Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
BryGo
Moving up in the world...

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2010 Camaro
Dealer concerns...

While it is comforting to know my dealer is still in business and has been since 1941, I am now worried (panicking) that their future is uncertain, or that, like other dealers, they're idiots.

1. The first customer ordered car was (according to them) returned to GM Canada from Michigan due to quality issues.

2. The second customer ordered car (for the dealers son) they got a VIN, and then it disappeared.

3. The third car (the dealer V6) arrived last week and sold at MSRP in a few hours.

4. When I ask about the allocation, they can't (or won't) tell me anything.

5. When I ask about my order code status (1100 still?) They say "we don't know." When I ask about what it shows in GlobalConnect, I get the same response.

6. When I called the 1-800-useless number, I opened a case, they called the dealer, and called me with the same answer, "we don't know, but we'd like to keep this case open for A FEW WEEKS to find out."

7. Then, the dealer calls me, and says "why are you harassing us with customer complaints to the GM service line? If you have an issue, take it up with us." I calmly told them I wasn't complaining about anything, I was just trying to follow the procedure to escalate a question I have, a simple question, what is my current event code?" There response was "nobody knows this, we don't know ANYTHING at all until we get a VIN. When we get a VIN, we will immediately give you a call." The sales manager, also the person who also ordered these vehicles told me this. I know it's not true.

Crimony. All I want to know is if I'm still at 1100 or not. I also want to know why this little family owned dealership which has ordered dozens upon dozens of vettes over the years can't seem to answer a simple question. I also want to know at this point if they're going to be around in two months to even receive my order, IF it even gets pushed through at this point.

Sorry if I sound like a whiner or a crybaby, I just need to vent to the community I embrace.
3300 - 6/5/09
3400 - 6/19/09
3800 - 6/19/09
4000 - 6/24/09
4104 - 6/28/09
4B00 - 7/1/09
4200 - 7/20/09
5000 - 7/30/09
6000 - 7/31/09

IT'S HOME!!!!
BryGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I don't think it's your dealer. Workbench isn't being updated (most of the time) with current event codes. Some folks have already gotten their cars but event code shows it's not even been built yet.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
yeah, some folks codes are dead on, others...........not so much. there's a couple posts where guys call 1.800.dum.ba$$ and are told 1100, then 4 days later the dealers calling them telling the cars in!

keep tabs, but take nothing to heart! when it gets here, it gets here......

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Dealers have closed that were open in 1916.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
arabicame

Drives: 2SS RS Blk/Blk A6 10k miles
Dealer playing games

I ordered a 2SS RS IOM on 4/8/09. I would have ordered it in March,but 3 sales people latter (1.wanted over MSRP, 2. sales mgr. was "let go") I got 3% under MSRP after many E-mails phone calls and visits to dealer.
I told them how nervous (buying car site unseen) and excited I was! Since that day they will not respone to E-mails, do not return phone calls, and I spoke w/ Genrl Mngr in person,"this car is long way off we don't no anything", stop bothering us.
Are they trying to get me to walk? Are my expectations too high? Is this how Chevy dealers opperate?
They sell many Corvettes. I was 1st to order 2010 Camaro.
arabicame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabicame View Post
I ordered a 2SS RS IOM on 4/8/09. I would have ordered it in March,but 3 sales people latter (1.wanted over MSRP, 2. sales mgr. was "let go") I got 3% under MSRP after many E-mails phone calls and visits to dealer.
I told them how nervous (buying car site unseen) and excited I was! Since that day they will not respone to E-mails, do not return phone calls, and I spoke w/ Genrl Mngr in person,"this car is long way off we don't no anything", stop bothering us.
Are they trying to get me to walk? Are my expectations too high? Is this how Chevy dealers opperate?
They sell many Corvettes. I was 1st to order 2010 Camaro.
Maybe they have someone else for your car that will pay MSRP or above. They may have given you a "deal" that will never see the light of day.

What do you have in writing from them? Do you have an order number?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
This is a big concern for me, I have a good enough down payment to put down on the car, but I also need to sell my current car before I get mine. so I would like to know at least 1 or 2 months in advance before I get my maro to sell the stang.

If my car just showed up out of the blue, it would implicate things for me. I would have to take on a second loan, which would impact my credit and the rate I would get for the camaro, then pay for 2 loans until I sell the stang.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
BryGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Maybe they have someone else for your car that will pay MSRP or above. They may have given you a "deal" that will never see the light of day.

What do you have in writing from them? Do you have an order number?
Yes sir, I have everything in writing. I also have the workbench order and number. I bought a Tahoe and a Silverado from them in the past. Being a small family owned dealer, they're good on the MSRP part. They don't mark up the Vettes either.

What they're not good on is follow through. No answered emails, always unavailable when I call (each 3 weeks or so) just no reply at all (insert Phil Collins song here.) When I do get a hold of someone, it's just "I dunno" or "we dont know anything"
Old 05-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGo View Post
Yes sir, I have everything in writing. I also have the workbench order and number. I bought a Tahoe and a Silverado from them in the past. Being a small family owned dealer, they're good on the MSRP part. They don't mark up the Vettes either.

What they're not good on is follow through. No answered emails, always unavailable when I call (each 3 weeks or so) just no reply at all (insert Phil Collins song here.) When I do get a hold of someone, it's just "I dunno" or "we dont know anything"
Sounds like there's so much confusion about the actual status of Camaro's right now that even if they told you something, it might not be true.
I'm getting the feeling that within the next few weeks A LOT of pre-orderers will be getting calls from their dealers out of the blue to "come and get em..."

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGo View Post
Yes sir, I have everything in writing. I bought a Tahoe and a Silverado from them in the past. They're good on the MSRP part. They don't mark up the Vettes either.

What they're not good on is follow through. No answered emails, always unavailable when I call (each 3 weeks or so.)
if you have the workbench order # (i.e. - NJHHL2), you're good. they should have an idea about when it's gonna get pulled by GM, but even thats a guess. since you're about the same order date as me, i'm not worrying too much about it until end of June......then i'll start gettin' pissy!

so long as you have that workbench order, you're in! you're at 1100......and congrats!

things will start moving faster now that the dealer cars are done and the parade cars and the baseball cars.................hang in there! just remember, there are guys whom ordered in Oct and are still at 1100.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Here's what I would do.

Go in in person.

Ask the manager to logon to global connect. Ask him to go to Main > Manage Inventory > Vehicle Order Inquiry. There's tabs that show the Preliminary, Placed, In System, In Transit and In Stock. Then click on the details for your order and it will show you the workbench sheet. Then click on the "View Event History" (on that page) link to see your event history and current status.

Then ask him to go to the reports section and open up the "allocation by week" report. That will show you their future allocation.

Ask him to print out or email these screens to you so you have them for future reference.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
MNWild

Drives: 2001 GMC Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Here's what I would do.

Go in in person.

Ask the manager to logon to global connect. Ask him to go to Main > Manage Inventory > Vehicle Order Inquiry. There's tabs that show the Preliminary, Placed, In System, In Transit and In Stock. Then click on the details for your order and it will show you the workbench sheet. Then click on the "View Event History" (on that page) link to see your event history and current status.

Then ask him to go to the reports section and open up the "allocation by week" report. That will show you their future allocation.

Ask him to print out or email these screens to you so you have them for future reference.
Great Help Thanks
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #13
arabicame

Drives: 2SS RS Blk/Blk A6 10k miles
Cancelled my order

I called my dealer cancelled the order. I believe they were waiting for people to pay at least MSRP or over, and would use there early allocations for them and put me on back burner.
When I called & ask to show me my info on computer, the gmngr said he was "pissed off that I was waisting more of thier time". picking up deposit Mon. AM!
Followed up W/ other local dealers & purchased a 2SS RS Blk/Blk ....event code 3400 4/30!! @ MSRP!!!
everything happens for a reason!
arabicame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #14
BryGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Here's what I would do.

Go in in person.

Thanks, WOOT. I will go in there in another week or so and do just this. I'd go in earlier, but I don't want to "harrass" them as they put it. I call every two weeks.