Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #43
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
I spoke with my State Farm Rep. She said offered me this deal, but then said (I wouldn't do it). It would cost you more in the long run. She told me how but I forget the details. . . Wish I paid more attention.

I do work in I.T. and let me tell you, if the data is there, it WILL be used to manipulate your lives. When things start costing more, you will know why. I didn't want it for the tracking purposes.

She also said that this will probably one day become the law to have to use one of these.

State Farm is a bank. Don't be fooled. They offer bank accounts. Ask them about it.

When you go over 80 MPH they are going to see it as you taking risks. Not you casually driving on the interstate in a 75 MPH road. When you take it to the drag strip, they won't see it as you drag racing legally. It will affect you more in the long run. Don't do it, and boycott these methods. Tell your reps you do not like these tactics and that you better not see this become mandatory. Let them know!
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I got something in the mail about it last year, I just tossed it in the trash. I have talked to my agent several times since then and she has never mentioned anything about it.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #45
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
it's just gonna be like when Garmin and TomTom offered up their GPS info collected from your navigation units to police and governments to use in studies about traffic patterns and bottlenecks ... but they used it to figure out areas people speed and set up radar and cameras instead. I'm think TomTom apologized to their customers and said they were trying to do a good thing and were taken advantage of and stopped providing info to local authorities.

Typing fat fingered on my GS3...excuse any sfelling mitcakes
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #46
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
That's BS!
Have you ever had to file a claim with them?
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #47
Zig Zag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
The reason why they're going to charge us Cali drivers for every mile we drive IS BECAUSE of the Hybrid and Electric cars out there. You can thank that smug Toyota Prius driver who drives 55 in the fast lane for this. You can thank all those people who feel they're doing a planet a favor by going green.

You can thank all those people who said "SCREW OIL COMPANIES, LETS GO GREEN AND DRIVE ELECTRIC!!!! YEAH MAN!!! SMART CAR!!!! YEAH MAN!!!!!

You can thank all those goofy goobers who say SCREW OIL yet mostly everything is MADEEEEEEE WITH OIL.........

So basically supply and demand wasn't as high, and gas prices went to a low point. They're fairly high here in Commiefornia, but not as bad as like 2 months ago. I believe REGULAR GAS is now 3.70 a gallon here in San Mateo on average?

They're so many NEW LAWS (I forgot how many new laws/regulations are implemented every day here in good old BANKRUPT Cali). I can't wait for November 4th.

This is another reason why I'm glad I got a V6 over the V8 (as much as I love the sound of a V8). I'm barely making it right now, but tell myself everyday things could be worse. Aint NOBODY gonna help me, I just gotta help myself because i've seen noone come to my rescue. I just hope soon I can afford to move to Texas.....I'll get along with everyone over there unlike here. >:{
Wow! Maybe relax a little, turn off the TV, take the dog for a walk...
Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #48
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Wow! Maybe relax a little, turn off the TV, take the dog for a walk...
Lmfao
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:14 AM   #49
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
Somebody needs to tell that to the ARMY. We have a whole different language that would run you crazy. IJS!

acronyms galore lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #50
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Another tale that makes my stomach turn. I hear about that pay per mile thing in California, another reason I'm looking to leave this place. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We're screwed.
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 AM   #51
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Moved out of Kalifornia 20 years ago... Never goin back
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #52
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Insurance companies can kiss my A$$ all this spying is out of control , Phone spying , Internet spying , Government spying , Electronic tickets from Cameras on streets ,now car insurance spying , Stay the hell out of my business.
Don't forget that attitude when it comes time to vote!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #53
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
Have you ever had to file a claim with them?
Not since 1991 (twice). 1. Wife's car got hit by a kid running a stop sign. 2. Wife's car got pummeled in a hail storm. No problems and no rate increases for either. None since. Why do you ask?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #54
Zig Zag

Quote:
Not since 1991 (twice). 1. Wife's car got hit by a kid running a stop sign. 2. Wife's car got pummeled in a hail storm. No problems and no rate increases for either. None since. Why do you ask?
That's good, I hope your luck holds out, but don't count on it.
One of their customers rear ended my bike while I was sitting at a red light.
They screwed me.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #55
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
The folks that DO sign up for this are going to affect the other owners of similar cars, even if YOU don't sign up for it. Now, if those that do hardly ever drive their cars, then rates SHOULD stay lower. But if they use say, a ZL1's potential and drive 130 down the road, then we ALL will pay for that. They just won't jack the 130 mph driver. They'll get everyone.

I have SF, and my first 6 month premium was stupid-low (IMO) for the ZL1. They went up the next 6 months by 25. Hmmm...I wonder how those getting 5% savings are being funded...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #56
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Thanks. Of course, it makes no sense and has no contextual meaning as a stand-alone post. Christ... can't we take a minute and spell stuff out? WTF!
JGOI. LOL

J/K!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote