Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
BRNLKY2

Drives: Yukon Denali
Originally Posted by BRNLKY2
My bad......I tend to start at that line most people don't want to cross. No Big deal, we all tend to do it.

I realize to catch up with the "one horse show" they will have to sell alot of pinks and blues, but damn......if it won't stomp a mustang or challenger hands down, it will be like......well the CUBS going to the playoffs.
Oh, it will. "...Plant an old man's ass in the seat." ~fbodfather Hope we are talking about the car and not the playoffs.

...I loved my 98' SS for the simple fact that I never worried about a Mustang at a stop light.
That might be due in part to the fact it's an SS. Would you feel the same way if it was a V6 of the same year? Why in the hell would you buy a V-6 Camaro. Thats like an 18" baseball bat........sure the concept is there but not very functional.
I guess only time will tell. I hate leaving my happiness and bliss in the hands of Bob Putz.
FYI, it's almost all thanks to him that Camaro is back...and we like him, 'Putz' doesn't sit well with me (but who am I?)Ok I get it he's the hero....go back three years when HE said retro cars were a fad and he would never endorse one. You maybe right he brought it back, but the delay is definately on him.
The GTO didnt fail because it was too expensive......It was ugly. It looked like a dodge avenger. My mom loved it, as did the rest of the soccer moms. A bad ass engine in a mid 90's Monte Carlo isnt going to sell to a generation of men that think round imports are crap. If you go back and look at the origional shop dwgs.
Not true. The GTO has been complimented on it's looks, by magazines, and car review sites alike. The onlything against it was that it probably could have gone without the "GTO" badge. Its problem was overpricing, and poor product placement.You are right the car was sharp....as a 97-02 two door Grand Prix They miscalculated where the majority of the limitedly produced cars should go, so those who wanted to buy them, couldn't, and those who didn't want to, didn't. The Goat was a baddass car, and though my first impression was..."that's a GTO?" I soon realized that the name doesn't make a car, the bottom line was that it flew!
Thank you Bob Putz for letting bean counters ruin a great American Car.
Again, that's not nice.Again, sorry didnt realize he was "The Man" around here.
BRNLKY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
"Maximum Bob"...He is the man...

and Scott was talking about the Camaro(not the playoffs), that's why I'm not worried.

I wouldn't necessarily buy a V6 Camaro, only because I fell in love with the American V8 long ago...but to others(especially younger buyers), it's a sharp looking car they want...not the insane power numbers. I say insane, because that's what they are (V8's), the V6's of today have respectible hp numbers: (3.9 w/ 250 +/-, and especially the 3.9 w/DI 300 +/-) :eek:

Plus, not everybody has the insurance, or the money upfront to purchase a V8 Camaro (or any V8 car). That's a good thing, because it's those people who will be making up the majority of Camaro buyers.

And, to finish my rant...V6 Camaro, V8 Camaro, V12 Camaro, I4 camaro...does it matter? A Camaro is a Camaro - and when it comes right down to it, it's the name and the heritage that people remember and cherish initially, not the engines.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
To answer some of those points you brought up
Yes he was talking about the car

People will buy the V6 because it is cheaper and looks just as cool. the majority of car buyers don't care about performance.

The styling of a car depends on who's looking at it. some like smooth curves, others like hard lines. the new GTO didn't really stand out when you looked at it, it looked like most other pontiacs, different size same shape, and many other cars on the road. most that don't care about looks couldn't afford the car, and few people really knew about the car in the first place.

Lastly, i don't see Bob Lutz contradicting himself by saying he won't endorse retro cars. The new camaro is modern in every sense. it is inspired by the classic 69 camaro but nobody will say that it looks retro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #18
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Lastly, i don't see Bob Lutz contradicting himself by saying he won't endorse retro cars. The new camaro is modern in every sense. it is inspired by the classic 69 camaro but nobody will say that it looks retro.
Exactly. In fact, unless they've spent a lot of time around the 1969 Camaro, most people don't even see any retro in the concept at all.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
I don't think you'll see three V-8 options.....And I hate to tell yea but GM is looking at women buyers along with the younger buyer. I can see them building two V-6 options for the simple fact cost and insurance. The younger buyer cannot afford the insurance and price of the V-8 car and most female buyers don't care......Look at the Mustang sales numbers.

Plus the fact could you picture the face on the Mustang GT driver that just lost to a V-6 Camaro......Classic
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Plus the fact could you picture the face on the Mustang GT driver that just lost to a V-6 Camaro......Classic
YESSS!!!! I thought i was the only one thinking about that.
CANT WAIT!

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I don't think you'll see three V-8 options.....And I hate to tell yea but GM is looking at women buyers along with the younger buyer. I can see them building two V-6 options for the simple fact cost and insurance. The younger buyer cannot afford the insurance and price of the V-8 car and most female buyers don't care......Look at the Mustang sales numbers.

Exactly. Completely agree.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote