Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #29
tokyov

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
very interesting thread..I think it will be a complaint thread.
Sometimes we all expect a car to last forever with no problems and our level of expectations exceed reality.

I expect a 2010 Camaro to function perfectly, like all of my other cars have done in the past. My 2011 Camaro had a host of issues, which is why I cut my losses and traded it in. Ive had so many issues with it under warranty, if it was out of warranty I'd be broke fixing the host of issues my 2011 had. I'll let the new buyer deal with it.
tokyov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I just talked to district manager at GM and the only solution they had for was to keep getting it fixed and there is no solution except to keep getting the problems fixed but I am truly getting tired of taking this car to the service. I really can not get a new car right now and do not know how to fix this problem but I guess there is no solution.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyov View Post
I expect a 2010 Camaro to function perfectly, like all of my other cars have done in the past. My 2011 Camaro had a host of issues, which is why I cut my losses and traded it in. Ive had so many issues with it under warranty, if it was out of warranty I'd be broke fixing the host of issues my 2011 had. I'll let the new buyer deal with it.
Gotchya. Just seems like the issues clearly are showing up on the LS model far more than other models. Which is what let me to believe the original thought. Perhaps the expectations were higher than the actual car itself thus dissatisfaction and nit picking was happening. I have a ton more gadgets to break or malfunction and have been problem free for two years. Of course its not exposed to the elements as it is parked in a garage. I have a different tranny obviously, different brakes and suspension etc. So what kinds of issues did you have with your LS? And were they issues related to it being the absolute base model or were they assoiciated with other models as well. Not bashing..just really curious as I have usually talked with just about everyone that ordered a Camaro at one time or another and this is all new news to me.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #32
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
check out my posts. I had so many problems I dumped the car in a year. A car that I wanted to keep a long time. A car I loved to wind out the gears with. Gone because it was a POS. Sorry Ontario.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #33
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
My 2SS/RS way a dream for the first 3 months, after that it was one thing after another going wrong, hvac,trans,clutch,paint falling off, audio,stabilitrac,burning oil,loosing antifreeze with no leaks,warped window trim, and only scared to see what would of been next, all in 9300mi and a year and a half! Nothing was getting fixed either so what good is a long warranty if nothing gets fixed. My car was a total let down, as well as GM, no support from any of them one bit, needless to say the car is now gone and there won't be another!
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #34
2010 SS RS

Maybe bad kharma, and a bad dealer not fixing stuff and making you happy. So sad too bad. Great that you still hang with the Camaro cround here though.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #35
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Yeah I hate to say it but GM doesnt really seem to care about taking care of its customers. The guys from the Customer Service Department do really try their best it seems they are limited on what they can do. My rep was barely able to offer me two car payments for the 44 straight days my car was in the shop.

Its really upsetting too when you see that 99% of owners have almost no problems yet GM wont even budge on taking care of the 1% who do. I guess we arent a big enough statistic for them to care on a serious level.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #36
smokingcamaro

I love my car but tired of taking it to the dealership to get fixed. When I talked to the director he had nothing to help except to keep getting it fixed. Why is GM have to be so not caring with there customers. THIS WILL BE MY LAST GM MADE CAR!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #37
yellowlightning2009

I have a 2010 camaro ls too thats an automatic olny problem i had is the fan tick apparently its a problem with alot of 2010's
yellowlightning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #38
yellowlightning2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
I love my car but tired of taking it to the dealership to get fixed. When I talked to the director he had nothing to help except to keep getting it fixed. Why is GM have to be so not caring with there customers. THIS WILL BE MY LAST GM MADE CAR!!!!

My dealer is same thing I had G5 GT before my camaro ls and that car was in shop about 3 straight months all together in the less than 4 years I owned it this will aslo probely be my last GM car might be gone as soon as this week. Ford offered a awsome price on a trade in so think im gonna take it
yellowlightning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #39
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlightning2009 View Post
My dealer is same thing I had G5 GT(So let me get this straight. Your Mustang was in the shop for 3 months out of 4 years. Only problem with your Camaro was a fan tick so far otherwise everything else was fine) before my camaro ls and that car was in shop about 3 straight months all together in the less than 4 years I owned it this will aslo probely be my last GM carNow this is the last GM car you will own because you want to go back to a Ford which you missed almost a month a year due to service issues and will never own a GM again of which you have had only one small problem with a fan tick? might be gone as soon as this week. Ford offered a awsome price on a trade in so think im gonna take it
Seems crazy to me. It is a shame that most of the LS owners end up being dissappointed in their cars. I dont think its as much based on real problems as they feel like they just dont fit in the Camaro community due to it being a base model. Personally I dont feel that way about the LS, LT or 2LT but I sure do see it all over the forums and at the car shows. While everyone else is ooooohing and aaaaahhhhhing over the monster and heavily modified SS models people just walk by or turn up their noses on their other brothers. I have seen many cool and well concieved V6 models. But I do understand that when you bought something that you loved and that you could afford and then to suddenly find that the same interest and excitement that you see others garner. That this daily driver model just never feels like you want to feel about them. If it was an Impala you could give a hoot what others thought as there is no buzz over other models of Impala's,...Maybe I am wrong here but I base this on what I have heard from some of the other guys and how they were feeling.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #40
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
mad@gm, I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience with us. We are currently working on a new approach to help to aleviate the process for our customers. With the new GM monicker we are working to create a new customer service experience and we hope to have more happy customers in the years to follow, not only through our products but also through our post sales support.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
well since you wanna be a hero how about about we talk about the POOR paint on the new camaro?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #41
smokingcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Seems crazy to me. It is a shame that most of the LS owners end up being dissappointed in their cars. I dont think its as much based on real problems as they feel like they just dont fit in the Camaro community due to it being a base model. Personally I dont feel that way about the LS, LT or 2LT but I sure do see it all over the forums and at the car shows. While everyone else is ooooohing and aaaaahhhhhing over the monster and heavily modified SS models people just walk by or turn up their noses on their other brothers. I have seen many cool and well concieved V6 models. But I do understand that when you bought something that you loved and that you could afford and then to suddenly find that the same interest and excitement that you see others garner. That this daily driver model just never feels like you want to feel about them. If it was an Impala you could give a hoot what others thought as there is no buzz over other models of Impala's,...Maybe I am wrong here but I base this on what I have heard from some of the other guys and how they were feeling.
Don't get me wrong I love this car, It does not matter that it does not have a v8. MY problem is how many times I have to take this car in to get fixed, I am getting tired of it. When I pay 23K for a car I except better quality then what I have. Am I wrong for that or I just want my money worth!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #42
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Isn't the internet a wonderful thing.....

We've taken delivery of 22 NEW GM products in 35 years and I've owned more than 50.

Our 2010 has 19,800 KM on it in 21 months and all we've done is change the oil. It has met all our expectations. It has exceeded the experience we had with our Honda Accord coupe and it was hard to get that car out of my wifes hands. It is the best built product they have ever made for me. ( I change my oil myself so the car has not been back to a dealer)

Yes...if someone makes you 200,000 steering wheels odds are their will be some that fail to meet spec. If you make 200,000 of anything, something will fail .

A lot of people have a bad experience at dealers....GM MAKES THE PRODUCT. The DEALER sells it. There are many more variables in the dealership than there are in the assembly line in Oshawa.

Too often when a customer has a bad buying experience a door opens and on the other side is someone who will never be happy with the product again. A chain of dissatisfaction is about to unfold. Now even an " odd sound" can be a reason to bail. Some handle it better than others. And some just wanted a reason to buy the next toy.

Most of you on here are too young to know how bad the product from ALL The Big Three was at delivery in the 80's.