Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #9031
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..thanks guys...I am so glad, and fortunate, to be able to have it. LB, take a nice pic for us of yours.......I'm still all giddy and eyes glazed over from yesterday. It really is a job well done Chevy.
Ok Tom.. Heres a link to my posted pics! Hope you like! You gotta come lakin sometime wit da misses down south here - where you get that southern hospitality!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=330
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #9032
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Tom,

Couldn't happen to a finer Camaro.

I'm ecstatic with Ya.

Thank you Schley, I appreciate your kind words...now, we gotta get you canyon carvin' pretty soon there partner! I'm hope your ride gets there soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
Congratulations on your new Z OSC.

Enjoy and be safe.
Thank you sir, I couldn't hold out any longer and when I saw this car it told me to buy it I swear...I can't wait to have my son check the manual out and drive it with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Nicely done!
Thanks...mid life crisis number two...maybe my last, dare I say that except for the Z coming at some point?. I commented on that before and Joe laughed and said I would be the first person trading the ZL1 in for a Z28 and getting a check back from the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Ok Tom.. Heres a link to my posted pics! Hope you like! You gotta come lakin sometime wit da misses down south here - where you get that southern hospitality!

Awesome LB....take it easy, but drive it and love it like theres no tomorrow! I look forward to the possibilty of us tooling down the highway together someday in the neck of your woods.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #9033
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
My Friday meeting unexpectedly changed locations. I had a phenomenal afternoon. I mean absoxxxxxxxlutely phenomenal. My whole week was that way. Too bad I can't tell anyone about it. This is a conversation with my most trusted Shno's house friends after some of it is made public public

On a different subject... Shno, you are going to LOVE that infotainment system
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #9034
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My Friday meeting unexpectedly changed locations. I had a phenomenal afternoon. I mean absoxxxxxxxlutely phenomenal. My whole week was that way. Too bad I can't tell anyone about it. This is a conversation with my most trusted Shno's house friends after some of it is made public public

Interesting. I hope its news of the LS7 Z28-Z/28. That way you guys can live the dream and dealers will not be able to mark up 1LEs (Damn ADM).
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #9035
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

Wow!!

I didn't think I'd like the polished wheels, but on a silver car that looks elegant and sinister at the same time.............if that make sense.

Boooootiful car.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #9036
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

Wow! Looks real good! And a nice location for pics.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #9037
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

You are killing me JP....

I would love to know what you know but I get it..... Damn secret squirrel's!

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #9038
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Now that we have a couple of dyno runs and 1/4-mile runs on "fresh" ZL1s, some "things" come to mind...

1) NOT (properly) broken in, therefore NOT "ultimate" readings/times, "as delivered".

2) Tuner shops who start with "green" set-ups can THEN announce wonderful improvements predicated by "tunes" (and, not so coincidentally, more break-in mileage)...which enhances "their unique results/abilities".

Seems some of these initial performances would improve, anyway... Something for our ZL1 friends to consider BEFORE shelling out BIG Buck$ in search of a "hotter" result...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 04-14-2012 at 11:42 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #9039
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Now that we have a couple of dyno runs and 1/4-mile runs on "fresh" ZL1s, some "things" come to mind...

1) NOT (properly) broken in, therefore NOT "ultimate" readings/times

2) Tuner shops who start with "green" set-ups can THEN announce wonderful improvements predicated by "tunes" (and, not so coincidentally, more break-in mileage)...which enhances "their unique results/abilities".

Seems some of these initial performances would improve, anyway... Something for our ZL1 friends to consider BEFORE shelling out BIG Buck$ in search of a "hotter" result...
I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on the ZL1 1/4 mile times and the odd dyno chart. Something does not seem quite right to me......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #9040
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Pete, that looks like we'd be enjoying some Chicago-style deep-dish zzzzaaa, here in the HouZe, were we "conferencing" as per animation... YUM!

Number 3, can you FEDEX us some?!

Glad to hear things are "happening"...results in due course, no doubt!

How's the SUPER-Sonic coming along?

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 04-14-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #9041
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on the ZL1 1/4 mile times and the odd dyno chart. Something does not seem quite right to me......
"Green" cars = "soft" results. There's just sooooo many variables: ambient temp, heat soak, PTM selection, strip prep, Mustang vs. DynoJet etc. etc... The only commonality is the State of Texas locations...

As I mentioned, "consider the sources"...and the timing = new/fresh. Cars with 2,000 miles will probably bring improved results all by themselves. Magazine road-test cars, you can be sure, will be well-prepared and broken in.

My .02...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 04-14-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #9042
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I expected hennessey would get a slow time. His doctoring of times/power increases is well known when it comes to vipers. So why would it be any different this time?

could their be a tune on the car that is just for the first 1500 miles? Because it says don't go over 4k rpms and at the 4500 rpm mark there's a decrease in power. Sorta like after the computer reads the car has been 1500 miles it by passes that tune and goes straight into the stock tune?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #9043
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Without "direct" reference to anyone (don't mean to call anyone "out"), a 465 rwhp reading on a pessimistic dyno with only a few miles on the engine can easily become 525 rwhp on an optimistic dyno after 2,000 miles and a "magic tune"...

WOW! Our tune gets you 60 rwhp GUARANTEED! Add a pulley and get a gazillion more!!!

Oh, really?! Apparently, I should change my name to Doubting Thomas...
Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #9044
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Wow!!

I didn't think I'd like the polished wheels, but on a silver car that looks elegant and sinister at the same time.............if that make sense.

Boooootiful car.
I think the polished 5-spokes would look KILLER on a dark-colored ZL1 with an UltraSilver Hood/Roof/Trunk stripe...or a WHITE one, ala "Chroma"...

Maybe we'll see one by SEMA-time...

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014