Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
LiveLink 2 Datalog issues

I go to data log my car this comes up. All PID's are marked as you can see on the bottom of the screen but it still says failed any help on this would be great.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
SS King

I thought we had some informative people here
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
I tried to do it also and got lost.... So I gave up....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
First, try to connect the device as per the steps shown when you click "I want to datalog a vehicle".

after a successful connection is made choose your PID. Try simple one first like RPM and MAF frequency.

If you still facing a problem with communication contact SCT support. They have a special firmware update for SCT devices to communicate with Camaro ECU.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
SS King

Yeah those two PID were the only ones I could get to work and they would only work once in a while. Now I'm having a issue even connecting to the vehicle. Thanks thou I guess I'll have to call SCT like you recommended
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
I thought we had some informative people here
There are informative people on this site. If you do a search, that topic has been discussed alot. Not sure if your good at computers though, I see you took a picture of your logs to post them. Unless you didn't have an internet connection and posted pics/thread by phone. Not meaning any disrespect. Until you get the hang of the search function, it generally doesn't return the topic your inquiring about. Anyway, you need to get the lastest firmware from SCT. Only way to do it is to call them. They will remote into your computer, also need your handheld, and do the updates. If you don't have the updates, just give up. I spent days trying to get mine to log. No luck. Thought it was something I was doing, but it wasn't. The Livelink software is fairly user friendly when it functions correctly. Even with the new updates, there are still issues. Good luck.
Edit: Additionally, if you log with 1 or 2 PIDs with the updates, it will still fail.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock

Last edited by Badbubba; 07-15-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: pids
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Call SCT....really buggy software...I ended up sending mine in for a reflash
Old 07-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
SS King

Thanks guys. I'll be calling SCT. No i'm not that computer literate either but I did try doing a search and found others with the same issue but no post on a fix of the issues.

Thanks again
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Seems as though you did everything correct, being that you got as far as you did with the Livelink software. After you get the updates, follow the steps that Livelink displays (just like you did) and you should be able to get some logs. If your laptop was "too slow", it wouldn't allow you to communicate and you would have never been able to get to the validate PIDs screen. I started with 1.2.137.03 firmware, I'm upto 1.2.137.11 As of last week, that is the lastest update. But it has been released for awhile.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 07-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
You could try exporting a dlf file to the SCT with the pids you need then trying to data log without the computer...

That was going to be my next step but they bricked my SCT when they were trying to update it and I had to send it in...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRiderSS View Post
You could try exporting a dlf file to the SCT with the pids you need then trying to data log without the computer...

That was going to be my next step but they bricked my SCT when they were trying to update it and I had to send it in...
Oh no.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
SS King

All right after 2hrs on the phone with SCT i can finely start data logging.

Thanks for your info guys
Old 07-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
All right after 2hrs on the phone with SCT i can finely start data logging.

Thanks for your info guys
let me know if it works I will have to do the same thing...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
SS King

Yep just got done and everything logged very smooth. The software is very straight forward and easy to use (Livelink2). I guess us Camaro guys just need some special updated firmware update in order for us to log our cars.

MARINE1991-Just shoot SCT a call they will take care of ya. Don't bother with the online support just call them.