Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #211
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Dude I'm with you, old, but its really the new diffuser coming halfway up that kind of turns me the wrong way, I might could forgive the tail lights under the right circumstance
Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #212
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
Oh my god .... This is like the old women in LA that I see with plastic surgery up the wazoo ... Always asking their friends if they are still hot. Give it up there is a new babe in school and you are old news.
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #213
Palutz59
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 1LE soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
this new design will give chevrolet a wake up call...they have ruined the camaro look...they should have done their home work first and asked camaro users...lots of sales are going to be loss and everyone's going to be rushing out to get a 2013 or earlier now.... but maybe thats their plan, who knows....
cheers

GM should have done their homework? They created the 10-13 Camaros yet all of the sudden they stopped researching for the 2014 model. This kind of logic is either A from an idiot B someone that wants to be a troll. Based on your spelling i think i have a clue. Be happy with what you got and thank GM for bringing back an awesome car that many enthusiasts can enjoy. I'm not sure if it's this forum or there are others like it, but I've never seen so many car lovers bashing each other left and right. What's the point of coming to this site when the trolls run loose on a Camaro that isn't even out on the streets yet.
Palutz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #214
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Haha I'm glad I got my 2013!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #215
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
What about the ZL1 and the other Camaro in the background? 2013 or 2014?
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #216
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Newest from Camaro!!!

lol
Sorry but I had a great laugh at this one.... those dam taillights, hugly!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #217
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
New member's opinions.

Hello to all,

For starters "I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CAMARO"!

This is my first post on this site and I've been a lurker since GOD knows when (I visit this site almost daily and I've read a lot of your posts---very candid feedback--much appreciated). I have followed the current Camaro's development since the first prototype hit the scene. I think the Camaro, from 2010-2013, looks awesome but I'm more biased to the SS and ZL1 versions than the V-6's front ends.

I like the refresh (front and rear ends) and here's why. When I compare the current model's front end, now it (not in the past) looks more like a wide-eyed owl and the 2014 looks more like an American Bald Eagle. Both are capable birds of prey and deserve the utmost respect; but the 2014 just got meaner in the front, i.e. the Z/28 (it blew the socks off most of us).

I love the rear end tail lights on the 2010-2013 models, but I also love the tail lights of the 2014. For all intensive purposes; the current iteration brought us all in and I would say primarily (muscle car fans) most of which are Americans, however, we can't forget about the global community who also love our muscle cars as well. This new rear end (to me) brings in our global community more than the current version. Here's why. When you look at the diffusers on foreign cars they look more inline with the new diffuser. Personally, I feel Chevy fabricated a diffuser when they put the dual exhausts option on the current model. This newer rear diffuser flows with the body/design of the car (it is quite comparable to the C7 in design). Is it a little too high in the rear and showing too much under the skirt (opinions will vary)? I think it's showy but if you look at some of the really exotic sports cars you can see more than that and they're very appealing and it makes the cars look meaner. I like the new tail lamps because they keep the car's design looking fresh instead of out-dated/long in the tooth (thanks again Z/28). I like how they've incorporated the brake/rear fog light on the trunk lid (just underneath the spoiler). When you live in a foreign country some of their laws stipulate that you have the ability to have a steady fog light in the rear (current owners have to fabricate something to make this happen). The redesign puts the light at eye level for other drivers to see and gauge distance better. I am wary of the wear of the rear diffuser (discoloration) over time but I'm sure many people will come up with many creative ways to keep them looking good.

Interior: I like the addition of the Recaro seat option to go along with the nice steering wheels in the 1LE and ZL1. I haven't been a big fan of the overall interior's appearance and that's the main reason why I'm not driving one currently. I understand that there are many people who could care less about what a car's interior looks like when the outside looks good and it goes fast. I get it...however, for my $35K-$50K it needs to look like I spent that much; inside and out (Great job Chevy on improving the new Corvette)--Global marketing/thinking.

The areas of the interior I don't enjoy are the radio/infotainment/AC and the dashboard trim pieces (no disrespect to the designers--I just don't like it). I know if one stitch came out of wack on the dashboard trim I'd want to remove the entire dash. I also don't like the huge plastic piece on the door's interior.

I may have to wait until the next Gen to get the interior I want but who knows what the outside will look like at that point. So I have some deciding to do.

I plan on checking out the 2014 1LE when it hits the showroom floors and from there I'm sure I'll be able to make up my mind on whether I really want a Camaro for myself (regardless of my personal opinions on this and that).

Congratulations to all of you who own a Camaro and thanks GM/Chevrolet for building this for us.

I'm hoping I fall in love with it in person because if I do make mine in AGM w/Recaros.

Shout outs to the guy who posted the intial pics and the guy who posted the pics of the 2013/2014 1LEs side-by-side.

PS: My global views stem from my 10 years of active duty service spent outside of the USA; protecting our interests. Thanks to all those who've Served, are Serving, and will Serve one day.

V/r
Kobra_Klutch
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #218
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Z28 Type R vtec yo
Old 05-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #219
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Great pics. I wonder why the ZL1 doesn't get the new front end as well?

Also anyone have an idea why the ZL1 on the car carrier has a red sharkfin on the trunk?
It is the ZL1 front end; unique to the model.

It's a prototype and a convertible; it was put together with what they had available and shark-fins are on the trunk. I saw that too. You notice the rear bumper also? The black and white gives contrast when they photograph it, so you can tell where the lines/breakups are.
Troy
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #220
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
Great pics. I wonder why the ZL1 doesn't get the new front end as well?

Also anyone have an idea why the ZL1 on the car carrier has a red sharkfin on the trunk?

And to add ...no ZL1 badges on the hood. :(
jashobbsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #221
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I like the look of the hood exhauster with the wrap. Otherwise, I'm disappointed in the 2014 1LE. I'm glad I'm not shopping for a car this year.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #222
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
I like the nose, but the more I look at the tail the more I don't care for it. I thought the tail lights would grow on me but it just isn't happening.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #223
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The 1LE and the ZL1 look great, I think the refresh looks...well...fresh! The ZL1 came off much better looking than I anticipated, and the 1LE looks like a mean little Z-28. I see no reason for the previous complaining, they are intimidating and bold, aggressive looking performance machines carrying on the Camaro legacy. Bravo Chevy....well done. Now, bring on the Z-28....in the NYC auto show matte white...<it's not on the palette, but> give us that what we desire....<surprise us>
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #224
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
So to make the car European friendly they put on these ugly taillights and will maybe sell 5000 Overseas but turn they probably will lose my way more than that in sales in the USA