Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #5545
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
So Glen has graciously agreed to host an M&M Day on 28 April. The plan is to start around 9AM. We're going to do this up as a potluck and BBQ lunch. Please bring a side dish and anything you want to throw on the grill (burgers, hotdogs, steak, octopus, etc).

Everyone's invited, even if you don't have a mod and just want to come by to watch and learn.

We also need to establish some ground rules regarding the mods;

1. Take with you what you brought (used oil, removed OEM parts, etc.)

2. Put tools back as soon as you're done. Others may need them.

3. Bring any special tools you may need for your mod unless you've arranged for someone else to provide them and assist you.

4. Ask before you use someone else's products (Soap, Wax, Claybar, etc.)

5. Make sure you have all you require to complete your project.

6. No projects that could run into the wee hours of the night (no overnight parking).

I'll send out the location to folks that e-mail or PM me with a reply. Let's not fill up the thread with RSVP's please. Please let me know what you plan to do for a mod or maintenance, and what you'll bring to eat. Also let me know if you have any special automotive skills that may help others.

Should be fun!!!

BODIH
We've got a half-dozen planning to attend. Anyone else want to come out for the day? E-mail or PM me and I'll add you to the list. Hope to see you there!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #5546
BlueME
(aka) TJ

Drives: 2004 Lemans Blue Corvette
Thanks everyone.....

Thanks everyone, I will have another Camaro just a matter of when and what. The garage was a lot of work but, I am really enjoying it. I feel like I am working on cars in my living room all I need is a recliner and TV. I had Rogo’s flooring on Palo Verde do the floor and did have a high gloss top coat put on. I like it because when I am laying on the floor polishing the Corvette I can look at myself. Just Kidding....The Corvette was not an Ebay find it was listed on Craig's list. This is my fourth Corvette was not too sure about these late model ones but, I am really liking it so far. Taking it on the Route 66 Fun Run to Kingman on May 5th. The 2010 ABM was sold to a company in Michigan CAI (Cold Air Inductions Inc.) They are going to be using it as their flagship car to promote their products and other high performance products. You may be seeing it in print ads and it should be at Camaro fest this year. I see where the Hot Rod Garage/Diner in Vail is suppose to open in June sounds like it is going to be a great place to hang out. I keep driving by and checking out the progress.
Everyone be safe and have fun on the road.......TJ

Last edited by BlueME; 04-25-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: change
BlueME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #5547
afhunter

Drives: 2011 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I was driving on base today during lunch and i noticed a 4th Gen vert sitting on the lemon lot for 5400. It appears to be in pretty nice condition with 86k miles. I have been looking to sell my wrangler and i am seriously considering buying this. i have always wanted a vert and this would be awesome to own a 4th and 5th gen.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #5548
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhunter View Post
I was driving on base today during lunch and i noticed a 4th Gen vert sitting on the lemon lot for 5400. It appears to be in pretty nice condition with 86k miles. I have been looking to sell my wrangler and i am seriously considering buying this. i have always wanted a vert and this would be awesome to own a 4th and 5th gen.
I believe that belongs to Blue Grinder. That was his wife's before she got her new 2012 SW 5th Gen.

There's also a 2012 45th Anniversary Edition 2SS on the sale lot. Didn't get a chance to check the mileage. Someone must have received orders overseas...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #5549
afhunter

Quote:
I believe that belongs to Blue Grinder. That was his wife's before she got her new 2012 SW 5th Gen.

There's also a 2012 45th Anniversary Edition 2SS on the sale lot. Didn't get a chance to check the mileage. Someone must have received orders overseas...
hell if i got orders overseas my camaro would be coming along with me. and we would just pay the extra money for my wife's car to come along. oh i saw you this afternoon at luch too. your car was parked in the parking lot of bookman's
Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #5550
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
hell if i got orders overseas my camaro would be coming along with me. and we would just pay the extra money for my wife's car to come along. oh i saw you this afternoon at luch too. your car was parked in the parking lot of bookman's
Agreed. I'd love to take mine to Germany or Northern Italy. Just wouldn't want to take it to Guam or the Azures, with only about 4 miles of paved road!

I went to Philly's Finest for lunch (have to stop there once a week). That's the problem with bringing my car to work; everyone sees where I'm at, and hears when I leave!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #5551
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
can't make it this weekend unfortunately, hope every one has a blast!

on a side note I was curious if the painter in Green valley would do installation as well?

Last edited by Taintedveins; 04-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Taintedveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #5552
Blue Grinder

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS IBM w white stripes
Quote:

Yes, the 4th gen is mine. It looks like it might be sold to a guy on base (fingers crossed). And of course whoever buys it will get a free Tucson Camaro Club card.

The 45th ed has 8100 miles I believe and the seller is asking 38K. I agree that orders are probably the reason. It's funny that you mention Azores, I was going to apply for a position over there but some things came up requiring us to stay. The wife and I were battling which one we would take and which one we would store.
Blue Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #5553
afhunter

i just got my new tail lights in and i think i am going to be installing them either tonight or tomorrow. I wish i could go to the mod day on saturday but i have marriage counseling to go to.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #5554
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
i just got my new tail lights in and i think i am going to be installing them either tonight or tomorrow. I wish i could go to the mod day on saturday but i have marriage counseling to go to.
Mod day sounds like more fun...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #5555
afhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Mod day sounds like more fun...
oh i have no doubt that it will be more fun than that. I got bitched out from my first shirt for canceling one of my counseling appt. to go to the air show.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #5556
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grinder View Post
Yes, the 4th gen is mine. It looks like it might be sold to a guy on base (fingers crossed). And of course whoever buys it will get a free Tucson Camaro Club card.

The 45th ed has 8100 miles I believe and the seller is asking 38K. I agree that orders are probably the reason. It's funny that you mention Azores, I was going to apply for a position over there but some things came up requiring us to stay. The wife and I were battling which one we would take and which one we would store.
Hopefully your sale will go through. I stopped by there after work with Gary and Troy and saw that it was gone and Rachel's 5th gen was sitting there. Figured it was out for a test drive.

Quote:
We'll be hanging out at Glen's all day (don't tell him that!) if you want to stop by after your meeting. Give me a call if you plan on coming up and we'll steer you in the right direction.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #5557
Blue Grinder

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS IBM w white stripes
Quote:
Hopefully your sale will go through. I stopped by there after work with Gary and Troy and saw that it was gone and Rachel's 5th gen was sitting there. Figured it was out for a test drive.
What a day yesterday was. So the guy is getting it financed and the bank wanted a current emissions test. So I drive a half hour to pick it up and go to emissions. Once I got in line my fuel needle dropped to right above the line (gotta love 4th gens fuel gauges) and I had 8 cars in front of me. Was there for about 45 min and finally made it in without running out of gas. Then the gas cap failed. So I had to cross my fingers as I drove to gas station, then on to buy another gas cap. Back to emissions for another 30 min wait to pass the test. I called the guy to let him know that it passed and he tells me, oh yeah, the bank said the car is too old for an auto loan and that I am just going to get a personal so an emissions test is not required. After I dropped car back off and another half hour back home, it was about a 4-hour quest for no damn reason.
Blue Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #5558
afhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grinder View Post
What a day yesterday was. So the guy is getting it financed and the bank wanted a current emissions test. So I drive a half hour to pick it up and go to emissions. Once I got in line my fuel needle dropped to right above the line (gotta love 4th gens fuel gauges) and I had 8 cars in front of me. Was there for about 45 min and finally made it in without running out of gas. Then the gas cap failed. So I had to cross my fingers as I drove to gas station, then on to buy another gas cap. Back to emissions for another 30 min wait to pass the test. I called the guy to let him know that it passed and he tells me, oh yeah, the bank said the car is too old for an auto loan and that I am just going to get a personal so an emissions test is not required. After I dropped car back off and another half hour back home, it was about a 4-hour quest for no damn reason.
Wow i hate days like that. Ah this anticipation is killing me to go home and install the new tail lights.