Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Question Dealer said order deadline/cutoff this Sat....please read!

Hello all! I am new to this forum, but have been an F-body owner for over 15 years....now that's out of the way...

I went to the local dealer today, armed w/ all the pricing info, most from this site (props to C5.com!) and talked to the sales manager. I have purchased my last 4 f-bodies from this dealership, so they know me pretty well, and so I felt very comfortable in there....I am not required to put down any deposit either....

I found out they were allocated 3 Camaros. He said I was the first to actually come in to place an order (I haven't yet). They have had phone calls, but I was the first to actually come in.

After taxes, title, tags and all that good stuff, mine came out to 40k even, that is walking right out the door, everything paid for.

Options were: (I don't have all the exact codes in front of me, they are at work, so bare w/ me)
2SS/RS
Interior Accents
Hockey Stripe/Hood package
Carpeted Front
Painted Engine Cover

And maybe 1 more thing I can't think of right now, but after using the user friendly excel sheet by madhatter, this all came out about right...I was doing good until he told me something...

He said they had to "lock" in their Camaro order, and it had to be done starting this Thursday-Sat. at 6pm. He said he had to order all 3 Camaros by this Sat. Does that sound accurate to you all???? I can't understand how that can be?
He also said 3 was all he could order. Does that mean that he can order 3, but they will receive more on a truck later? Sorry for the ignorance, but something just didn't feel right to me....he also couldn't believe the pdf order workbook I had in hand, the one that is posted on this site, and how I had all the info that I came in with.

So what I need to know is, to get a chance to order this car from this dealership, do I HAVE to order by this Sat.? or is this a rush scheme to make me give him a decision??

HE ALSO told me they had no real control over a slight markup, that it could be a tad over 40k once it came in, or a little less, and that he would stick by his price. And to expect this car to come in by Feb. 09.

He also told me how these cars were gold, and that they would be marked up 5k-10k over sticker price...ect. Which, I figured, but still....

Any advice out there??? I figured I had a couple of weeks to get this car ordered....I felt like I got a little push there in the end....

Hope to get some straight answers....I know he is going to be calling me tomorrow, and really putting it on thick....

Everyone is acting like this car is going to be so scarce....
350 HRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
To answer your questions from the bottom up - these cars will not be scarce, Gm needs to get all the Camaros on the road as possible asap, as that is one of the best ways to market these beautiful cars. I have heard nothing about a deadline coming up soon, I just figured you have to make any changes you want before GM sends the order to the factory or however they do it, which should be in a few months. About the dealer marking it up, I call . True, I am sure pretty much every dealer will fill up their allotments by the time production starts, but there are tons of dealers selling at MSRP. I would definately not pay 5-10k over sticker, there are even tons of smaller mark-ups around if you are desperate and don't want to go too far.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM's planning on selling 100,000 of these cars in the first year. No way will they be scarce.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
He is giving you the run around and marking it up to boot. I'd find another dealer at MSRP; we have a list...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7789

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Go to another dealer man, he's scamming you. Dealers have until Dec to send in their orders before they are locked in and production doesn't start till mid Feb (I think Feb 14th).

As far as no control over markup, they have every bit control over markup and there are plenty of dealers out there offering MSRP or less and are putting it in writing.

Ok now I have 2 questions for you about your order,

1) What is carpeted front?
2) Are you planning on getting the engine cover in a color other then your cars exterior color? If not then you don't need that option as the engine cover already comes painted the same color as the cars exterior.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Carpeted front is just the floor mats. 2SS already comes with that.
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Go to another dealer man, he's scamming you. Dealers have until Dec to send in their orders before they are locked in and production doesn't start till mid Feb (I think Feb 14th).

As far as no control over markup, they have every bit control over markup and there are plenty of dealers out there offering MSRP or less and are putting it in writing.

2) Are you planning on getting the engine cover in a color other then your cars exterior color? If not then you don't need that option as the engine cover already comes painted the same color as the cars exterior.
Thanks for all of the replies so far, you guys are fast!

He told me he had to order 3 Camaros, and have them locked in by this Sat. at 6pm. I can't understand that.

It was the option for the mats, according to the options list...so sorry I don't have it handy :( And I am on dial up at home....don't feel like waiting to search for it, but will post it in the morning...

I thought about making him an offer on what I would pay....or I guess I can call up another dealer....I was just trying to stay local, and feel a bit overwhelmed. I just want to be able to order my Camaro, not pick up one off the lot. But I don't like the idea of being FORCED to do it by Sat. He said I could get out the door for 40k, and that included tax, title, tags and everything...it sounds about right I thought? State tax in VA is 3% for cars.

I don't like nervous deals...and I don't like feeling pressured.....
Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
He is giving you the run around and marking it up to boot. I'd find another dealer at MSRP; we have a list...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7789
Yikes, can't believe this dealer, who you have bought 4 cars from before, would be rushing you like that to pay over MSRP.

I agree find another dealer, this guy may no longer care that you bought cars from him before, he wants the $$$$$$$.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Carpeted front is just the floor mats. 2SS already comes with that.
That's right, I just checked anyway after I posted...my bad....the only other option I guess was the engine cover painted (it showed as an option?) And the RS option.....

I will look thru that list of MSRP dealers tomorrow morning....
Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Yikes, can't believe this dealer, who you have bought 4 cars from before, would be rushing you like that to pay over MSRP.

I agree find another dealer, this guy may no longer care that you bought cars from him before, he wants the $$$$$$$.
Exactly what I was thinking when he told me I had to order by Sat. at 6pm.

Anyone have any "friendly" ways of letting him know I AM NOT INTERESTED in being rushed or paying over MSRP?!?!?!

I still have the other 4 f-bodies btw....I know I should sell 1....but still...I get attached!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
What part of VA are you from?
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #12
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
It was the option for the mats, according to the options list...so sorry I don't have it handy :( And I am on dial up at home....don't feel like waiting to search for it, but will post it in the morning...
Since the 2SS has the carpeted mats standard you can delete that option from your order and save you a few bucks (thanks yotaman). And like I said before if you plan on keeping the engine cover the same color as the cars exterior, you can also delete that option too and save a couple hundred more.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

Where are you getting your info????
The engine cover does NOT come painted unless you choose it as an option, then it ONLY comes in your body color!!!
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
Where are you getting your info????
The engine cover does NOT come painted unless you choose it as an option, then it ONLY comes in your body color!!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycamaro
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and this is a great question I wanted to answer for you guys. The engine cover will default to the body color of your vehicle. If you do not want the body color but rather a different color please specify to your dealer. We have distributors who contact the dealer before the vehicle is delivered and confirm the order. At that time the dealer should tell our distributor to deliver an "orange engine cover" as opposed to the black one for the black car as referenced above in one of the threads. I would recommend you telling your dealer what color you want if it is Not the exterior body color.