Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 05-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Help!..LT RS Middle east spec

Does anyone have the middle east spec version of the v6?..and if so could you please tell me if the Boston Acoustics 9 speaker system came standard with the car?
Also how much did the car cost?
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
1LT here in Oman doesnt come in RS package normaly. I guess that you should order the Boston speakers seperately.

Keep it simple man. The stock speakers are very low, and instead of waiting 5 months for a custom order you could take the 1LT and modify it just like me.

I installed an amp + apline speakers and it rocks now!

RS is an exterior package (HID lamps, spoiler, and larger rims).

Gulf specs are up side down so there is nothing fixed, there are 2 LTs here in Oman. Both non RS packaged, we are similar in the inside, no manual guages, sport bucket seats, stock speakers, sun roof)

Outside we both have different rings, mine is 19'' inch bright alimunim and the other car is 19" inch polished alimunim. The design is similar to RS but the shine is different. I really like mine!

I didnt care from the start because I was planning to modify my camaro anyhow.

It is now in the garage for body kit installation and plenty of other mods.

Last edited by Cyber Gray; 05-08-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
cant wait to see your car Cyber!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Me too brother !!

I'm expecting it this Thursday hopefully.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
1LT here in Oman doesnt come in RS package normaly.
RS package was 500 more..completely worth it imo
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
RS package was 500 more..completely worth it imo
Yeah but you will lose the sun roof and control on fog lights as a drawback for this package!

The HID lights are cool, but I'm installing a phantom grille so no more lights for me I guess.

Also, the stock lip spoiler doesnt fit on my Razzi body kit. It is so short and bearly noticed.:(

I went for the RK spoiler.

Did they told you how long will take for them to get the Camaro to you. The LT took 2 months, but when I asked for the RS they told me you need to wait for 5 months !!

I was planning to go even for the black concept but damit the police will stop me for the red halo, and black color doesnt really fit to our dusty weather
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Yeah but you will lose the sun roof and control on fog lights as a drawback for this package!

The HID lights are cool, but I'm installing a phantom grille so no more lights for me I guess.

Also, the stock lip spoiler doesnt fit on my Razzi body kit. It is so short and bearly noticed.:(

I went for the RK spoiler.

Did they told you how long will take for them to get the Camaro to you. The LT took 2 months, but when I asked for the RS they told me you need to wait for 5 months !!

I was planning to go even for the black concept but damit the police will stop me for the red halo, and black color doesnt really fit to our dusty weather

CG:
The RS Package doesnt always come w/ sunroof and fog-light control, i reckon only with the 2LT it does, my 1LT/RS Package is withOUT the sunroof and foglight control (RS package doesnt allow you to control the foglights, there are adaptors that you can purchase and install, which will enable you to control the foglights on/off in the RS package).

I guess it depends on your region specifications, which defers the RS package from one countjry to another...i guess.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #8
AlSuwaidi

sunroof and rs are unrelated...

with regards to rs there are no fog lights.. they call them daylight driving lights... the HID lights with the RS are good enough in the fog that you dont need the fog lights
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #9
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

LOL, i wasn't trying to give abriviation of the RS DRLs, im just saying there is an accessory cable that you can connect which enables you to control having your fog-lights ON even during the night instead of the HIDs.

Yes, the Sunroof is an option despite RS or non-RS package (500KD).
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #10
AlSuwaidi

my post was in general.. not directed at you btw
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #11
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_h View Post
LOL, i wasn't trying to give abriviation of the RS DRLs, im just saying there is an accessory cable that you can connect which enables you to control having your fog-lights ON even during the night instead of the HIDs.

Yes, the Sunroof is an option despite RS or non-RS package (500KD).
Hold on guys, I said that the specs here are up side down. RS originally comes with a ditiched roof, but yet I have seen RS with sunroofs.

My LT comes originally with leather seats as per the spec sheet from the dealer, but when it arrived I discovered that those are sport buckets.

As you mentioned (Al Suwaidi) you can change the switch for the fog lights..... but since you are planning to change....dont waste money over nothing!

As long as you plan it right take what you want. I dont like Boston speakers for example, so I didnt order them and installed Alpine with amp.

I dont like the lip spoiler so I took one with no spoiler and bought my RK. I didnt bother for the rings as long as they are 19'inch any way.

And most important thing I dont need 6.2 engine thats why I took the LT.

Camaro is pretty, so pick what suits you but make sure that the dealer will deliver it on time to you. Custom orders take time.

If you follow my advice: Buy stock, then customize. All the stuff can be shipped through UPS from the states in 2-7 days, so why wait for 5 months for the dealer to get you what you want?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
my post was in general.. not directed at you btw
you're one funny guy
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
Darkone

Cyber gray, the dealership here in Oman is way too strict. ANY modifications WILL void the warranty.
An after-market sound system is out of the question. I have a 600 rial Alpine system in my current car. 4 speakers, 12'' sub and 2 Amps - All alpine. I could easily transfer it all, but can't risk losing electrical warranty. So I have to get the BA :(
Also concerning the RS, since its gonna be a 2011 model, it will arrive at the earliest by august end, no matter what I choose.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
Darkone

Oh and sunroof, remote vehicle start, convenience package etc etc are all standard. Personally I didn't want the sunroof. But dealer didnt let me remove the option lol