Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Haha! I defiantly don't sleep on any more flex's because of yours

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #30
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Exhaust systems are way overpriced, I remember when you could get a cherry bomb or thrush setup for under $100. Then companies like Borla came in with coffee can mufflers for the tuner cars and started jacking the prices up as if theirs were so much better. Tuner people fell for it and the other muffler companies started doing he same thing. Its a rip off what people are paying.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #31
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Exhaust systems are way overpriced, I remember when you could get a cherry bomb or thrush setup for under $100. Then companies like Borla came in with coffee can mufflers for the tuner cars and started jacking the prices up as if theirs were so much better. Tuner people fell for it and the other muffler companies started doing he same thing. Its a rip off what people are paying.
look at the price difference between aluminized steel, 409 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel... remember when your cherry bombs and thrush mufflers used to rot out... I'll agree that some of the price is paying for the name but the raw materials involved are also a large part of the price difference... Also I know there have been some pretty hefty price spikes in stainless steel over the years...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #32
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post

Gas used to be a $1 a gallon and is also a complete ripoff. Do you leave you car parked in the garage and never drive it because of that?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #33
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
look at the price difference between aluminized steel, 409 stainless steel and 304 stainless steel... remember when your cherry bombs and thrush mufflers used to rot out... I'll agree that some of the price is paying for the name but the raw materials involved are also a large part of the price difference... Also I know there have been some pretty hefty price spikes in stainless steel over the years...
True they did rust but I still don't think the new stainless materials justify the big price hikes.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #34
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
Gas used to be a $1 a gallon and is also a complete ripoff. Do you leave you car parked in the garage and never drive it because of that?
Yeh... I guess exhaust systems will go up even higher when OPEC starts supplying our muffler systems too.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #35
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #36
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
lol you know what's overpriced? cat-back systems.

btw, update: i'm ordering the MRT v1 in like 5 days. that way when I come back from my family vacation, the exhaust will come in the same time i get back in town
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #37
shrinkdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
So I figured I buy an exhaust first before headers. I narrowed it down to these two based off sound and price. The best price I could find for the Flowmasters are $399.99 off Amazon and the MRT 1.0 $472.99 of AutoAgenda (if there's better prices, please let me know)

only an $80 difference so which one should I get?
magnaflow