Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Why does my iPod reset every time I start my camaro?

So annoying... Why does my 4th generation ipod Nano reset each time I start my camaro?
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
what exactly what do you mean by it RESETS?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I believe he means it starts from the begining as in the first saw in alphabetical order everytime he restarts his car. I have the same problem on my 5thgen (i think its a 5???).

I read somewhere it has to do with indexing, whatever that means
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
evlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
I believe he means it starts from the begining as in the first saw in alphabetical order everytime he restarts his car. I have the same problem on my 5thgen (i think its a 5???).

I read somewhere it has to do with indexing, whatever that means
Yes, Flyer. That is exactly what happens. Very frustrating. I think mine is a 4th or 5th gen nano. Maybe some others can weigh in because my dealer could not fix it.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Mine will too if I don't turn the stereo off before I get out of the car. Don't know why it does it, but that's how I got around it.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
nhbouncer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White IOM rally
no issues here but I have a much older ipod 30gig video but it starts right back from where it left off when you shut the car off.
nhbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

for all of you......do you have it also set up as random shuffle.....and you have to reset it to shuffle everytime you get in the car? I bet it does.....this is a problem withy all '10's and '11's.....and their is a fix. the best part is its covered under WARRANTEE! that is if your car is still overed. There was a TSB (Technical Service Bullitin) issued (PI0055B) that will address this issue. I have attached the TSB and at the top is the GM P/N that needs to be installed.

The following information was sent to me via:

Scott Settlemire - GM Global Headquarters
Cheryl Pilcher – Camaro Product Manager
Jeff Morris – GM Customer Service.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE

also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Name:  BD-DD PDIM.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  51.7 KB

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
evlar

Wow, SirNuke. Thanks for typing that out. Actually I found that thread and checked the version and it's the same as above. No shuffles are turned on. I've taken it in noting the TSB to my dealer and after 5 hours they called and told me that I don't have a PDIM, and gave the car back. I still have this problem.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlar View Post
Wow, SirNuke. Thanks for typing that out. Actually I found that thread and checked the version and it's the same as above. No shuffles are turned on. I've taken it in noting the TSB to my dealer and after 5 hours they called and told me that I don't have a PDIM, and gave the car back. I still have this problem.
evlar......if what you just typed is correct......what you REALLY need to do is find another dealers service department, because the are IDIOTS.....and I say this because EVERY SINGLE 2SS/RS CAMARO (which is what your profile shows) has the PDIM which is what connects the USB port to the system. SO, if you have a USB port.....you HAVE a PDIM. this means the service department is walking around looking like this.......

Name:  head_up_your_a$$.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  11.2 KB

NOW, before we go to much further.....you never did say.....but are you actually connecting your nano to the system via the USB port, or are you using the AUX mini plug port below it? that does make a difference.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'll check it out and see. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
evlar

Sir Nuke. Indeed that is what the service advisor told me. I thought the same thing you said and told him that doesn't make sense. I demanded to talk to the shop foreman, but he had already left early for the day since it was the start of a holiday weekend. The service advisor simply said that I should try another device.

Needless to say, I was aggrevated and complained via email. I own one of the infamous verts, so I have a few problems going on that I am trying to get fixed. Never thought I'd have to deal with all this on a NEW car. Just stinks.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlar View Post
Sir Nuke. Indeed that is what the service advisor told me. I thought the same thing you said and told him that doesn't make sense. I demanded to talk to the shop foreman, but he had already left early for the day since it was the start of a holiday weekend. The service advisor simply said that I should try another device.

Needless to say, I was aggrevated and complained via email. I own one of the infamous verts, so I have a few problems going on that I am trying to get fixed. Never thought I'd have to deal with all this on a NEW car. Just stinks.
Like I noted in my other post......IF you are connecting through the USB port.....Either go DIRECTLY to the HMFIC of the service department and talk to him.....and only him, telling him exactly what the other guy told you.....OR go to the OWNER of the dealership....tell him/her that their service depoartment doesn't know their cars and tell him why you are taking your business elsewere.....and do so. THATS waht I would do.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #13
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Like I noted in my other post......IF you are connecting through the USB port.....Either go DIRECTLY to the HMFIC of the service department and talk to him.....and only him, telling him exactly what the other guy told you.....OR go to the OWNER of the dealership....tell him/her that their service depoartment doesn't know their cars and tell him why you are taking your business elsewere.....and do so. THATS waht I would do.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
Nasty1970

Drives: 2011 Red 2SS RS Convertible
This is annoying, I'd be curious if the 2013's with the in dash navi do this
[/IMG]

1970 Camaro ,2011 Red Convertible 2SS,2008 Saturn Sky,2012 Jeep Wrangler
Nasty1970 is offline   Reply With Quote