Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
James that is awesome news!!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #30
Ironmancan
Bite my shiny metal ass

Drives: Pontiac GTO
This is an interesting thread. I had the Street slayer carbon carbon twin but I over powered it and it started to slip. 2006 GTO twin turbo a 830whp/810wtq with 3.07 gears and 14lbs of boost. Car is headed to the mile next year where I'll be turning up the boost closer if not a tad over the 1k hp/tq mark.

While doing my homework on a good triple I contacted Monster to see what they had to offer their triple is rated for 12/1500whp but I got the distinct impression I was going to be the guinea pig and I'm not into that kind of thing. The only good reviews ive read about their twin is from guys pushing about 450whp. I'm pretty sure any twin will hold that power.

After all was said and done I got the street slayer carbon carbon triple and I couldn't be happier. My wife still enjoys driving the car in Tampa traffic, very street friendly piece. When I pulled the carbon carbon twin it looked as good as when I put it in. It's now in a 640hp vette running around tearing up the pavement without issue and Helped me recoup a couple of bucks.

I'm a noob here and I'm not in a Camaro I'm mainly here looking at a replacement transmission for my T56 Ive heard some good and not so good things about your transmissions and how they perform once built so ill get back to doing my research and reading your tranny threads

Rick
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #31
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Awesome input from someone with a GTO! Glad to hear they're badass for those as well. I bet the triple is ridiculous! Does the Triple engage like the twin?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
Ironmancan
Bite my shiny metal ass

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Awesome input from someone with a GTO! Glad to hear they're badass for those as well. I bet the triple is ridiculous! Does the Triple engage like the twin?
Street manners are the same. Very easy clutch to drive easy or hard. Ill post up a few pics without doing a thread hijack I've gone thru alot of clutches trying to get the right one. This is a street car so I didn't want an on and off switch. I wanted something that could handle the power and be driven on the street without issue. This really is a great piece and after spending a few k on clutches this is well worth the price IMOP. Now I can worry about other things and not my clutch.

Last edited by Ironmancan; 06-16-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #33
RRTX-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
holy crap...... man im glad you started this thread last friday my twin centerforce showed its end is near. it started slipping and although its been a great clutch i know there better out there and i was almost to the point of buying the monster triple disc, but im feeling a little hesitant bout the monster products now.....
416 CI M6-LS3 Kenne Bell 3.6, Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Kit w/KB BAP, Futral Motorsports Blower Cam, SW 2"Headers, Zl1 Dual Mode Exhaust, Street Slayer Billet Twin-Disc Clutch,PFADT lowering springs and sway bars, Iforged Classic Wheels, AI Meth Injection, rx dual checkvalve catchcan, Innovators West 8-Rib pulley setup....690RWHP/701RWTQ @ 10 PSI-CALIBRATED BY KARGER @ SNL PERFORMANCE

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6
383 Fully Forged shortblock
Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTX-SS View Post
holy crap...... man im glad you started this thread last friday my twin centerforce showed its end is near. it started slipping and although its been a great clutch i know there better out there and i was almost to the point of buying the monster triple disc, but im feeling a little hesitant bout the monster products now.....
With the Street Slayer when it finally goes,with its surface area it will last a LONG LONG time,but it can be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new clutch...If I can help you out give me a call anytime.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Quote:
Glad you're hesitating! May be the best decision you've made yet. Street slayer for the win!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #36
RRTX-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
so street slayer it will be for me as well
416 CI M6-LS3 Kenne Bell 3.6, Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Kit w/KB BAP, Futral Motorsports Blower Cam, SW 2"Headers, Zl1 Dual Mode Exhaust, Street Slayer Billet Twin-Disc Clutch,PFADT lowering springs and sway bars, Iforged Classic Wheels, AI Meth Injection, rx dual checkvalve catchcan, Innovators West 8-Rib pulley setup....690RWHP/701RWTQ @ 10 PSI-CALIBRATED BY KARGER @ SNL PERFORMANCE

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6
383 Fully Forged shortblock
Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #37
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmancan View Post
This is an interesting thread. I had the Street slayer carbon carbon twin but I over powered it and it started to slip. 2006 GTO twin turbo a 830whp/810wtq with 3.07 gears and 14lbs of boost. Car is headed to the mile next year where I'll be turning up the boost closer if not a tad over the 1k hp/tq mark.

While doing my homework on a good triple I contacted Monster to see what they had to offer their triple is rated for 12/1500whp but I got the distinct impression I was going to be the guinea pig and I'm not into that kind of thing. The only good reviews ive read about their twin is from guys pushing about 450whp. I'm pretty sure any twin will hold that power.

After all was said and done I got the street slayer carbon carbon triple and I couldn't be happier. My wife still enjoys driving the car in Tampa traffic, very street friendly piece. When I pulled the carbon carbon twin it looked as good as when I put it in. It's now in a 640hp vette running around tearing up the pavement without issue and Helped me recoup a couple of bucks.

I'm a noob here and I'm not in a Camaro I'm mainly here looking at a replacement transmission for my T56 Ive heard some good and not so good things about your transmissions and how they perform once built so ill get back to doing my research and reading your tranny threads

Rick
Rick, nice write up... I also run the triple... I have a suggestion for a trans builder if you want... My trans is all billet, shafts and gears, triple cone synchros, bronze followers, etc... With my clutch and trans, shifts and breakage are pretty much gone for me...

What Mile event are you going to run... I run the Texas Mile... If that's where you're headed, look me up... Love to see the GTO...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 06-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Quote:
so street slayer it will be for me as well
Tell Thomas The 2010 Sin AKA Zach sent you!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #39
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
We always stand behind our product and have many satisfied customers besides in just the GTO community. We've had quite a bit of clutches easily exceed 60k miles with hard abuse and daily driving. Some guys have issues, that doesn't make us a bad company - it makes us human. It's how we stand behind our product that makes us different and if you've had issues you should be able to say we've done (or did) all we can (could) to make you happy - within reason of course. Obviously I can't be on every phone call and employees will do and say things that they flat just shouldn't, so, if you get a response from us that sounds like it just isn't right chances are it's not. I always encourage anyone that has any issues, comments, concerns, or even ideas to contact me directly - especially if you're having an issue with our units.

There are a group of roughly 15 or so guys on this site that are very vocal about the bad luck they had with Monsters out of the hundreds sold to Gen 5 customers and they have every right to have and voice their opinions - however - that does NOT mean that issues are the norm for our units. If issues were the norm for our clutches we simply wouldn't be in business. To say that all companies are error/issue free is just plain dumb, I don't care who we're referring to in the clutch industry - we've all have issues in one way or another.

OP - I understand your frustration with our clutch as you've been posting about it since last year and I sincerely wished we could have helped to resolve the issue. Every aftermarket clutch uses some kind of modification to their units to work with whatever vehicle they are attempting to install it in - this isn't rocket science. It does make for a great marketing tool to say we've built these for these cars specifically, but, that doesn't make it true. I've also seen numerous clutch companies use modified slaves or slaves off of other quite random vehicles (Ford Rangers) to adapt their units to work with the 5th Gen Camaros - this clearly shows it's not "designed specifically for your Camaro". At this point all I can do is apologize and I have no issues doing that publicly.

As always if anyone has any questions or concerns, we are here to help. Whether it be one of our clutches or not that is what we're here for.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Street Slayer twin carbon was the best mod dollar for dollar I ever did to my car.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #41
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

when your staff tells me I need to learn how to drive a standard isn't the answer. I own two customer service based businesses and I can say that with those types of "cancers" that you employ and call staff is going to negatively affect how one responds toward your brand. I've never been a more satisfied customer with Thomas at HE. Not one time have I ever been talked down to or belittled by him or his staff. I'm sure you do have happy customers and you probably have customers that don't know an avenue to speak out or the balls. I am speaking out because I spent over $1500-$2000 for something that squealed and shuddered and ended up completely losing the faces on the float plate. If a customer told me in one of my restaurants that one of my staff told them to if they aren't happy with their dish then they need to learn how to eat. I'd fire them on the spot. Your clutch was not streetable nor did it have any kind of manners. Loud rude and a shudderbug. Sorry Steve you lost me after I was told I was a rookie driver in other words. This is my ninth performance car with a manual transmission. It now drives and feels like it should. Your clutch made me hate my car so bad I contemplated selling it because of the hassle of it having to go round and round at the shop. Thanks for the apology but its beyond repair and I now have a car that I'm willing to drive.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
when your staff tells me I need to learn how to drive a standard isn't the answer. I own two customer service based businesses and I can say that with those types of "cancers" that you employ and call staff is going to negatively affect how one responds toward your brand. I've never been a more satisfied customer with Thomas at HE. Not one time have I ever been talked down to or belittled by him or his staff. I'm sure you do have happy customers and you probably have customers that don't know an avenue to speak out or the balls. I am speaking out because I spent over $1500-$2000 for something that squealed and shuddered and ended up completely losing the faces on the float plate. If a customer told me in one of my restaurants that one of my staff told them to if they aren't happy with their dish then they need to learn how to eat. I'd fire them on the spot. Your clutch was not streetable nor did it have any kind of manners. Loud rude and a shudderbug. Sorry Steve you lost me after I was told I was a rookie driver in other words. This is my ninth performance car with a manual transmission. It now drives and feels like it should. Your clutch made me hate my car so bad I contemplated selling it because of the hassle of it having to go round and round at the shop. Thanks for the apology but its beyond repair and I now have a car that I'm willing to drive.
That I can understand completely - if someone told me I didn't know how to drive a manual trans car I'd be inclined to give them a piece of my mind, and, having spent the ~$700 for the clutch, I would have demanded to talk to the manager/owner. I can assure you I wouldn't tell you to learn how to drive a manual unless something was incredibly blatant and even then it wouldn't happen. Now, if you're one of my friends and we were taking stabs at each other that would be one thing, but, it's not something I do nor do I train my staff to do.

I do have thousands of happy customers, hundreds of those are in the Camaro5 community. There are hundreds and hundreds of posts praising our clutches, from Fbody's to C6 cars and everything - 5th Gen Camaros included - in between. This is the information age and to say people do not have an avenue to complain, or to say people don't have the balls, is a bit absurd.

As far as you saying the clutch lost it's faces on the float plate, that doesn't make any sense to me. You had a single disc, there isn't a floater... maybe you're referring to the disc. Regardless, there was obviously an issue with the clutch and the fact that my guys completely disregarded this and blamed you for everything does nothing but piss me off. At this point, there isn't anything I can do for you but continue to apologize. I'm glad the RPS in your car is doing the job, they're nice pieces for sure.

Closed Thread