Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #211
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
How does a true E85 Fuel Flex car handle the cold starting problem? In Iowa most of our State Cars run the E85, or at least have the option to. And there are no shortages of Highway Patrols when it gets colder.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #212
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Woohooo!!! Shooting for march 14th!! have your popcorns ready.

kmorpheus, flex fuel vehicles doesn't usually go through cold start issues or as bad as non flex fuel vehicles because they have special sensors that will compensate fueling according to temperature. There are some evo guys that are actually putting in GM flex fuel sensors just to help with temp difference while on e85.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #213
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM

Thanks JAY. Can't wait.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #214
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Man I cant keep up with all these thread and im glad I cant great times
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #215
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Question

TJ, dont worry bro you know you always end up getting the info anyway
Old 03-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #216
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
TJ, dont worry bro you know you always end up getting the info anyway
Thanks brotha!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #217
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Soooo I take it you're keeping your Camaro?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #218
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Nah he's driving it over to my house and leaving it. Hooking him up with a MetroBus card to get him back home!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #219
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Soooo I take it you're keeping your Camaro?
Yhea.. I was going to surprise you all with a "I traded my camaro" thread LOL. Originally was going to wait for the new 2013 genesis coupe or ford ST, but kind of steered towards a twin turbo 1 series or 3 series bmw, but in the process I got tired of these stealers low balling my camaro so I decided to come back to my senses very quickly, for now. Who knows what the future will bring. My car will be paid off in a few months so we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Nah he's driving it over to my house and leaving it. Hooking him up with a MetroBus card to get him back home!
bus card won't get me out of dc/maryland LOL, I need to get to baltimore metro area. Probably going to need amtrak.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #220
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Bmore I walked out to my car at work today to find a black Laguna Seca parked behind me - the color scheme reminded me of yours it looked freaking awesome!

Not to threadjack but do you have custom paint or vinyl and where'd you get it done? I'm thinking some matte black accents on mine would look awesome.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #221
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
[QUOTE=bmorecam;4619431]Yhea.. I was going to surprise you all with a "I traded my camaro" thread LOL. Originally was going to wait for the new 2013 genesis coupe or ford ST, but kind of steered towards a twin turbo 1 series or 3 series bmw, but in the process I got tired of these stealers low balling my camaro so I decided to come back to my senses very quickly, for now. Who knows what the future will bring. My car will be paid off in a few months so we will see.

Well let's boost up and join the revolution. I've heard those turbo'd Beemers have issues. But I guess they'd be factory backed issues. Cant bring myself to pull the trigger on a BMW again. Too much stigma.

At any rate you gotta love what RX has out now for our machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #222
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Woohooo!!! Shooting for march 14th!! have your popcorns ready.

kmorpheus, flex fuel vehicles doesn't usually go through cold start issues or as bad as non flex fuel vehicles because they have special sensors that will compensate fueling according to temperature. There are some evo guys that are actually putting in GM flex fuel sensors just to help with temp difference while on e85.
Looks like i'll have a Sweet Birthday gift to myself ( 15th ) ! A tune up date !!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #223
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Chad, I got the stripe from a vinyl shop in ohio. I can't exactly remember the name off top of my head right now but they have one of the cheapest prices and the quality is exellent. I did the stripes myself. It's actually pretty easy as long as you take your time. The hood stripe is now gone replaced with carbon fiber hood.

Jak, Yes sir! so I take it that you are planning for a little something yourself heh We have RX that's been on this for awhile now, and there's rdp with their turbo build that look very interesting, and mace right around the corner with the cams making it possible for guys that would like to stay n/a, the playing field is looking beautiful! Why would I want to let my car go now LOL.

Beesting, just talk to vince yesterday to confirm everything and it seems he has things in check I can't wait myself even tho I am already running with the the tune, but it look like we might be able to refine the tune and get even more gain out of this but we will see.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #224
bmorecam
Account Suspended

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Tomorrow!!!!!! dyno!!!! have your popcorns ready