Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
The Beast ZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
ZL1 Convertible Exhaust

Does anyone know of a catback system that is compatable for a 2013 convertible ZL1. So far most companies (Borla,Corsa) only make a system for a coupe and will not fit a convertible. Got it that the frame configuration is different but does anyone know of an aftermarket catback.
The Beast ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast ZL1 View Post
Does anyone know of a catback system that is compatable for a 2013 convertible ZL1. So far most companies (Borla,Corsa) only make a system for a coupe and will not fit a convertible. Got it that the frame configuration is different but does anyone know of an aftermarket catback.
To me the stock exhaust is perfect.
I very nice growl at idle and when you put the loud pedal down yet relatively quiet when cruising the xway.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast ZL1 View Post
if you do not want headers then, best bet is to call around. If at worst you could always have a pipe shop bend and cut the borla to fit.

Not many ZL1 owners have gone with a cat back. The reason is the stock performs quite well. If your looking for the sound and performance go with the Headers and cats. This will give you both. I went for headers as this was the better money spent and love the sound.
Name:  IMG_0987.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  92.8 KB
Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #4
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
BILLY BOAT works i think from what i read,and a member has them on their vert...
you can purchase a aftermarket cross member to replace the factory brace that is even better..Also I think the factory Z28 exhaust is larger by 1/4 inch over the ZL1 if you wanted to go that way..it might work when it comes out..