Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #43
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Fat girls try harder.
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #44
BRUKSHOT

Drives: 2014 Yellow Camaro 2SS RS M6
Fat girls need lovin too!!!
BRUKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #45
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
She's a little chunky, but she's got a great personality!
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #46
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
In my personal experience big girls give the best of rides - keeping that in mind I would still love her!!!
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextop30 View Post
In my personal experience big girls give the best of rides - keeping that in mind I would still love her!!!
Very true. Big girls tend to give the finest of performances everytime, because fat girls know there may not be a second time to shine.

Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
Put down the sandwich more often and you can shave about 15lbs right there….ha ha
haha, I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I test drove a 2014 Mustang GT. Wasn't impressed. Only thing I did like was the ride was softer and not as bumpy. There's lots you can do to shave weight but unless you plan to race it, why? Add a CAI, tune and PTB, problem solved.
I rented a '14 GT vert when I took a trip to Utah a few months ago. I wanted to to a whole write up and put it through it's paces in an empty K-Mart parking lot at 6:30 am. hahaha

It's been 4 years since my 5th Gen was stock so it was hard to remember. Obviously it did not come close to the handling and acceleration of my car as I have a complete suspension upgrade FE4 and Supercars Pedders with all the bushings. But I wanted to check the Stang out. ONLY two things that I liked was the auto up on the windows and it seemed to accelerate a little better than I recall from a stock '10 5th Gen. Of course I had the original 'Slow L99' spark timing problem and my memory is more of that.

The rest was relatively unimpressive on the '14GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeGirl View Post
You guys are great. I appreciate the ones that gave me shit for this being my first post and yes it is. However, I am not new to forums. I am glad that you cleared up a misconception.. It is the corvette that is about 600 pounds lighter. The sTang is only 300 pounds lighter. However dont make light of that.. 300 pounds is also alot. That is 10% of the total cars weight just about. I knew this post would get a lot of your panties in a bunch. I have been reading this forum before I bought this car about 6 months ago. I do love it. I love it so much I actually thank the formless substance in my own way every time I get in it for bringing it to me. (footnote: The science of Getting rich by Waddles 1910 ) Now that I own this car I find that I never play race car games anymore on the Xbox. Why would I when I have the real thing sitting outside. My car is a manual with a hurst short throw shift kit, borlan exahst and new K and N air intake. I will put up some pics later when I can get them off my phone. I appreciate the comments about replacing suspension parts to shave weight I will work on that. the car really is awesome and the Mustang feels alot like a horse and buggy due to the rear live axle. The seats are not as good. The Camaro is simply an amazing machine and you guys rock!

One of the best tips I got here that I want to share is to simply paste the traction control button down with like duck tape.. That way every time you get in the car all that girly shit is disabled. I dont need that stuff. IN the rain I simply just drive slow. If you dont you are just a dope.
Agreed but in the rain it's not just driving slow, sometimes you need those nannies when other cars are being stupid and you have to avoid them. I was once like you, keep them off and drive slow in the rain but when you need to make a maneuver that requires those nannies you might be sorry you had them off. Because even in the rain 55 mph is slow on an interstate that is posted 70 mph and then some jackass cuts you off doing 35 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Uh. How is the 2010 different from a 2013? They are exactly the same except for a screen or 2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
As you have heard they are in fact a bit different.

Longer sway bars in the rear that go further out on the LCA is NOT an over rated difference. haha, I swapped immediately when Pedders came out with that bar. Had to swap LCAs too but is totally worth it on that part alone.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #49
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
I am thinking about getting a mustang just so I can shave 600 pounds off of what I am driving, get better gas milage, and slip the rear out on some more occasions, save on tires and who knows what else. When compared to a mustang or corvette driving the camaro is like having a jetski on a trailer hooked to your car every time you take off. That is what one of those things weigh.. The jetski weighs about 500 pounds right? I love the car. It is a marvel of human achievement but that Ass..

Make me feel better. Why should I not care about this fattie and love her even though she is a big girl?
No need to convince. You want a Mustang have at it and be happy!! I'm sure the big hipped gal will forgive you.

Fuel mileage put in perspective: Say you get 18mpg and a Mustang gets 25mpg (yea right) you'll save 155 gallons per 10k miles. At $4/gal you'd save $620 for every 10k miles you drive, is that a huge savings worth a trade of vehicles? Could totally understand if you drove 35k/year like I do (not in the Camaro) but most folks don't use these cars as long distance daily commuters.

Tire wear: Ditch the summer skins and buy all season tires. Better wear and less $$. OR pickup low mileage OEM take offs from the many ads that are here on the board.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #50
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
If you're having trouble whipping the rear end around on your Camaro, you're doing it wrong. If fuel mileage is an issue, don't buy a V8 muscle car. lol
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #51
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
idk what all the bitching about weight is about. Theres only 200lbs differance in weight. gas weighs about 6lbs a gallon, driver, junk in the trunk, head wind...c'mon
http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roada...acc2eca750.pdf
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #52
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If you're having trouble whipping the rear end around on your Camaro, you're doing it wrong. If fuel mileage is an issue, don't buy a V8 muscle car. lol
Beat me to it.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Get a 1LE it will out handle the stang
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #54
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
You guys are great. I appreciate the ones that gave me shit for this being my first post and yes it is. However, I am not new to forums. I am glad that you cleared up a misconception.. It is the corvette that is about 600 pounds lighter. The sTang is only 300 pounds lighter. However dont make light of that.. 300 pounds is also alot. That is 10% of the total cars weight just about. I knew this post would get a lot of your panties in a bunch. I have been reading this forum before I bought this car about 6 months ago. I do love it. I love it so much I actually thank the formless substance in my own way every time I get in it for bringing it to me. (footnote: The science of Getting rich by Waddles 1910 ) Now that I own this car I find that I never play race car games anymore on the Xbox. Why would I when I have the real thing sitting outside. My car is a manual with a hurst short throw shift kit, borlan exahst and new K and N air intake. I will put up some pics later when I can get them off my phone. I appreciate the comments about replacing suspension parts to shave weight I will work on that. the car really is awesome and the Mustang feels alot like a horse and buggy due to the rear live axle. The seats are not as good. The Camaro is simply an amazing machine and you guys rock!

One of the best tips I got here that I want to share is to simply paste the traction control button down with like duck tape.. That way every time you get in the car all that girly shit is disabled. I dont need that stuff. IN the rain I simply just drive slow. If you dont you are just a dope.
A lot of great suggestions. Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side. Both vehicles have their issues. Some can be remedied by the owner, some not. You'll have to decide which ones you're willing to live with depending on the car you choose. You could also rent a mustang like someone mentioned they did to try it out or even test drive one. I'm sure the dealer would love to try to convince you that mustang is the way to go. I've never driven the mustang and don't care to. I'm happy with my Camaro. I do like some styling touches on the mustang but still overall LOVE the Camaro's style. I don't think the mustang compares to the Camaro's looks and I use to love the designs of the mustang minus last gen.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #55
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
some of the issues that can't be fixed by the owner, you will most likely get use to. you find ways of dealing with it or not even notice as you bond more with your car.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #56
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T