Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #715
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Dude, not cool. Show some respect man...he's been waiting for a long time for this car. Besides, we're supposed to be sort of a family on this forum and disrespecting one member is like disrespecting all of the members.
Does he have reasons to be upset? Yes. Does he have reasons to use this forum to make legal threats against a company that doesn't own this forum in any way? Absolutely not. I'm tired of seeing rants against a 3rd party.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #716
Dan2510

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Does he have reasons to be upset? Yes. Does he have reasons to use this forum to make legal threats against a company that doesn't own this forum in any way? Absolutely not. I'm tired of seeing rants against a 3rd party.

Poof...are you gone yet?
Dan2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #717
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
This is here for one reason only- there are GM higher up's that read this forum. If you can tell me a better way of directly getting a hold of them, I'm all ears.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #718
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
If my car doesn't show up in one week, I am getting the local media involved in finding out why it isn't here. Actually, I should say proving to everyone ALL THE UNDERLYING REASONS why it isn't here. I may be "one little guy" but I'm armed with a lot of information. Want to see how much media sympathy I get from still not having a car that was built 50 days ago? Wait until they dig into all your little secrets of why these cars are delayed. I hope your image can handle the shitstorm of bad press against your newest release that I would bring. Oh, yes, you better bet that the fact that hundreds, if not thousands, of pre-orders that are being screwed over will come to light too. Maybe you don't see it that way but I'm quite sure the general public will and that's what really counts. Sorry, I already tried any and every "nice guy" route I possibly could and there is no excuse that tomorrow is 3 weeks since my car got to Pontiac, MI from Oshawa and it still isn't on it's way here. I can PROVE some cars are being turned around there in 2 days. I don't want to hear the latest excuse as to why that is either.

Don't believe me? Try me.

Local affiliates:

NBC:
http://www.wgrz.com/company/contact/...e/default.aspx

CBS:
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/consume...ail_submission

ABC:
http://www.wkbw.com/about/contact
you need to relax...contact your local CVS and order some chill pills.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #719
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #720
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
i am just going sit back and eat some not say anything

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #721
99 Z28er

Drives: 99 Z28 Hardtop, 08 Sierra SLT
99 Z28er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #722
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
The answer to all of your questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Because yours is an early car.

We are retrofitting the early cars.

Would you rather that we ship the car to your dealer with things that we don't think are acceptable?

Reflashes, for example, do not take 5 minutes. Done properly, they take a substantial amount of time.

We ARE motivated to get them out as quick as possible...we don't want upset customers -- and we don't want to tie up money by parking cars in a lot somewhere and just letting them sit.

I'm sorry you're upset......we're turning them around as fast as we can.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #723
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

trm here's your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Because yours is an early car.

We are retrofitting the early cars.

Would you rather that we ship the car to your dealer with things that we don't think are acceptable?

Reflashes, for example, do not take 5 minutes. Done properly, they take a substantial amount of time.

We ARE motivated to get them out as quick as possible...we don't want upset customers -- and we don't want to tie up money by parking cars in a lot somewhere and just letting them sit.

I'm sorry you're upset......we're turning them around as fast as we can.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #724
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
For all of you that are claiming that the OP is being overly upset, do any of you have Camaro's on order or did you come to this thread to hijack it and complain about someone complaining?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #725
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
then go protest at your dealer. This is where the problem started and continues to go on. No matter how much you want "Big Brother" to straighten this mess out, they won't. Your order, like mine is where it is, plain and simple, because that is where your dealer put it. So post there names, stand on their sidewalks with a sign, go into their general managers office and get loud or pull your order. It is up to each of us to do what we think is necessary to feel vindicated. Personally I don't think any of that will amount to a hill of beans because there is still a long line right behind you waiting for these cars.

Old story: "once I attempted to wrestle with a pig. After a while I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere and the pig liked it".

Just understand: It starts and stops at the dealer.
I would suggest that you make sure your Camaro is at 3000 before you do any of that protesting in front of your dealer. Just an accidental click and your R6P order can disappear by mistake.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #726
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
trm here's your answer.
Old news my friend. I got that answer before the car even shipped to Pontiac. They build the whole car in 4 days. Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me it takes 3 weeks to "fix" one (after it sat in Oshawa for a month)?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #727
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Old news my friend. I got that answer before the car even shipped to Pontiac. They build the whole car in 4 days. Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me it takes 3 weeks to "fix" one (after it sat in Oshawa for a month)?
What I'm guessing is that your car was ready to be shipped when the problems began to happen. At that point it was called back from shipping and taken to be fixed.
Like fbod said it doen't take 5 minutes to fix. Do you want an issue free car or do you want your car now?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #728
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Trent, I dont think I would have lasted 51 days before blowing up. I honestly dont think I would have made it past the first delivered vehicle. I doubt that this has any effect on getting your car any faster but at the very least I am sure it has let some of the steam off. Perhaps they should have offered you the choice to wait it out since its number 74 or to put a new one into production right away.....at least it would have been your choice then. Nol300 dropped out today and bought an infinity......Another case of the lack of communication resulting in a Camaro lover reaching a boilover point. I just want you to know that myself and many others are here for you when ever you need us. Hopefully, your letter will result in some honest and direct information and layout some realistic options for you. I have learned that a positive can come from a problem. Its all how the problem is addressed and handled. Ok GM the ball is definately in your court. Are you going to hit it or are you going to watch it fly by?
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote