Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #127
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Well -- I'm sorry that you feel the Camaro is a disappointment (maybe I'm not quite understanding everything you're saying.....)

We could have 'rushed' the car -- but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Yes -- you saw the Camaro in Transformers....let me assure you that the whole idea of putting the Camaro in Transformers was hotly debated. On one side - there's your argument: Show the car longgggg before it will hit the streets. I'm glad we did it and I will also venture to say that it's one of the reasons the Camaro has been so successful. (every child sees a Camaro and sees "Bumblebee!"...)

Yes - Chrysler beat us to the punch - but when you look at the differences between a Challenger and Charger versus a Camaro and the Holden Zeta - you'll see that we essentialy have a new car in the Camaro - everything from the cowl forward had to be clean-sheet......

I have yet to see a Challenger convertible - so you are talking about the Mustang....and I beg you to go drive a Mustang Convertible and then a Camaro convertible - simply no comparison.......none! (ask any of the Camaro Disciples that have driven both...)

Plumb crazy - I'm anxious to see how many of them get built and sold.........

Houndstooth? Very retro - and available thru SLP.

Will we tell you everything that's planned? Absolutely not - simply because, as you point out - this is a very competitive business.....and we are not going to show our cards before we need to.

Pay attention to the sites on Wednesday from Chicago.

I think Challenger and Mustang owners may be disappointed - esp. because the Camaro is outselling them - and January once again showed that there is a preference for Camaro.

We don't want to disappoint our customers - but I'll promise you this:

We would much rather 'disappoint' you by taking longer to bring you the best products - rather than 'disappoint' you by producing and delivering an inferior product.

And - as Number 3 points out - we also had to deal with Bankruptcy.......

I will say this for the 20 millionth time: Have Faith. I haven't steered this enthusiast community wrong yet - and I don't intend to..........

Just WOW!!
I can feel what's coming from your tone.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #128
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Well -- I'm sorry that you feel the Camaro is a disappointment (maybe I'm not quite understanding everything you're saying.....)

We could have 'rushed' the car -- but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Yes -- you saw the Camaro in Transformers....let me assure you that the whole idea of putting the Camaro in Transformers was hotly debated. On one side - there's your argument: Show the car longgggg before it will hit the streets. The other side was to say "No thanks -- use a Mustang or a BMW or a VW".......can you imagine? I'm glad we put the Camaro in the movie (as, I think, most enthusiasts agree) and I will also venture to say that it's one of the reasons the Camaro has been so successful. (every child sees a Camaro and sees "Bumblebee!"...)

Yes - Chrysler beat us to the punch - but when you look at the differences between a Challenger and Charger versus a Camaro and the Holden Zeta - you'll see that we essentially have a new car in the Camaro - everything from the cowl forward had to be clean-sheet......plus a whole lot of other stuff..........AND -- keep in mind that we were still trying to support 8 Divisions - whereas Chrysler had three. I'll also put the current GM Portfolio up against Chrysler's current portfolio -- and I think you'll agree that we invested a LOT of money -and that's why our products are winning in the marketplace......(count the number of new cars and trucks that Chrysler has introduced since January 9, 2006 and today - versus GM............see what I mean?

I have yet to see a Challenger convertible - so I have to assume that the Challenger owners are 'disappointed' as well. Yes, Mustang has a convertible.....they've been buildind it longer.... I beg you to go drive a Mustang Convertible and then a Camaro convertible - there is simply no comparison.......(ask any of the Camaro Disciples that have driven both...or read the road tests from auto journalists)

Plumb crazy is an 'interesting' color - and I'm anxious to see how many of them get built and sold.........I'll bet you dinner that the numbers will be very low.......

Houndstooth? Very retro - and available thru SLP.

Will we tell you everything that's planned? Absolutely not - simply because, as you point out - this is a very competitive business.....and we are not going to show our cards before we need to.

Pay attention to the sites on Wednesday from Chicago. I don't think you'd be 'disappointed'......

I think Challenger and Mustang owners may be disappointed - esp. because the Camaro is outselling them - and January once again showed that there is a preference for Camaro.

Now - I don't mean to belittle your points or to take them lightly.

We don't want to disappoint our customers - but I'll promise you this:

We would much rather 'disappoint' you by taking longer to bring you the best products - rather than 'disappoint' you by producing and delivering an inferior product.

Lastly- as Number 3 points out - we also had to deal with Bankruptcy.......

I will say this for the 20 millionth time:

Have Faith.

I don't believe I've steered the Camaro Enthusiast community wrong yet - and I don't intend to..........

Let's chat Thursday!

All I can say is AMEN!
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #129
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:

Let's chat Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
To be honest.
If the Camaro weren't around, I would have a plum Crazy Challenger SRT8.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that though.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #130
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
haha, nice goin fbodfather, all very good points and points ive stressed before, really most of the 'disappointment' that comes across the Camaro enthusiests is, as previously stated, because someone posts a wish-list and it becomes such a hot topic we take it as gospal when in fact no GM officials ever mentioned anything about it. I agree with a lot of what you said, much better to wait for something really amazing then get something mediocre really quick (which is the debate for the Z/28, personally id rather see a Z take a little longer than anticipated and rival the Ford Boss 302 than satisfy the flesh-hungry enthusiests and toss out a supercharged GT500 rival just so they can say "i own a Z/28", but thats me, id rather see the name done the way it was in the beginning lol)

As for the plumb crazy Challenger, thats the oonnllyy thing i disagree on, plumb crazy was amazing and even if the Challenger is worst in performance id still consider purchasing one in that color, its just an amazing color and an amazing piece of challenger heritage....now put a vinyl top on it, LOL, okay just kidding there...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #131
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Looks like next week is going to be very enlightening to say the least, time to hit the sack, have to work Sunday to help pay for my new next car .
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #132
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
I love it when Fbodfather speaks. That is the philosophy that I want to hear.

Based on some of the comments I have read on this thread, this may be old news. This speculation is fun to read and participate in. This announcement could be anything, but I am believing it will be special too. I will mention that I heard a rumor this past week that sounded feasible to me. A version of the TransAm might be coming back. No time frame and I don't have any personal insight or pipeline. Just a casual mention from someone that just might know. I hope I am not starting a false rumor, but it did sound exciting.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #133
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
For Pontiac Trans Am to come back, Pontiac would have to come back. Pontiac is not coming back anytime soon. Just sayin.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #134
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2000car View Post
I love it when Fbodfather speaks. That is the philosophy that I want to hear.

Based on some of the comments I have read on this thread, this may be old news. This speculation is fun to read and participate in. This announcement could be anything, but I am believing it will be special too. I will mention that I heard a rumor this past week that sounded feasible to me. A version of the TransAm might be coming back. No time frame and I don't have any personal insight or pipeline. Just a casual mention from someone that just might know. I hope I am not starting a false rumor, but it did sound exciting.
mmm, you're speaking my languaaggee <3 hahaha
Just as long as its a Pontiac, its like the Cuda, its an extremely legendary car (being the last of the original big cube muscle cars) and it cant be done by anyone but Pontiac, Chevy T/A or Buick T/A wont be tolerated...as is with Plymouth and the Cuda
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #135
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
My 2 cents is that its most likely gonna be another synergy varient, we havent heard really anything about it since its first announcement so im thinkin GM will want to add some spice to that...

...now my wishful thinking? Id love to see a Chevelle, something to battle the Dodge Charger which honestly is in a class of its own right now with everyone focusing on the pony cars. Only thing is it, as well as the charger, should have a 2-door option at least.
And other than that id especially love to see a super N/A Camaro like what Ford will be doing with the Boss 302, only thing is lets not get into naming it yet cause we all know how touchy that subject gets... LOL
Or a Firebird, dear god how sweet it would be if their big announcement was a Firebird and along with that they dropped another bomb shell "Pontiac is back" baahhh im gonna go cry into my pillow now...
xD
Yes, Fbodfather mentioned Firebird enthusiasts in his message....I forgot about that, when I read that it made me wonder if GM had plans to remake that model...there was a Firebird conversion done recently to a Camaro body....hmmm, quite possibly this could be the Camaro based platform then.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #136
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Please pay attention to the sites on Wednesday from Chicago. I don't think you'd be 'disappointed'......

and boom goes the dynamite
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #137
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Yes, Fbodfather mentioned Firebird enthusiasts in his message....I forgot about that, when I read that it made me wonder if GM had plans to remake that model...there was a Firebird conversion done recently to a Camaro body....hmmm, quite possibly this could be the Camaro based platform then.

I dont say Pontiac is dead for good because i respect fbodfather's signature quote..."keep the faith"
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #138
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Well the Camaro is a story in it's own right. But as we are here enthusiastically discussing a simple rumor is it fair to say it was a disapointing story?

But I get your point. I can see where some might have been disappointed.
That was my only point, I just wanted to express how hard it was for all of us Camaro fans; it was a disappointing time while waiting. But we are so glad that the general is back!!
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #139
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
mmm, you're speaking my languaaggee <3 hahaha
Just as long as its a Pontiac, its like the Cuda, its an extremely legendary car (being the last of the original big cube muscle cars) and it cant be done by anyone but Pontiac, Chevy T/A or Buick T/A wont be tolerated...as is with Plymouth and the Cuda
the other issue is there are no big cube engines anymore either.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #140
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
the other issue is there are no big cube engines anymore either.
I'd say that 392 cubic inches is pretty big (new SRT8 Challenger), and obviously ... 427 is even bigger (Z06 Corvette).
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote