Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
STEALTH_MODE
I have a V6, so what?

Drives: Top Secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
When I first got mine back in 2009, me and my dad took it for a ride and a beautiful girl hanging out the passenger window of a newer mustang giving me thumbs up and saying I love your Camaro, that was definitely a 10+.
who was in the driver side in the mustang? her boyfriend?lol
STEALTH_MODE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
stevea

Drives: just a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
I was hoping for some objectivity in the ratings. Pretend its an Olympic competition....

(and 10 with plus signs is not a rating )
You get -0 for yours
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Local LEO and former multi Mustang owner asks/checks out the car everytime I run into him. He still loves Mustangs but thinks the 5thGen is so much cooler looking than the Mustang.

Father and Son run up to car last weekend at Target and want to take a picture. The Dad tells his son (not Vice Versa) that "there is a cousin to Bumblebee" The Dad's Grin was bigger than his kid's LOL

Sunday was behind a Jeep full of teens with a couple of surfboards on top. There were some thumbs up, waves and smiles. It made for a good moment.Better than a bunch of "birds" LOL

On the other hand, ran into our first azzjack yesterday since getting the car in a Chrysler 300. Just out for a drive and lunch, minding our own business and he decides to tailgate and blow past us. Idiot then slows up to almost a stop at a greenlight waiting for us to approach. My wife says to ignore him and then we get a "salute" from him. I smile he takes off. He obviously took big exception to that.
Slows up again and waits. My wife is worried he is a nut. We ignore him and we pass him.Note: this is all taking place on Disney property with 25-35 speedlimit. He blasts up behind us tailgates for a bit then turns off into Downtown Disney with an OrangeCounty LEO on his azz. Did not notice when the LEO joined in but the episode went from a complete 0 to a 10. LMAO.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Met some friends for dinner & a movie the other night. Parked the Camaro next to their gorgeous 2009 convertible vette. Walking back to the cars after the movie when friends wife says "Your car looks like it's going to beat up our car!". Priceless.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
maherj2
maherj2

Drives: 71 Vista, 77spyder, 13 2SS/RS
Line of sixth grade boys giving me the 'we are not worthy' bow as I dropped off my third grader.... 10
maherj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #20
CamaroCruzin

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
I love the attention and compliments that my bad @$$ car gets... I've gotten the dropped jaws, blank stares, smiles, thumbs up, waves, flashing ( . )( . ) the biker wave. Compliments from cops while giving me a ticket for speeding, Corvette/Saleen /Mustang owners! I give them all an overall 10.
CamaroCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #21
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH_MODE View Post
who was in the driver side in the mustang? her boyfriend?lol
sure was, and he did not look to happy, lol
Old 05-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Middle aged woman in a Mini with a kayak strapped to the roof pulls up beside me while I'm at a red light. She has an arrow and a convoy of traffic behind her. Shouts "I love your car!!" I turn down my Alice In Chains and say "What?!" She yells again, "I love your car! Those new Camaros are beautiful... and I love black!" I said, "but I'm not black!" No I didn't really say that! Anyway, she gives me a thumbs up and scoots away, with a dozen horns behind her!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I've posted this before but here it is again and I don't think it can be beat.
Definately two 10's on the same day:
Got my summit white SS back in '09. While driving down South on the Garden State Pkwy in NJ not one but two different female toll takers commented "nice Car" as I paid my toll. How many cars a day do they see but they both picked my SW SS out of the thousands.
I still get the complements but a lot are now screams from the 10-14 year old kids.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #24
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
I really don't get that many compliments... might have something to do with the music blasting out of the car on any given day, haha.

I did have a strange one though... last week while I was stopped at a light, a homeless guy holding a sign asked me "That car looks nice, is it fast?" I said, "Heh, yes it is". He then followed that with "If it were mine I'd sell it and buy dog food." Creepy...

When I first got it at the end of '09 I did get a guy driving a really nice blacked out Trans Am give me props, but I really don't get a lot of comments. I guess they're just becoming pretty commonplace, maybe that'll change now that I've got my catback in it now And once I do CAI/LT/Cats/Cam...

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #25
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm in line at my local convenience store, but there are several customers ahead of me. I finally pay and go outside to leave. I can't even get to the car door because they are all around the car. They are all doing the compliments thing, all talking at once, and it was very flattering. One kid next to his parents kept saying, "Peel out! Will it peel out?".

I give this an 8 since several folks stopped at once.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
IMO it's all about the color:
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #27
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I had a guy in his 80's tell me that my Camaro was handsome. First time I ever heard someone refer to a car as handsome.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
gbreuk

Drives: 2011 2SS RJT
My son (college age) had two of his girl type friends (very hot) tell him that they wanted to have sex with my car.

Talk about getting a car 15 years too late....

I'd give that a 9.
gbreuk is offline   Reply With Quote