle. Only the dealership and under terms that it was for repairs. The dealership was closed. An employee which was not on the clock at the time takes the vehicle. Totals it.

1. Stealing a vehicle
2. Should be tried in court as theft of a motor vehicle and either your insurance should cover it or the suspects insurance should.
3. If insurance should not cover it, you need to sue the suspect for your loss.

You need to stop communication with him and the dealership. Speak only with your lawyer, issue a summonce to the dealership or suspect, and let the judge settle this.

Ask for reimbursment for lawyer fees, rental car, new vehicle, taxes, title, and tags. Make it clear that you want no part in paying for anything AT ALL. This was not your fault. You should not be financially responsible for it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
addendum:

If you find out the employee had past issues with HR then you could go after the dealership for negligence!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #366
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
I emailed Chevy with this:

"I would like to report a dealership for misrepresentation of the Chevorlet brand.

Dealership:
First State Chevorlet

The dealership had a employee break into the service room after hours, that employee stole a 2012 Camaro ZL1 having paint work done, the employee continued to drive it on the road and ended up hitting a pole and totaling it. The dealership is refusing to supply insurance info to the owner of the vehicle, and he was told that it isnt the dealerships responsibility because the employee was off the clock. The dealership was still in possession of the vehicle at the time and should be the responsible party. But no. Instead it has fueled a massive fire on well known website: Camaro5.com and we have decided to assist with our fellow member and help him get his baby back and justice served.

The reason this is such a tragedy is because he traded his prestine 1969 Camaro SS and 2011 Camaro 2SS for the ZL1. He says he will never be able to afford a new ZL1 again. He is getting no where and I decided to do something about it and report to you the dealership. I reccomend that Chevorlet looks into this case and revokes the dealership's lisence. This is not the way Chevorlet should be represented."

Old 12-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #367
WhiteOut13
Phantom Menace

Drives: '13 Summit White Camaro
Wow. I am having a hard time being able to control my anger. What this dealer and employee have put you thru is unbelievable. But on the bright side, I have never heard of a more open and shut case, in regards to suit. Legally I don't see you coming out of this empty handed. Wish you the best OP. Subscribed and following this until resolved.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #368
sporto20

Drives: 1. 2010 2SS (sold) 2. 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
It's a case of not stepping up. I know it's not legally required, but faster results or remuneration would have helped.
Case in point(on a much smaller scale net-value-wise),
while working around customers car after hours, employee of mine dented the door. I saw it, nearly cried, and told him if he did it again he was going to be fired. He just wasn't being careful enough.
I called the customer within the hour,(9pm) told him what had happened. I wiped the whole bill clean($1000+) and asked to be billed directly for the repair.
There was no chip, so maybe a $200 repair, maybe. He was unhappy, but told me he was appreciative of my honesty.
He came and picked the car up, we chatted, all was good. He refused to bill me for the repair, and he is booked in for more work.
Why did I not just fix it and send him on his way?
Simply put its the right thing to do. I love cars, and I know what I would want.
I also know that if I can't be trusted, I'll never have work.
My reputation is everything to me. I don't make millions, so that $1000 would have been nice. It was the only way that I could think of to show my customer about how much I care.
I hope I can assume that you run a successful business, because this kind of integrity should be rewarded. Unfortunately, I find that businesses these days just don't provide consistent, quality service...may be just me. Anyway, I congratulate and thank you for providing this kind of service to your customers!

Ported Supercharger, Snout and TB
Rotofab CAI
Kooks 1 7/8” Headers w/ high flow Cats
LPE GT9 Cam,
BTR Springs and Comp Pushrods
160 degree thermostat
2.55" Upper/9.1" Lower SC pulley w/ balancer
LPE solid isolator, ID850 Injectors
LPE heat exchanger w/ fans
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Custom Tune
Old 12-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #369
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
My Son drove one of my Camaros to the Chevy dealership he was a mechanic for & one of the lot boys drove over the hood & fender of my Camaro with a new 3500 dually. I got paid fair market value. How well I maintained by car was meaningless so I lost a really nice car that couldn't be replaced for what I got paid.

My Son was test driving (normal route all techs take) a 4 year old Corvette after he had rebuilt the transmission & a deer jumped out in front of him doing a number on the Corvette. With part of Bambi still embedded in the Corvette he drove it back to the dealership. The dealer gave the owner full KBB retail on trade for a new Corvette at cost.

