Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Question for dealer members: How does price increase affect MSRP Agreement?

OK, so I understand there is going to be a price increase coming soon. I have in writing on my order confirmation sheet that I will be charged no more than MSRP + tax, tag, title, but my dealer has repeatedly sidestepped my questions about what the final price will be.

Is there an OFFICIAL Pre-order MSRP? I plan on configuring a "build-your-own" on the camaro website before 4/9 and bringing it with me when I accept delivery. Will that be enough? Any recommendations?
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
A lot of dealerships told customers $500 down and msrp, just to get the orders in. Once yours shows up....different story. If you dont like over MSRP, there will be a customer who wont want to wait like some have since Oct.

Anywho, if yours has already been accepted and built it will not affect your pricing. However, if yours hasn't been built, your MSRP will go up, and you agreed to MSRP.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
A lot of dealerships told customers $500 down and msrp, just to get the orders in. Once yours shows up....different story. If you dont like over MSRP, there will be a customer who wont want to wait like some have since Oct.

Anywho, if yours has already been accepted and built it will not affect your pricing. However, if yours hasn't been built, your MSRP will go up, and you agreed to MSRP.
That is so cold - and maybe true as well. :(

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
but your price protected for the MSRP when you ordered. Thought that was the whole point for having the R6P code
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
but your price protected for the MSRP when you ordered. Thought that was the whole point for having the R6P code
Yes, true.But the price protection is only with GM, meaning the MSRP won't be raised. It has nothing to do with what the dealer can sell it for. If the dealer decides they want 10K over MSRP, then your screwed.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Yes, true.But the price protection is only with GM, meaning the MSRP won't be raised. It has nothing to do with what the dealer can sell it for. If the dealer decides they want 10K over MSRP, then your screwed.
But I have it in writing that it will be no more than MSRP. The question is which MSRP will they try to use (MSRP before increase or MSRP after increase) and how do I make a case for the pre-order MSRP.
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
My car has been built, so in theory I shouldn't have to worry about price increases?
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
I ordered mine on the 1st of april and went to my dealer today and talked with the owner(he is the one that i ordered the car with in the first place) he typed me a letter and signed it guaranteeing my list price of 31,895(1ss w/ a sunroof). Now this is not a small town dealer neither. I live in tampa.

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
For those whoe pre-ordered: You will get the old MSRP price on your Window sticker. Price protection is just that...it protects your price. Thos who ordered after the official pre-ordering ended, you will get the new MSRP. If your dealer agreed to MSRP, you will pay what is on the window.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
It has been stated and confirmed several times if you were part of the early order process the R6P code your price is the price you were given at the time of order. The invoice and sticker will show the price increase but your dealer is supposed to charge you the price you first agreed on and then they will charge the difference back to GM. DO NOT let your dealer charge you the higher price if you have the early order code on your order.
My own dealer has confirmed this is and always has been their normal practice. The price the car was at the time you placed your order is the price you pay no matter what the Sticker says.
If you got your price in writing that is your price..
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I preordered after the pricing came out. I signed paperwork with actual prices...not "MSRP."

The price for the 2SS is listing at $33,430.

My signature is on that price as well as it showing that I put a $1000 deposit on it.

I don't think they can raise my price now. (It should be this way with all R6P coded orders).
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Are you sure that was real? They put that out on April 1st I assumed it was April fools.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
the increase is real.....

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote