Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #491
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
For sure! Yep, glad it's the weekend!

You guys getting the triple digit heat, too? It's brutal. We're getting up at 5:00 AM Saturday to start the stair painting.

Had a great anniversary. The big dinner is Saturday night!
oh, yeah...blah! I totally HATE hot weather! We've had 100 and over for about a week, I think, with maybe a few days of 98-99...which is close enough to 100 that it makes me sweat just thinking about it.
I'm definitely a "mountain gal"...flannel shirts, jeans, and hiking boots, with a daytime high of 55-60 degrees! That what makes me happy!
[my theory on "it's to hot" is when...you can't take off more than naked, and you're still sweating, then "IT'S TO HOT!"]

Good plan to beat the heat! Stay hydrated and take plenty of breaks...as I'm sure you know. Happy painting!
I had to do some more texturing and touch up painting last night. Hubby and I stayed up until 0100 installing the new lights and mirrors in the master bath. Of course, not without injury and blood-letting! LOL!
Poor DH sliced the side of his hand open[about an inch or so] putting up the last light fixture. We stopped and got the bleeding under control, and luckily I had some steri-strips to put on to close the cut. A BIG band-aid later, he was back in action! LOL!
Today, I'll get eveything all cleaned up and "move" us back into the master-bath. Pix to follow at some point, I promise.

Enjoy your dinner date tonight! I do believe I could eat "my weight" in boiled shrimp with red sauce...followed with a hearty plate of fried butterflied shrimp, good fries, and of course some good 'ole hushpuppies!
Dang...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Have a shrimp or two for us, OK?

Off to the grocery store, then home to finish up the chores...then it will be time to go to bed, get up, and go to work! What happened to the weekend off???!!???

oao
Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #492
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I put up an album of my renos on my profile page; let me know if you can't access it.

here's a pic of the CAI hubby installed for me a few weeks ago.
Attached Images

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 07-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #493
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
CAI looks great! Very nice.

Great before and after reno pics. The tile work is very impressive. Good choices in style and color. Seems like it went well with no major snags. Know it was a pain, though, with the workers in the house.

Oldest daughter has her first interview this Friday in Atlanta. Fingers crossed!

Should be getting my engine cover back this week. Sent it to a guy to black out the CHEVROLET lettering. Hope it turns out OK.

Back to work. Later.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #494
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Thanks for the on the CAI and the renos.
Definitely a pain in the bum, but soooo glad it's all done.

Will keep fingers crossed for your DD's interview. How far is Atlanta from Birmingham? Not very, is it?

Why did you want the CHEVROLET lettering blacked out? Just curious. Seems like lots of folks do bowtie and badge "deletes"; but I'm clueless as to why? I'm kinda proud of my bowtie[even though I may make it white one of these days] and RS badge.

Any big plans for the 4th? We'll just finish up some housey stuff and lay low and try to keep cool. LOL! Sure wish 4th of July fell on a Friday or Monday...I luvs me a 3 day week-end...hehe!

Have a good one and stay safe if you travel!

oao
Old 07-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #495
Black Lightning

Same here for the 4th except for getting up at first light to paint the stair treads. That's all we have left to do! We have done the handrails, side rails, and support pieces. At about 0930 the sun hits and it's just too brutal to be out in that!

The lettering is the raised lettering on the engine cover. Look at the last pic on my underhood pics (side view). I just think it will stand out better against the red background.

Got a lead on a local powdercoater that comes highly recommended. This is for getting my brake calipers painted red.

We are ALL excited for her interview. Yes, about the same distance as our Pensacola trips - 3 1/2 hours on I-20. Lots of construction but that can't last too many more years...lol.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #496
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Got a lead on a local powdercoater that comes highly recommended. This is for getting my brake calipers painted red.
I would LOVE to have mine painted...white![2nd choice would be RS red].
But, alas, white would be forever gray-black from all the brake dust...so I'm pretty sure I'll go for the RS red as well, when the time comes. LOL!
Pictures expected of course when ya get 'er done!

Quote:
on I-20. Lots of construction but that can't last too many more years...lol
well, if the construction crews in your part of the world move as fast as ours, then yeah...count on another, say 5-10 years...LOL! In OOOOklahoma!, we hear about the road work for about 2-3 years before they actually start the work; then they tear it all up and put the "temporary bypass/detour" in place, but NO work gets done after that for a few months. Then the "planned 5 years" turns into 7 or 8 at the least. LOL! Gotta love it when ya see the sign that says "men at work"; we joke that it means 10 men are working on their leaning skills,[as on their shovels], while watching ONE man actually doing the work.
Really, I think we have some parts of I-40 and I-35 as well, that have been permanantly under construction since we moved here in 1975! Seriously.

It's almost Friday...and not a minute to soon! hehe.
TGIF & ABCD!![Adult Beverage Consumption Day]

Have a good one, friend!

oao
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #497
Black Lightning

Good news...my daughter got the job in Atlanta! She is soooooo excited. It's not just taking some job, it's a company she really likes. The bad news is they want her to start in two weeks. My wife and her are off to Atlanta this morning to find an apartment. She will need to move in next Saturday.

I'm off to secure boxes and a moving truck. Will be a busy week.

Talked to the powder coat guy. It's only $100, but now have to find someone to take the calipers off and then back on.

Off to see how many moving boxes I can fit in a Camaro...lol.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #498
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

My computer is in the shop. Using my BlackBerry really Stinks.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #499
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Got my computer back. New video card and a check up...and a hundred bucks later, I'm live again! LOL!

I'm wiped out tonight. I'm pretty sure my brain has already gone to bed and it didn't tell my body! So, I guess I'd better try and catch up with it so we can get up at the same time in the morning..hehe.

By the way, just how many moving boxes can one fit into a Camaro? LOL!

oao
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #500
Black Lightning

25!

But, I cheated. Went to Costco and they had a pre-packaged moving kit. Included tape, bubble wrap, and other stuff. Cool! And, we've just about filled them up.

We're off Saturday morning for the big move. I'm off today and Friday to get things going.

Glad the computer is back up!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #501
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I don't stop in here often, but noticed Black Lightning's daughter is moving to Atlanta. I'm in the suburbs, NE...........if she needs anything, let me know. Also, we're having a GTG Saturday ALL DAY at Stone Mtn, not that you're gonna be busy or anything........but, if you get bored, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #502
Black Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I don't stop in here often, but noticed Black Lightning's daughter is moving to Atlanta. I'm in the suburbs, NE...........if she needs anything, let me know. Also, we're having a GTG Saturday ALL DAY at Stone Mtn, not that you're gonna be busy or anything........but, if you get bored, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number
Thanks! Sent you a PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #503
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
25!

But, I cheated. Went to Costco and they had a pre-packaged moving kit. Included tape, bubble wrap, and other stuff. Cool! And, we've just about filled them up.

We're off Saturday morning for the big move. I'm off today and Friday to get things going.

Glad the computer is back up!
Happy moving day!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #504
Black Lightning

Thanks!

And, success! We got her settled in and did a big grocery run. Been a long day. Wife and I just celebrated with a nice PF Changs dinner, and now going for the Advil and going to crash!

Headed back home in the morning as soon as we secure a washer and dryer from Sears. Fingers crossed that goes well, too.