I feel for the OP but the legal systems tends to slow things down. Getting a new replacement would be a nice response from the dealer but not likely to happen. All I see happening is dealer's insurance paying fair market value + tax & tags leaving the OP to buy what he wants.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #370
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
-----------OP Read This!!-------------
Look at it like this. Say there was no building around the vehicle, it was an empty lot. The car was parked there, turned off and no body was given permission to operate said vehicle. Only the dealership and under terms that it was for repairs. The dealership was closed. An employee which was not on the clock at the time takes the vehicle. Totals it.

1. Stealing a vehicle
2. Should be tried in court as theft of a motor vehicle and either your insurance should cover it or the suspects insurance should.
3. If insurance should not cover it, you need to sue the suspect for your loss.

You need to stop communication with him and the dealership. Speak only with your lawyer, issue a summonce to the dealership or suspect, and let the judge settle this.

Ask for reimbursment for lawyer fees, rental car, new vehicle, taxes, title, and tags. Make it clear that you want no part in paying for anything AT ALL. This was not your fault. You should not be financially responsible for it.

Agreed 150%!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #371
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Horrible story here. There has to be some way for proper adjudication of the issue. It seems to me that the dealer would bare some responsibility (criminally or civilly) due to them allowing this particular employee to posses a set of keys to the building. Lots of opinions in this thread but I certainly would be seeking the advice of an attorney experienced in handling such matters.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #372
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
nearly 400 posts only to sum it up with...

wait- turn it over to your lawyer- let them battle it out and see what the options are when the dust settles.

Everything else...and I mean EVERYTHING else, from non-involved parties, don't know sh*t and are only speculating and forming opinions which mean virtually nothing. Internet lawyers are seemingly everywhere.
Attached Images

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 12-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #373
Jrd1317

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Has anyone thought that the negative comments/reviews towards the dealer could effect the OPs good will with the dealership?????
Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #374
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrd1317 View Post
Has anyone thought that the negative comments/reviews towards the dealer could effect the OPs good will with the dealership?????
I am pretty sure that went out the window long ago. The OP has been called a "prick" by the dealer, and has been given an option to buy another car from the them (along with the fees and taxes that accompany).

So "good will" is no longer relevant. There was never any to begin with.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #375
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Good Luck OP! Sorry to hear about your ZL1
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #376
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Tell the dealer i will help with the cost! I will send them a few $k for the motor as long as its in good running condition.

The rest sucks big time!!

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
Old 12-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #377
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
What will end up happening won't turn out pretty...

> Dealer locates a Used ZL1 that he can get you
> Insurance eventually pays you for the value of your totaled ZL1 (GEICO sucks with this from past experiences)
> Dealer sells you the Used ZL1 that he can locate
> Or you can buy it from another dealer and make the travel
> Your insurance will pay you for rental usage for its maximum allowance if selected
> You will need to pay any upfront expenses and wait for reimbursement
> you will take the driver to court and sue for what you paid out of pocket (so make sure you do not sign any documents with opposing insurance companies if/when the time comes indicating you are relinquishing them from any future suits - they do do this)
> you name the dealership in a separate lawsuit for not having a secure key drop box or warning that the key drop box is not secure.

As much as we'd love to see you walk away with a brand new ZL1, the reality is that insurance is to make you whole, not better; and this is why we carry insurance, is for unimaginable things like this happening.

Then we sue, and you will most likely win, but then you have to collect. that is the hard part. Collecting from the driver = near impossible. Collecting from the dealership if you win would be easier.

Good luck.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #378
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Sounds like a case for Judge Judy. She'd attack the employee who took the car like a badger.
It's a long shot, but I think her producers would want the case.

The show pays each party around $10k to be on the show. The loser then gets the judgment taken out of their end. The loser doesn't have to pay the judgment, he just gets a smaller check for appearing on the show.

I only mention this because if the OP has to sue the employee (who he said lives in a trailer park and is now unemployed) he'll never collect. You can't get blood from a stone. The employee might even agree to be on the show, as he won't have an open judgment against him.

Judge Judy makes me laugh whenever I see her attack morons.

Last edited by BigBoyBlue; 12-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1