Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #785
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
IPF Cam angles, looks like a NA setup though.

I loaded the Trifecta tune on my car, see if I can download it to see what Vince does. Then I will put my car back to stock, get that tune so at least I have a base file. After that, the new V60C1C10 3.91 tune, will be running that before I start modding anything. First thing I will be doing though is fixing the shift points and doing data logging.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #786
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Are there tables for WOT cam positioning? I'd be interested to see how those compare to the LFX ones I've seen. 13 & 14 are pretty similar, 12 is way different, I haven't been able to find any LLT tune files online to compare the rest with.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #787
MagnumForceGB

Don't see anything with WOT for cams, might not be unlocked yet. Will see how they differ when I download my stock tune. Ask nicely and I can send it to you.

Throttle body is gone, turn the ignition on and all the traction control lights are on. I get a new one Wednesday.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #788
MagnumForceGB

Trifecta tune was locked, installed my stock tune and downloaded it so I have it. Re-installed the IPF tune but now I'm having to wait for the IPF server to come back up to reinstall the trans tune. From what I've seen in the HP Tuner though, the trans tune only changed settings in the part-throttle shift mph, nothing else, not even shift time.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #789
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
KPE is going to offer a tuner version of the IPF 3.6L Supercharger Kit. This kit will include all the current hardware and will not include an IPF module, software license or tuning support.

We have been following the trend of the market and see many members are going to HP Tuning solutions for a live tune. And yes a live custom tune can yield better results, our only word of caution is to use a reputable tuner who has experience with the 3.6L DI engine.

We will offer this kit in both the LLT and LFX version for those willing to use HP BETA version. Once again we recommend a reputable tuner. We will be able to reduce the overall cost and pass that on to the customer with a lower price point.

Would there be any interest in these kits? You can always contact me directly as well: 888.222.4291 or email andy@kpe-products.com
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #790
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
KPE is going to offer a tuner version of the IPF 3.6L Supercharger Kit. This kit will include all the current hardware and will not include an IPF module, software license or tuning support.

We have been following the trend of the market and see many members are going to HP Tuning solutions for a live tune. And yes a live custom tune can yield better results, our only word of caution is to use a reputable tuner who has experience with the 3.6L DI engine.

We will offer this kit in both the LLT and LFX version for those willing to use HP BETA version. Once again we recommend a reputable tuner. We will be able to reduce the overall cost and pass that on to the customer with a lower price point.

Would there be any interest in these kits? You can always contact me directly as well: 888.222.4291 or email andy@kpe-products.com
You may want to create a new thread about that, some of the new people that might be interested won't be looking in this thread. Also, ProCharger offers the same kit on the Mustang V6, so I think it is a good move. Some people prefer to have their own tuner on the car than a pre-made one.

Played with the 2.25 beta last night and saw that it has a sample of the Copperhead ECU tune, what the Mustang 5.0 uses. I looked at the transmission tuning section and there is no way I can get my transmission to shift like it does, there are a ton more options for the 5.0. I'm just going to work on shift points for 3.91 gears for now. After I get a lot of datalogs I will see about the timing retard that happens during a shift, it breaks momentum at the track and robs a few tenths.

I get my new Throttle Body today, will be installing that and uploading my custom transmission tune. Tomorrow I will see if everything went through correctly, if I get that lean-out condition that happens to others who tune the LLT with HP Tuners. I shouldn't though, I'm only modifying the TCU.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #791
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
You may want to create a new thread about that, some of the new people that might be interested won't be looking in this thread. Also, ProCharger offers the same kit on the Mustang V6, so I think it is a good move. Some people prefer to have their own tuner on the car than a pre-made one.

Played with the 2.25 beta last night and saw that it has a sample of the Copperhead ECU tune, what the Mustang 5.0 uses. I looked at the transmission tuning section and there is no way I can get my transmission to shift like it does, there are a ton more options for the 5.0. I'm just going to work on shift points for 3.91 gears for now. After I get a lot of datalogs I will see about the timing retard that happens during a shift, it breaks momentum at the track and robs a few tenths.

I get my new Throttle Body today, will be installing that and uploading my custom transmission tune. Tomorrow I will see if everything went through correctly, if I get that lean-out condition that happens to others who tune the LLT with HP Tuners. I shouldn't though, I'm only modifying the TCU.
Thanks, I will start a new thread on the supercharger kit. let me know how the tuning goes, I'm curious to see what results you can come up with.

Thanks!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #792
MagnumForceGB

Thanks, been working on the transmission tables for the new gears. Have to do a lot of datalogging to see if I hit the rev limit. I'm not touching shift times or pressures, I think it is fine now. The torque management might get tweaked a little.

Engine side I just turned off the cat heating, hate how much fuel us dumped during that. I will send any logs and tunes to Arno so he can see what I'm doing. I'm hoping we can get that RPM dip fixed, that is the only driveability issue with the tune and with headers.

Got my new Throttle Body, it is so shiny. Wanted to drive the car today but my methanol tank is leaking in the trunk, I didn't tighten the fitting enough. I hate nylon parts.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #793
MagnumForceGB

Uploaded my first HP Tune, called it V70A since it is for 3.48" pulleys and LFX intake manifold. I need to work on the idling part, it runs too rich at initial start up, the LTFT are negative 10%-14%, need to get that to 3%.

Best part, I have a TRUE datalogger now, I got a lot of data from my widebands. They are reading out great, I had to make the formula for the boost gauge though. It is (Volts/0.111) + (-15). Not 100% due to rounding errors, but that is solved for 0 PSI, once you get past 15 it will lose some accuracy. But it is a hundredth of a PSI error.

This weekend I will get more datalogs by driving the vehicle and get the fuel trims corrected for my mods. Once I'm done I will give the tune to Arno so if anybody with my setup wants it they can get it.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #794
paraphlax

Drives: 2012 LFX Bumblebee IPF Supercharged
It is awesome that you put this time and money into tuning and offer it to others!

On the phone as normal!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #795
MagnumForceGB

Took the car out for a drive and the shift points worked, but I think I hit that torque management at 5500 RPM's, my AFR went lean and the timing was pulled for a split second. I think I know what is causing it but I will have to test it on a IPF tune first, get the datalog of it.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #796
MagnumForceGB

Well, I loaded my custom tune to fix the torque management issue and I couldn't really test it. I went out earlier today and tested 2nd gear on the IPF tune, was able to do a full pull till shift. Put my tune in with the attempt to fix the torque management and 2nd gear was worthless at 5000 RPM's. 3rd gear was getting sideways at 5500 RPM's to the point I had to back off. Will keep datalogging and adjusting my fuel trims. I'm learning a lot about this ECU and how it thinks. Works different than just MAF is this so inject this fuel.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #797
MagnumForceGB

Might have hit a snag. Before with the ported throttle body I was 0.92 lambda and 10-11 PSI of boost at red line, now with that stock unit I bought from Amazon it is 0.99 and 12.7 PSI. The car is running about 6% leaner and more boost. Could the spiral of the ported throttle body cause turbulence in the manifold?

Got the 2nd to 3rd shift point nailed down, still haven't messed with 1st gear, too cold for traction.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #798
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I'm pretty much convinced that the ported throttle body does nothing positive for FI cars. Look how much smaller the lf3 throttle body is than the lfx one. Jason posted a good pic in post #2 of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387234

Plus I've talked to guys with SS's running 1000+whp on stock throttle bodies. I'm going to stick with my stock one.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote