Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #29
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmPartsDirect.com View Post

I would like to everyone for the support over the years and for the kind words.

We (GmPartsDirect.com) sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee on OE GM parts. Our prices are discounted for everyone on the website. We display our total cost, including shipping and handling in the shopping cart, no need to call to request a small discount off retail prices plus an undisclosed shipping cost. We leave no surprise to what charges may be charged on your credit card or PayPal account, what is displayed in the shopping cart is what you will be charged. Compare our delivered price

If you find a lower delivered price at one of our competitors, please email us a screen shot and link to the delivered price and we will try to meet and beat our competitor's delivered price. We do not like being under sold!!!

If at any time you email our customer service team at email address customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com, and do not receive a response within 24 hours Monday - Friday, please email me (at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com attention Scott T.) or PM me here on the forum so I can supply the correct answer and then find out the reason no one here has answered your email. All emails should be replied to with 24 hours, most emails are responded to with just a very short time, with email being our only correspondences, we want all responses to you in a short time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com.

Thank you,

Scott T.
GmPartsDirect.com Manager

Good luck getting a response, or the answer to the actual questions.. just more questions...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #30
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Good luck getting a response, or the answer to the actual questions.. just more questions...
Ordered a part from them a good week ago, supposed to be here on Sat. So far so good
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #31
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Ordered a special order carpet piece from them for half the price of local and it came on time.
Reading their policy (which you have to agree to), I knew I could not cancel the order.

I had seen this thread so I sent them an email. Received a timely but semi-lame response, but for half price on a $40 part I decided to roll the dice.
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #32
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
snap. Just came across this thread... I ordered a heritage grill on 4/25 and got billed for it but am still awaiting a tracking number as the item has not shipped.

I got a response actually from Mike at Gmpartsdirect.com and the response I got was as follows:

Quote:
Your order has been printed and sent to our shipping department awaiting shipment. Once a tracking number has been assigned it will be emailed to you, please allow 12-24 hours for the tracking information to update once you receive the tracking number.
What the deuce? If you are a middleman dealership ordering parts from GM directly, should there be a 6 day wait for a simple part I can get in 2 days everywhere else? What gives? I'd like to get the part I pay for within 10 days of paying for it. Not a difficult thing to understand...

Post Tenebras Lux

Last edited by full of days; 04-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #33
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I have only bought one time from them and i received it very fast. AFTER it arrived i asked two questions in seperate emails. I got a response on the first the same day and took about 2 days to get a response on the second that was a technical question. Sorry the OP wasn't satisfied. I was treated very well in my sole purchase so i really can't say anything but good about them.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #34
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 L99 View Post
I realize this is an old thread but I wish I had seen this before I placed my order. I don't even know if you're still affiliated with this company but what you posted above simply isn't an accurate portrayal of the way you do business with every order.

I placed an order 2:01pm 4/15. After not hearing anything for 12 days I initiated a PM inquiring the order status on 4/27. I was then told my order wasn't processed until 4/19, that you were out of stock and had to order from GM, and you're waiting to receive my order from GM in the next couple of business days (a cryptic way of saying probably next week).

So how do these facts mesh with your explanation above on how you claim to do business? I'm NOT upset or impatient, and I leave plenty of positive feedback when warranted, but I think others should know there are still issues with the way your business communicates.

You could've told me 4/19 you were out of stock and you had to order from GM. You didn't. You also could've then kept me informed along the way. You didn't. You claim that you keep customers informed but you don't (at least in my case). Only when I initiated contact after 12 days was I provided any information.

If you haven't figured it out by now--customers simply want vendors to be upfront with prompt communication. Price is secondary--there are several GM parts vendors here who sell the same products for similar price.

For example, a month ago I ordered a part from GMPARTSHOUSE. Within two hours Gene emailed me to tell me the part had to be ordered from GM and it would take an additional 2-3 business days. I was perfectly fine with that because he was upfront and promptly communicated the expectations.

My suggestion is to fix it once and for all or stop telling customers otherwise and close down your GM Internet parts business. If not, your lack of customers may give you no choice. It's widely known here that Camaro owners are keeping some businesses afloat when they would've otherwise shutdown a year or two ago in this economy. It would be a shame to see a vendor have to shut down because they couldn't earn enough business from all these Camaro owners. Price isn't everything.
Thank you for your endorsement. We always put customer service first and foremost. We never try to be the cheapest right off the bat but hey thats why we have a price match policy instead we focus on communication and customer service. We are always more than happy to help
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #35
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
Ordered a part from them a good week ago, supposed to be here on Sat. So far so good
Update: my part arrived yesterday, good experience overall. Will use again if needed.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #36
runner66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmPartsDirect.com View Post

I would like to everyone for the support over the years and for the kind words.

We (GmPartsDirect.com) sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee on OE GM parts. Our prices are discounted for everyone on the website. We display our total cost, including shipping and handling in the shopping cart, no need to call to request a small discount off retail prices plus an undisclosed shipping cost. We leave no surprise to what charges may be charged on your credit card or PayPal account, what is displayed in the shopping cart is what you will be charged. Compare our delivered price

If you find a lower delivered price at one of our competitors, please email us a screen shot and link to the delivered price and we will try to meet and beat our competitor's delivered price. We do not like being under sold!!!

If at any time you email our customer service team at email address customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com, and do not receive a response within 24 hours Monday - Friday, please email me (at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com attention Scott T.) or PM me here on the forum so I can supply the correct answer and then find out the reason no one here has answered your email. All emails should be replied to with 24 hours, most emails are responded to with just a very short time, with email being our only correspondences, we want all responses to you in a short time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at customerservice@GmPartsDirect.com.

Thank you,

Scott T.
GmPartsDirect.com Manager

hey Scott T.
wake the **** up man people like to talk to people on the phone when they orderd stuff and not wait 24 hours for you to get back to them. THATS A BAD WAY OF TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE. if i am going to spend 3 to 4 hundred dollars for my car and i cant pick up the phone and talk to someone i am NOT GOING TO OREDER FROM GMPARTSDIRECT. how hard can it be to set up a phone hotline or have a phone line put in you cheap baster. like i said wake up maybe you should read more of this theard and see why people dont like to order from you.
runner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #37
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
snap. Just came across this thread... I ordered a heritage grill on 4/25 and got billed for it but am still awaiting a tracking number as the item has not shipped.
Lots of luck. I ordered mine 10 days before you and still waiting on ANY information. Friday will be 3 weeks.

Only took 8 days to receive my MPD spoiler (got it yesterday) and that includes painting. Lesson learned. Assuming I ever receive the grill and engine cover I'll stay with GMPARTSHOUSE going forward.

USAF Retired 1994
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #38
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I received an email from gmpartsdirect today and they took care of me.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 05-03-2011 at 06:26 PM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #39
runner66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
I don't know how people order parts when there is no phone number to call I don't car how much money you save. And by the way it can't be much that you save. Just plain dumb
runner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #40
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner66 View Post
I don't know how people order parts when there is no phone number to call I don't car how much money you save. And by the way it can't be much that you save. Just plain dumb

Can you just call the dealership?
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #41
tjudah87

Drives: 16 Camaro 1LT SIM
Yeah this vendor has pathetic customer service I ordered a black gloss heritage grille on 4/18 and haven't heard a thing. Are you guys kidding me? If you didn't have it in stock just say that it would end alot of headaches for alot of people like me who would have just ordered elsewhere. Seriously would never work with this vendor again. I sent an email last week and still no response. The worst part is I don't think you can cancel orders so I just have to wait. I could have ordered somewhere else and already had this installed on my car.

tjudah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #42
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjudah87 View Post
Yeah this vendor has pathetic customer service I ordered a black gloss heritage grille on 4/18 and haven't heard a thing. Are you guys kidding me? If you didn't have it in stock just say that it would end alot of headaches for alot of people like me who would have just ordered elsewhere. Seriously would never work with this vendor again. I sent an email last week and still no response. The worst part is I don't think you can cancel orders so I just have to wait. I could have ordered somewhere else and already had this installed on my car.
Man that really sucks. They used to be top notch. That is horrible service. I will steer clear of them now. I can understand if they might be out of something, but you better communicate with me or it is over.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote