Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Pfadt Stage 3 Handling Package

Has anyone done the Pfadt Stage 3 Handling Package. I was thinking about it, but wanna hear from someone who did before I indulged.
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
This has to be our customer's most requested stage from Pfadt. It is a great starting point and you can leave it alone after that or build on it without doubling up on costs. It has a great foundation for rear end for traction as well as wheel hop. The springs and sways are also a great improvement over the stock system without increasing NVH much. Our customers love it. Shoot me a PM if you need specifics or pricing!
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Pfadt Stage 3 is a very solid package that addresses the weak links in the stock set up and upgrades all of the major components. It is ideal for the Camaro owner looking to cover all the bases in one pass and save some money. We have set up quite a few Camaro5 members with this package so there should be no shortage of feedback. If you have any questions about it feel free to hit me up.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I have the stage 2 and absolutely love it. Would love to get my hands on those solid subframe bushings but can't justify dropping $700 on a set.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Thanks for the positive comments gentlemen! We have really taken the time to put together a well thought out system with the Stage 3 Package that addresses the most glaring issues for the Camaro 5. Please let us know if you have any specific questions, but we have shipped quite a few of these sets out with extremely positive feedback so far.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
I love my car and I use it as a daily driver when it's nice out. I have a junker for when it's not nice that I don't like so much.. I will be taking my camaro to the drag strip at least once or twice a month in the summer. I really want to do a road course this summer, but haven't made any plans to do that yet.

I'm far from a serious 'racer', but I want something that covers all the bases, doesn't break the bank (but is the best out there for the money), and leaves room to upgrade in the future if I decide I want to later (no immediate plans of that though)

I'm curious about how this change would be for my "daily driver" part. I know the ride is definetly going to stiffen up some, but would like to hear from others if this is the right kit for this type of use.
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
I love my car and I use it as a daily driver when it's nice out. I have a junker for when it's not nice that I don't like so much.. I will be taking my camaro to the drag strip at least once or twice a month in the summer. I really want to do a road course this summer, but haven't made any plans to do that yet.

I'm far from a serious 'racer', but I want something that covers all the bases, doesn't break the bank (but is the best out there for the money), and leaves room to upgrade in the future if I decide I want to later (no immediate plans of that though)

I'm curious about how this change would be for my "daily driver" part. I know the ride is definetly going to stiffen up some, but would like to hear from others if this is the right kit for this type of use.
As you mentioned, things will be firmer and you will feel the road more but there is nothing about the Stage 3 that would make it inappropriate for a daily driver.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post

You're exactly the customer we packaged the stage 3 kit for. Someone looking to improve the handling and balance of the car, without major expense or substantial increase in Noise/Vibration/Harshness. Your ride will be firmer, and what is and what isn't acceptable is very subjective and varies from customer to customer. That being said, we have plenty of customers who are extremely happy with the results after installing this package.

From personal experience after install the car sure is a lot more fun to drive!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I already have the Pfadt springs, sways, end links, and trailing arms. These have produced a huge improvement to how the car handles and how it looks.

I am having the differential and subframe bushings installed by shop (IPS Motorsports) this week. I guess that means I will have the Stage 3 kit once the bushings are in. I've added enough power to my car to know I want to the car to feel more planted in the back end. I am very excited to have this done. When I get my car back from my shop, I'll be sure to report my impressions in my car journal.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I already have the Pfadt springs, sways, end links, and trailing arms. These have produced a huge improvement to how the car handles and how it looks.

I am having the differential and subframe bushings installed by shop (IPS Motorsports) this week. I guess that means I will have the Stage 3 kit once the bushings are in. I've added enough power to my car to know I want to the car to feel more planted in the back end. I am very excited to have this done. When I get my car back from my shop, I'll be sure to report my impressions in my car journal.
You are the kind of customer who needs those differential and sub frame bushing upgrades. Be sure to post your thoughts after you have had a chance to get in it some.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You are the kind of customer who needs those differential and sub frame bushing upgrades. Be sure to post your thoughts after you have had a chance to get in it some.
Are you trying to tell me something, Chase?

Check out the new plates I just ordered:

Ok, back on topic...

I will definitely let you know how the new bushings make the car handle.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Are you trying to tell me something, Chase?

Check out the new plates I just ordered:

Ok, back on topic...

I will definitely let you know how the new bushings make the car handle.
You have a gift when it comes to picking vanity plates. I'm giving you a call next time I need inspiration.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
72Rookie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I've had the Pfadt Springs and sway bars for a few months now. Today I put on the trailing arms and I'll tell you they make a noticeable difference immediately. They cleared up the roughness from the drop springs. I should have done the trailing arms before the springs. I will be doing the subframe bushings in the near future to finish off the rear end.
72Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote