Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
justin2fast4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
aggravated

so i have had my camaro a little over a week now and i hate parking in the parking lot at work because of shopping carts....well i found the best spots that are far away and no chance of a buggy getting near it....i have a long walk but ill take the walk to save my car from getting hit

well today someone put a drink can on top of my hood, one of my coworkers came and told me he saw it and i ran outside to get it off
this spot is so far from any cars that someone had to go out of their way to even get to my camaro

well then when i got off work another coworker told me that a shopping cart was laying right against my car, litteraly touching it
luckily i dont see any scratches or anything but im pissed off because someone had to do it intentionally because its a parking spot to itself with a curb on both sides, no other spots near it

im really aggravated because im parking far away to avoid these problems

someone at work told me to start parking closer to the building so the parking lot video cameras can see it but i know being closer is just more risk of getting hit by runaway buggys

anyone else have a problem like this? any suggestions?
justin2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Park closer, it is believed that there is less risks, because it almost seems as if people don't try to do stupid stuff when you treat it like other cars.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
Buy a bubble for your Camaro that's what I did.
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Park closer, it is believed that there is less risks, because it almost seems as if people don't try to do stupid stuff when you treat it like other cars.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Leave the lady at home for the weekends only and get a vespa to go to work , joking aside that's what happen to all of us
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Get a cheap work car
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol... yeah, just park normally. It's bound to happen lol.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
Deemos

Drives: 2010 CGM M6 LS
you're getting all this attention because your camaro is isolated and by itself. Gets noticed much easier that way and the jealous jerks out there will flock to a nice new car by itself in a parking lot like moths to a flame. Reason why a lot of cops use a similar setup for their bait cars. A nice car by itself seems to hook the criminally stupid like fishing with dynamite. Park closer and in range of those cameras at work so you can at least get video of the perp when it does go down.
Deemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #9
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
Also try to park close to the buggy stalls. Maybe not right next to it but close. People leave their buggies when the stall is too far away or inconveniences them to return it. If you're near the stall chances are people near you will return the buggy where it belongs rather than just leaving it somewhere.

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #10
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
I always park far away like you do to protect my car and on one quick run into the supermarket I decided to park in a "normal spot"...well guess what...it was the first and last time if I can help it because I now have a dime-nickel sized door ding on the passenger side just behind the door on the rear panel. I know it's just a car but when it happened I felt its pain like Yoda felt with the Deathstar's first planetary attack .:fighting0040:
Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #11
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhmblbe View Post
I always park far away like you do to protect my car and on one quick run into the supermarket I decided to park in a "normal spot"...well guess what...it was the first and last time if I can help it because I now have a dime-nickel sized door ding on the passenger side just behind the door on the rear panel. I know it's just a car but when it happened I felt its pain like Yoda felt with the Deathstar's first planetary attack .:fighting0040:
Was it a ding like mine?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1275856849

Have you tried to get it out? I was able to do two successful pulls at this one with my pops a dent dent puller I got from walmart. Then I pressed at it from that panel, and get it down to something really only noticable if you know where to look at.

I just try to avoid parking next to mini vans and SUV's. You know the type of vehicle that says "I have children"
Old 06-20-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Sure your co-workers aren't screwing with you?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #13
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Sure your co-workers aren't screwing with you?
Yeah, it seems there is never any damage.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
Roddd 1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Your co-workers are definitely having fun at your expense. Isn't it obvious by the way they always come and get you? The next co-worker that runs over to "tell you" I want you to junk-punch him cuz he's no doubt, the guilty party.
Roddd 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote