Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #57
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Probably won't make much difference during the first stop, but the next 20 or 30 brake stabs will likely be much more confidence inspiring considering how this car is driven (and by whom.)
Agreed. Except that it probably would take quite a few less stops to find the difference! Confidence is key to braking efficiently, and better, stiffer components inspire higher levels of confidence.
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #58
Chris_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yes the math and more has been done by brake engineers with the expertise required to do it correctly. Anyone that doubts this simply does not know me.
No doubts, just a question. It is an important issue, so thanks for clarifying as we may not have met yet. I am interested in knowing what the overall balance shift was, but maybe I'm the only one?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #59
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Yhe CTS-V calipers are made by Brembo. We have not had track time to measure stopping distance. Spring and track time are near. Subjectively there seems be a significant improvement. We'll find out soon enough.

Which Brembo system did SLP use?
On the SLP Performance web site, there is a Motor Week Video testing of their ZL575. The car had the 'upgraded Brembo GT Brake package' which had a 0-60 stopping distance of 110 Ft. I thought this was pretty close to the stock SS stopping distance.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #60
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
On the SLP Performance web site, there is a Motor Week Video testing of their ZL575. The car had the 'upgraded Brembo GT Brake package' which had a 0-60 stopping distance of 110 Ft. I thought this was pretty close to the stock SS stopping distance.
Motor Trend printed 60-0 in 106 ft with automatic

In fact the V6 stops faster than the V8. But no one checks the braking after 5-10 60 to zero stops. This one is more important than just the 1 stop

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #61
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Nice write up !!! I need some of those.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #62
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I have several emails / PMs asking how much the Cadillac of Brakes for the 2010 Camaro cost me. Here is the reply in public.

You wouldn't want to know what it cost me. Doing the first is usually ugly. It didn't take an hour to do the brake bleed / fluid change. It took a day. Why? There was no information on how to do a fluid change and the new Internet based GM scan tool didn't have a function for this. So you research. You make calls. No one knows so you start guessing at solutions until you find one. We finally stumbled across the 2010 Corvette ABS routine in the Tech II tool. It looks easy in the thread. Witt has done all the hard work and the post makes it easy -- now.

I am treated like family at Witt, which is wonderful. I do get a discounted labor rate because of the volume of work we do with Witt. They offer similar programs to other corporate service accounts. That said, virtually NOTHING we do together goes as planned because we are not at leading edge technology -- we are at the BLEEDING edge of technology. R & D, first fitments, test fitments take more time, blood sweat and tears than we ever allot for. That's OK. It is part of the business we LOVE.

I hope you all enjoy the benefits of what people / companies like Witt Buick Pedders bring to the community. It is a business. They do make money. If they didn't share our enthusiasm for special cars, projects and people they wouldn't let us in the front door.

Long story short, if you need prices or parts numbers that are not in the thread, give Arthur a call at Witt Buick Pedders or call your local Pedders Dealer. Please don't ask me for the information -- I don't have what you really need -- unless you want to pay my bill for the brake work at Witt.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #63
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Indy -- Saturday http://www.indycamaro.com/
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #64
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Here is the contact info for Witt Buick and who to contact for these Brakes

Arthur at Witt Buick Pedders (231) 722-3771

Witt Buick
67 W. Western Avenue
Muskegon, MI, 49442-1089

thanks
mike
Old 03-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #65
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
I have to say I really like the way that you folks promote your gear
You never knock the base car and never resort to over the top claims, and your website is really well laid out for each kit. You really do seem to try to stick to your "No Bull" tagline.

I can see a Pedders upgrade in my cars future
Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #66
gospeedgo17
Living the Dream 02/2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Blk/Blk; 2003 Av
Quote:
CTS-V Front Calipers, Rotors, Pads and Lines are $2,075. Witt Buick Pedders will install them including fluid and full ABS bleed for $2,349.99.

Excellent work, and thanks for the front only price.
I wanted to confirm that the stock SS 20's will fit afterwards.

Thanks again!
Speed

EXCELLENT JOB, OSHAWA AND ST. CATHERINES! KEEP IT UP!
gospeedgo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #67
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post

Has anyone done the math on the CTS-V system to make sure it is has the correct balance for the V-8 Camaro? If it moves it more toward the front axle, that would be going the wrong way.

Chris
Since Pete's car doesn't nose dive, I imagine the rears are having to earn their keep, even tho GM oversized the rear already. I would bet good money we're looking at what the Z/28 brakes were originally going to be.

You did get my curiosity up tho, have you done the math yet?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #68
Info@PeddersUSA.com

the Pedders Camaro has been corner balance, and is lighter than a CTSV. since they are increasing the brake effectiveness equally, and the proportioning is programmed for the Camaro and not the CTSV, I would have no concerns or worries on brake imbalance. In fact, I would bet the Pedders Camaro will significantly out-brake a CTSV. Out handle it big time as well.

mike
dms
Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #69
Chris_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Since Pete's car doesn't nose dive, I imagine the rears are having to earn their keep, even tho GM oversized the rear already. I would bet good money we're looking at what the Z/28 brakes were originally going to be.

You did get my curiosity up tho, have you done the math yet?
I will when time allows for my own benefit. Nose diving is more of a function of suspension geometry and spring/damper rates, so I'll look at hard numbers. GM was obviously not concerned too much about weight (perhaps they let too many engineers go?) or they would have done a much more reasonably sized rear system. It's a straight lift from the CTS-V and might be a bit too much iron to run at temperatures that are complementary to the fronts. They will work, but I would estimate they are not at optimum.

I need a little more info on the CTS-V calipers to get it all sorted out. After I get a few of the too many projects off of my plate, I'll chase that stuff down.

Chris
Old 03-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #70
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
the Pedders Camaro has been corner balance, and is lighter than a CTSV. since they are increasing the brake effectiveness equally, and the proportioning is programmed for the Camaro and not the CTSV, I would have no concerns or worries on brake imbalance. In fact, I would bet the Pedders Camaro will significantly out-brake a CTSV. Out handle it big time as well.

mike
dms
I'd like to see some back to back (x10 or till Pete's eyes pop out of socket LOL) 100 - 0 distances along side a stock SS