Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
IPF Tuning Black Friday Sale continued to Christmas!

Please PM me for details!

Thanks,

Jesse!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Jesse I sent you a PM and never got a reply, can you recheck your inbox?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Santa, can I have $5700, please?

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
IPF-Tuning

IPF

Sorry, I have never received anything man.

Please resend or you can email me at jesse@kpe-products.com.

Thanks,

Jesse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Jesse I sent you a PM and never got a reply, can you recheck your inbox?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
IPF-Tuning

SANTA PLEASE!

Hey John,

How are you liking your new IPF Power Tune?

Thanks,

Jesse!

P.S. I hope Santa gives you that $5700!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Santa, can I have $5700, please?

John B.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
IPF-Tuning

OK I have something to add (or shall I say subtract from the IPF Tuning Holiday Sale!

PM me for details!

Thanks,

Jesse!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Hey John,

How are you liking your new IPF Power Tune?
I'm liking it a lot. Too bad we didn't do a before and after on your dyno to show what is really happening; I'd like to know myself.

Once Jesse plugged in, it only took a few minutes to install the new programming. I left the shop and went back to work a half hour after I pulled in and the results are gratifying; I can feel better power at all RPM ranges, and I do mean everywhere, even in sixth on the highway where it actually pulls without needing a downshift (not a LOT harder, but again, noticeably). Low-end torque gains are impressive.

I have not taken the car on an extended highway drive, but around town my MPG average is holding in the mid-23's, by the DIC.

I had been running 91 octane, which is the highest commonly available in the Phoenix area, so the tune was set up for that octane. I have not noticed any audible pinging, etc. at any time.

Jesse tells me the redline has been increased to 7200 RPM and the speed limiter on my LS has been removed. I haven't tested either of those claims, but I have run it to the old R.L. of 7K several times and it really wants to go.

I have no dash lights and have had no negative side effects whatsoever. None.

My car had over 11,000 miles on it when I had this done just over a week ago, and I'm over 12K now. Sure, I was hesistant to get this done, but I'm glad I did. On top of the CAI intake and ported throttle body, this just added another layer of excellent. I am happy that I was able to drive the car since late April, when I bought it new, so I could be fairly confident I wouldn't be in the dealer's service bay for warranty work on a regular basis, and as a matter of fact, it hasn't had to go in for anything, ever. I hope to keep it that way. I have no reason to believe things will change.

Next, I guess I'll have to focus on suspension upgrades and maybe some brakes, etc., as I've gone about as far as low-dollar engine mods can take it. Although...I wonder what the Mace cams and the IPF supercharger could do together? Hmmm...

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #22
IPF-Tuning

Thanks John! We appreciate the nice comments! I am happy to hear you are enjoying your added Performance with the IPF Power Tune. Start saving those pennies and we will get you hooked up with FI.

Thanks again,

Jesse!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I'm about to tune my car. I'm very anxious of course but I wanted to get some 0-60 times or actual numbers in for others. But the drag strip tuning is out and there are not many roads near where I live that allow me to legally go 0-60 repeatedly and safely...
So I may have to also just do the butt dyno and maybe once it's safe I'll do a few 0-60 runs so you can see what the car will do with my mods and the tune.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I'm about to tune my car. I'm very anxious of course ....

No worries, it'll be fine.

there are not many roads near where I live that allow me to legally go 0-60 repeatedly and safely...
Freeway entrance ramps?

John B.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Any before/after dyno graphs on an actual 2012 Camaro V6 auto?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Not that I've seen. I haven't recalled seeing one of a manual, either, just a CTS.

John B.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #27
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Ok I just tuned the car and went for a spin. Like the others, I noticed a definite difference from the moment I started it. Also an instant throttle response difference from the moment I touched the pedal (before this would barely move the car forward unless I mashed down.) now it jumps at the start like a V8! And at part throttle this tune really wakes the car up. I have an automatic and it seemed shift okay but it's shifting seemed to skip gears more frequently? (when you were not heavy on the throttle to save fuel maybe) and if you were cruising, it would not have to down shift as often because the car just pulled better. It really seemed like a lighter car. The car seemed a little quicker top end wise but not by much... I did do some 0-60 runs but I messed up on all of the launches due to tire spin so the best I got was a 6.2 (using the torque app which is known to read slower than others.) Overall (after one drive) the car seems to just run better overall. It also sounds slightly different at idle but seems smoother. Best part about this tune so far though is the part throttle response is night and day and low to mid end torque is very noticable now. What a difference!! I cant wait to drive more and test it further.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #28
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Ok I just tuned the car and went for a spin. Like the others, I noticed a definite difference from the moment I started it. Also an instant throttle response difference from the moment I touched the pedal (before this would barely move the car forward unless I mashed down.) now it jumps at the start like a V8! And at part throttle this tune really wakes the car up. I have an automatic and it seemed shift okay but it's shifting seemed to skip gears more frequently? (when you were not heavy on the throttle to save fuel maybe) and if you were cruising, it would not have to down shift as often because the car just pulled better. It really seemed like a lighter car. The car seemed a little quicker top end wise but not by much... I did do some 0-60 runs but I messed up on all of the launches due to tire spin so the best I got was a 6.2 (using the torque app which is known to read slower than others.) Overall (after one drive) the car seems to just run better overall. It also sounds slightly different at idle but seems smoother. Best part about this tune so far though is the part throttle response is night and day and low to mid end torque is very noticable now. What a difference!! I cant wait to drive more and test it further.
I'm in just in Menlo Park, maybe we can get together sometime and compare. I'm running Trifecta, Vmax Ported TB and a Vararam intake.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote