Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
gonna install pedders sway and coilovers

getting ready to drop off car and get sways ,coilovers, diff bushings,upper control arm inners, rear control /toe link..and a few other things...i have been reading brds and hearing about problems installing sways...do i need to know anything b4 i drop off car.. i know my shop has done a ton of coilovers , but not sure of sways...ANYTHING instructional i need to print out or call pedders, to install these parts..i read about having to make bump stops somewhere...any help is appreciated...thanks "Yes, I've been told the front swaybar movement has been resolved. New front clamps from the latest shipment from Australia will be sent to me this week. Bolt-in solution that does not need customer modification, from what I've been told. I guess new swaybar manufacturing and/or specs needed new R&D to address movement issues. Just like the revised installation instructions for the end-links that are shorter than stock. " these are not in my sway kit...things like this is what are holding me up..been sitting on this susp kit for 3 weeks and everytime i get ready to install , i need something else... if i need these, can i go ahead and get kit put on and add these afterwards without a problem. and can pete help me out , since these should be included in sways? thanks again
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Hot Rod

Drives: 99' Honda Civic
Of everything I think sway bars would be the least of your worries. There are instructions for the coilovers on PDF on the internet, but I figured they came in the box. So it should be a problem. It sounds like you're going to have the set up of set ups man! I'm very happy for you.
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Who do you have doing the install for you?
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
You'll find the end links in the box with the bushings... They look similar to this:

With the Pedders XA coilovers, bumpstop is not an issue. You can adjust them to full drop and still have full shock compression/rebound. Do NOT use an impact wrench on the coilover install.

You have the rear cradle bushing inserts, they can be installed without completely removing the cradle.

I think Mike may have a DIY write-up on installing the pumpkin bushings.

You have the full alignment bolt kit, it requires some drilling and/or grinding... Mike can explain.

The front arm bushings should be no problem for an alignment shop that replaces bushings.

You have a sweet Pedders kit, should make those winding Florida back roads a lot more fun to drive

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 07-13-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
I am here to assist you with whatever questions you might have on our Pedders parts.

My contact info is below. You shop can call me. I do have install manuals

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Adaptor spacer plate for the front swaybar stop clamp brackets should arrive in warehouse Friday. I am waiting on these to address movement on my front swaybar. Just need to replace old bracket/bushing with the rear kit stops(picture below) and add the new spacer plate to address clamp/frame clearance.

Your shop should be aware of this.
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Adaptor spacer plate for the front swaybar stop clamp brackets should arrive in warehouse Friday. I am waiting on these to address movement on my front swaybar. Just need to replace old bracket/bushing with the rear kit stops(picture below) and add the new spacer plate to address clamp/frame clearance.

extreme performance has done my kb and done a lot of camaro pedders.. i notice with all camaro upgrades it is sometimes a learning curve for all.. i think pedders is a top notch co., but everyone has a glitch here and there... my shop does some serious builds, from 4 wheel assault vehicles , kodiaks, ..they just finished 2 full custom camaro,s with maggies,cam, lt,s and full pedder coilovers..i have great faith , but as always ,this is my baby and if something has been updated they may not be aware.. mike sent me a recent manual and i also will send them to this link to get the latest ...btw , do i need this clamp? thanks everyone
Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
mikepage0007

so,mike , do i need these stops??btw, ps some wheel combo , comments
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
extreme performance has done my kb and done a lot of camaro pedders.. i notice with all camaro upgrades it is sometimes a learning curve for all.. i think pedders is a top notch co., but everyone has a glitch here and there... my shop does some serious builds, from 4 wheel assault vehicles , kodiaks, ..they just finished 2 full custom camaro,s with maggies,cam, lt,s and full pedder coilovers..i have great faith , but as always ,this is my baby and if something has been updated they may not be aware.. mike sent me a recent manual and i also will send them to this link to get the latest ...btw , do i need this clamp? thanks everyone
I have XAs, swaybarB, front radius rod bushing, rear cradle insert, rear diff bushings, and alignment kit(bolts). Dropped little over 1" all around. Similar build to yours, minus the rear trailing arm bushings.

Overall, I like the improvements with this setup.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
putting my pfadts on next week Mike. you should be ready for road atl now !!! sign up for aug. 7th and 8th.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
putting my pfadts on next week Mike. you should be ready for road atl now !!! sign up for aug. 7th and 8th.
your really starting to piss me off.... hows that hood coming along.. i saw you started it, did you get it done..thinking about adding some meth and turn it up a notch... what do you think about wheels? black spoke? iom trim..oh , jumped on it the other day , tires broke loose and cop pulled me over and asked me how tires could start spinning loose @ 15mph roll..needless to say i had to go hire the traffic clinic..
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
so,mike , do i need these stops??btw, ps some wheel combo , comments
Not my cup of tea, HOWEVER, that looks sick

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post

mike , pete , someone, do i need this clamp...i have spent too much $$$ on this car to have hose clamps for stops.....if i get my car in shop next week and find i have to jerryrig stuff to make it not hit metal to metal on the sways, i am not going to be a happy camper
Old 07-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
mike , pete , someone, do i need this clamp...i have spent too much $$$ on this car to have hose clamps for stops.....if i get my car in shop next week and find i have to jerryrig stuff to make it not hit metal to metal on the sways, i am not going to be a happy camper
Call me and I will talk to you to get it all handled easily for you

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote