Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #869
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
We just need a Z28 because we need a GT500/SRT Challenger KILLER.

If we don't get it, it's gonna be endless discussions between camaro/mustang owners."I do have more HP" "yeah but my 0-60 is shorter" blah blah

Just make a killer camaro, a car that would beat anything else in the pony car industry. Something no one would argue. Just the best, whatever the price. Take X raited's concept, put 550+hp under the hood, sell it whatever the price, and I'll get it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
SS will run with the SRT-8 as is. The SS will smoke a Challenger R/T and edge out the SRT-8. Chrysler made a big mistake pricing the SRT-8 that high when they knew GM would put an LS3 in a Camaro for less than 35k.

GT500 is a different story. They made 8583 for MY2008, down from the 10844 made for MY2007, and there are examples from both years that are still sitting on dealership floors. Not exactly a competitive market, especially with the state of the economy, lack of financing options from GMAC, GM's precarious financial situation, and the dearth of disposable income in America's pockets right now.
I agree with what I highlighted, unfortunately, in the latter case. One can see how much I'd love to see one, but I'm not very hopeful at this point. BUT, was have a great "base" car and look to be getting a great SS (I only say look because there haven't been rag' testing or reviews yet and the last thing I've seen on it was an engineer saying they thought they needed more work with shift points and such) so I'm not even complaining. I'd rather not see GM in the tank

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #870
jeremy02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
GM: Give us Power

I've been reading a lot around here and I keep seeing stuff like, "we listen to you guys", "you guys are the voice guiding us", "you know what the consumer wants".

Ok, so were telling you exactly what we want. You on board? Listen up. :-)

We want power. Yes, the current(released)plans for the 2010 Camaro are great...but we need more. Everyone is going to be holding out for the Ultimate Monster Kickass Camaro and you're NOT going to see the sales figures you want. For this reason, whatever you have planned as far as a specialty car goes for the Camaro, you need to release it as soon as possible after the initial release.

If you want to know what the consumer wants it's all right here in this thread. LS9 or LSA Z28. Do it. Please. I'll be the first person to place an order, I promise you this.

Keep up the good work, GM, I love you guys.
jeremy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #871
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Do you read the news? What makes you think that GM has any money to make this happen?

Someone kill this thread or merge it with one of the hundreds of Z28 threads on this forum.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but we aren't sure GM will survive to 2011 to release the Volt. There's no reason to invest in a Z28 when the Camaro SS is already a superior machine. I've given dozens of reasons defending GM's decision, and I continue to stand by GM's decision to stay alive rather than build a performance machine that doesn't represent GM's best interests in a time when its very survival is at stake.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #872
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Yes, I want one, but there is no way in hell GM can do this without money.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #873
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I agree with what's been posted totally. They're bleeding money but I think this would be good for the future after they get back on their feet. My vote is obvious from my sig' but I'm affraid this thread may get merged. As much as I like this and am for this topic, there have been other Z28 threads merged. I'll leave it to others to move but it's worked on other things

WELCOME

Chuck

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #874
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Even with the Fed loan, i think it would be pretty irresponsible for them to use it for toward a Hi-Po vehicle...
I would love to see a Z28 or whatever, but cut GM some slack.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #875
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I voted yes, but it's not gonna happen immediatly no matter how much you want it to. Economics aside! When the new mustang came out, did the GT500 come out at the same time, No. When the C6 came out did the Z06 come out at the same time, No. Both models were a year or so down the road after money started coming back in, and allllllllllll the little bugs were worked out of the car. I would hate for GM to find a sore spot in all of their 550 hp Z28's and then be forced to make a massive recall. With that out of the way I really wish GM would just grab some of those LS9's that are sitting around and just stuff it in there and ZL1 badge the beast. It's in two cars now, why not make it 3!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #876
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I agree with many of the sentiments posted here. It would be great to get a Z28, but considering what GM is facing right now it is crazy for them to move in this direction (and frankly for us to ask). Let's get the economic situation worked out and hone the model for a year or two and then think about a Z28. We would all love it, but let's be resonable for now.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #877
jeremy02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
All I know is I will not buy an SS until it's said that there definitely wont be a Z28. Then I may go Corvette...but I love the Camaro and don't want to do that.
jeremy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #878
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
They did this to the vette - called ZR1 and they are starting to pile up on dealers lots and for the first time Corvette Forum members are reporting being sold for under MSRP.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #879
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
^This information is accurate...Sadly
Old 11-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #880
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
I ain't gonna dignify this poll by picking an answer. I think Blur said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Do you read the news? What makes you think that GM has any money to make this happen?

Someone kill this thread or merge it with one of the hundreds of Z28 threads on this forum.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but we aren't sure GM will survive to 2011 to release the Volt. There's no reason to invest in a Z28 when the Camaro SS is already a superior machine. I've given dozens of reasons defending GM's decision, and I continue to stand by GM's decision to stay alive rather than build a performance machine that doesn't represent GM's best interests in a time when its very survival is at stake.
If you also consider this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
I voted yes, but it's not gonna happen immediately no matter how much you want it to. Economics aside! When the new mustang came out, did the GT500 come out at the same time, No. When the C6 came out did the Z06 come out at the same time, No. Both models were a year or so down the road after money started coming back in, and allllllllllll the little bugs were worked out of the car. I would hate for GM to find a sore spot in all of their 550 hp Z28's and then be forced to make a massive recall. With that out of the way I really wish GM would just grab some of those LS9's that are sitting around and just stuff it in there and ZL1 badge the beast. It's in two cars now, why not make it 3!
That said, there's absolutely no need to make a higher-than-SS Camaro right now. If that makes you buy a Corvette instead, more power to ya. It's your money & your choice. As for me, I'll buy a SS and be wonderfully happy!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #881
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Yes, I want Chevy to have a Camaro that will destroy the GT500, and I hope they sell a ton of them if it happens. I will stick to the SS though. 422 horsepower and 35K is planty for me right now.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #882
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Hey dude I have an SS, come check it out. SS What?
I'm glad I don't have retarded friends. If you know what a Z/28 is you'll know what a SS is. Who cares what they call it.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote