Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
FOR CHRISTS SAKE CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE CRYING?

people, like i've said before. i dont post here much, i read alot; but i listen rather then speak.

for the love of all that is v-8 powered, can we please stop crying about all the little insignificant things that are now yours (the complaning groupo) to pick at?

first it was the headlights, the tailights, the mule interior, blah blah blah...

now it's the weight, the option packages, the no-z28... blah blah blah...

can we all shut up for a minute and remember what is really going on here? take a look at the big 3's sales figures (autoblog.com); and think for a minute what the camaro means at this point.

a, it's a huge leg for GM to stand on
b, it's a huge risk for GM to be taking

we should all take a moment to respect and realize the effort that the people associated with this car's development are doing to make sure this brand survives the next 40 years.

they're doing everything they can, so hush you little fingers in your crying about the latest thing to cry about.

keep the god damn faith.

and lets get some solid facts... i'll start for one:

weight? the camaro a pig?

hardly.

each part of the car from powertrain to interior to cage weighs as much as it needs to in order to do it's job. there's no extra weight put in there that isn't absolutely necessary. you worried about the acceleration of the camaro?

dont be (some below was posted in another thread):

Mustang 210hp 3,356lbs 15.9 lb/hp
Camaro V6 300hp 3,741lbs 12.5 lb/hp
Mustang GT 300hp 3,540lbs 11.5 lb/hp
Challenger SRT8 425hp 4,140lbs 9.74 lb/hp
Camaro SS 422hp 3,860lbs 9.14 lb/hp
Mustang GT500 500hp 3,920lbs 7.84 lb/hp ($42k)
Mustang GT500KR 540hp 3,950lbs 7.31 lb/hp ($50k+)

remember where the v6 and the v8 are meant to compete... the v6 kicks the tail out of the baseline mustang, and the v8 makes the GT look like a joke... heck, it's even on par with the challanger and sure as heck wont be as expensive.

lets be a bit grown up here, those of us who are adults and quit some of the childish antics that have come to mar this wonderful little community over the past few days.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Old 07-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #3
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Camaro SS is 3900+ lbs with an auto which is what the challenger has IMO.

GIGGLES.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #4
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post

for the love of all that is v-8 powered, can we please stop crying about all the little insignificant things that are now yours (the complaning groupo) to pick at?
Well .. insignficant ... TO YOU.

If I or others complain, it's not about insignificant things ... if we care, it's cause we think it's significant.

If you're happy with a SS with "only" 400 hp, I 'm really pleased you'va found your heaven. But I do not. I want a supercharged, otherwise, this will be just like marrying a top model who's dumb.

She's pretty, real sweet to show to your friends, but once you're alone and talk to her ... damn ... that's hell!

This is just MY opinion, but this is NOT insignificant. Cause I care.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
bolteon593

hey man, i agree... i want a 500hp car too but first things first. lets make sure this brand gets back on it's feet and the rest will come in time.

and i'm not singling out anyone... it's just that there's been a rash of imaturity on the forum in the past 48 hours. needs to stop.

p.s. i've had camaro's from 170hp to over 350... camaro doesn't mean numbers... it means something else. if numbers are what drive you, i suggest you look something different cause in all honesty: gm will deliver what it can when it can.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #6
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I agree completely. When you are deciding how disappointing something about the new Camaro is to you remember there are two other VERY REAL possibilities we could have had...
1 No Camaro, at all, ever again
2 A FWD 'sporty' Camaro, what if a few days ago they had announced the Coblat was being renamed the Camaro??? (Not bashing Cobalts, the SS is a great car, but its no Camaro)

Its completely fair to comment on the car, and point out where you may be unhappy. Just remember to gauge that by where we could be, and how much the this Camaro exceeds expectations in so many ways.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
At least the Camaro is coming back - everything else is secondary.. even if important.

Personally I'm worried about RHD and pricing in the UK!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #8
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I would like 500-600 horsepower as much as anyone.... I just dont have $60,000 lying around. I will be happy with 422 HP for around $30K
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
Punk_rider

I may agree with all of you guys, however, I'm that kind of forward looking guys. The camaro's here and it could have been worse. Sure It could, but I'm that kinda man who focuses on what could be better.

I mean, thanx to chevy and chevy people for making such an amazingly beautiful car and so on. I compeltely follow you on this. However, it's like having the best meal of your life but tiny pieces .... you feel happy, but that "not enough" taste breaks the satisfaction.

I mean, regarding the first post, EVERY SINGLE thing is important, nothing is insignificant because what is insignificant to you or me (for ex I hate the new lights inside the grill) is not to another and can be a deal breaker.

We all know the car looks good, but if "insignificant things" make people recognize its beautiful but they rather buy something else, then having this overall beautiful car is useless.

Perfection is in details
Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Believe me, It does not matter what they offered on the Camaro, SOMEONE would not be happy. If they offered 500HP someone would want 550 or 600 HP. It's like giving a Kid $20 and then him saying, "But I really wanted $50."

Just think of the areas when the Camaro Exceeds your expectations and then think where GM could have scrimped and not even given you that....
Times are hard for GM, They had to make sacrifices, so that means we have to also.

Pssst did you not see the performance enhancing parts that will be availible for the Camaro? could those maybe bring you up to that magic 500 HP? I bet you can even work it into the deal when you order your car. Many do when they order a Sky, the dealers will even install them and if they installl them and they are GM approved parts they are covered under the warrenty...

And for those that are whinning that if they don't get what they want they will buy something else. Go ahead and buy it now, and that will leave a Camaro for someone that truly appreciates what a Camaro stands for.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Times are hard for GM, They had to make sacrifices, so that means we have to also...

quoted for accuracy and a humble attitude.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #12
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I understand the LS3 is capable of close to 500 hp just with an intake, cam, and tune. That's alot of bang for the buck! As it is, if you take care, you should get 250,000 miles out of your LS3.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #13
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
And for those that are whinning that if they don't get what they want they will buy something else. Go ahead and buy it now, and that will leave a Camaro for someone that truly appreciates what a Camaro stands for.
Strange ... cause it is not a limitd edition ... and if we go buy something else and the car is a complete failure, then don't plan on having a 6th gen on day ...
Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #14
the_saint

Drives: rusty
Since I was the one that started the thread about options i'll post. first off you need to calm down this is a forum where people discuss car specifically the camaro and if someone sees something they dislike then they make a post about it and discuss it. if you don't like what they have to say then move on.

I thought that the package option would cause the price of an SS to go up so I made a thread about it to see if anyone else had options they preferred to buy separately instead of buying an entire package.

isn't this the whole point of a forums to DISCUSS what I notice with this site is that many here would like only positive things to be mention about the camaro and if its not the same opinion as his or hers then its wrong.

its best to do all the complaining now rather than wait till the car goes into production then bitch about when its in your drive way.

Closed Thread