Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #379
1967rsss

Drives: 67, 68, 88, 98, 10, 12 ZL1 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhss View Post
"GM isn't listening to its customers"--Ford CEO Donald Petersen, 1988.
Either are they
Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #380
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Building 50/50 seems like insanity to me...they think only the hardcore Camaro fans want the SS? Try again GM...regular people are going to see the stats on both cars and want the SS also.

GM should go at least 60/40 on V8/V6 production...
I wrote in one of these threads that the problem may be, my guess, that Oshawa has two separate production lines running, V6/V8, because the chassis are different for each. They may simply not be able to run the V8's on "line 2". That would make perfect sense on the 50/50 split. What are they going to do, shut down line 2 ? That doesn't mean line 1 can put out more V8's. It just means line 2 puts out less V6's. Only a guess on my part. Waiting for someone like OshawaInsider to shed some light.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #381
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
So..what your saying is...that if you had pre ordered a 2SS..you wouldn't be pissed at the fact you might not get it till 2010? That would be just fine by you?
I would have expected problems and would have gone into the deal knowing it could very well be 2010 since the car is a 2010 model after all.

Even if you ordered on day one, and are number 1 at your dealer, hell the first one to order a Camaro period, it could be 6 months from the day production started before you get the car or longer depending on how GM wanted to send the cars out. This 4 week delay makes no real difference in the grand scheme of things. That's what you early adopters need to accept.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #382
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Sorry to wax negative here, but I fail to understand how the Camaro in ANY trim is like the Corvette. The Corvette is a niche market, pure-bred, 2 seat sports car. The Camaro is a sport coupe but with a price point that tops out below the absolute base model Corvette, I don't think it's fair or right to market it in the same manner. That being said, I don't sit in a chair at GM corporate, nor do I make the decisions that they have to make.

I understand that they're trying to push the V6 and that it will make up the bulk of the production, but given the 80/20 V8/V6 pre-order split, I'd say that the powers that be might be a bit myopic in their perception of what the enthusiast crowd wants. Given the fact that we've been following development so closely, I think it's safe to say that we've all gotten too close to the whole situation and thus the hard feelings. Production Delays are one thing, but it sounds to me like the V6 sales are going to be the barometer for the V8 production and thus will drive the price well beyond MSRP for the SS. I know this sounds like doom-and-gloom but I'm pretty sure we've all seen this sort of thing before. I'd be pretty upset if I had given up 1000 of my hard-earned dollars for a supposed spot in the production line-up based on a lack of understanding between dealers and corporate. I'm glad that my situation is such that I have to wait anyway. Perhaps I'll still have a chance at getting another Camaro in this lifetime. As such, I'm sitting back and waiting to see how it all shakes out. I honestly hate it for all of you fellow V8 junkies who put your hard earned money up for something that you might not see until late in the fall.

As always, I'm keeping the faith and counting down until I can order my Black/Black 2SS/RS.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #383
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
FWIW

Just to see if there was another perspective out there, I swung by my dealership on the way home to see what their take on the IDL was.

My sales rep was not in, the sales manager who had actually placed my order is in the hospital, and the remaining staff hadn't watched the IDL at all. Without checking either paperwork or computers, they told me that "nothing about the Camaro or my order had changed."

Sigh.

Personally, I don't believe that my 2SS order will be delayed an unreasonable amount of time. It would be nice to be reassured, though. Like a lot of people here, I seem to have invested quite a bit of emotion into this car that I haven't even driven yet.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #384
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
You just made my week, thats some funny sh#t!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #385
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Thanks for the straight talk EVS guys.

Got to admit, what I read at chevylaunch from the very beginning did specifically say, I believe verbatim, "no allocation is garaunteed to be built"!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #386
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Sigh. Oh well. I've been waiting for this car for literally over 800 some days....what's 30 more. Still excited as can be and will still be getting one.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #387
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Totally agree, on the scale of marketing success, compared to what is possible now a
They have horribly and consistently dropped the ball. There is a huge potential to actually improve sales through
Creatively utilizing technology (ie webnars, pod casts, forums, youtube etc), and most
Of these forms of advertising cost little or nothing...yet where is GM in all this? Sitting
On their hands. They almost deserve to go under becuase the leaders of this company are still living in the 80's seems like.
That's OK we'll still have the mustang when GM goes under ;-) (as tears well up)
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #388
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
but it sounds to me like the V6 sales are going to be the barometer for the V8 production and thus will drive the price well beyond MSRP for the SS.
When I preordered i signed a contract saying they would not charge me over MSRP. Anyone else get the same deal?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #389
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
Yes!
No Gm needs to inform the public and the dealers in a much better fashion than that. Nowhere have I ever heard anything about limited production SS.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #390
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
When I preordered i signed a contract saying they would not charge me over MSRP. Anyone else get the same deal?
Yes. My sheet from the dealer specifically says MSRP at time of delivery.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #391
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I would have expected problems and would have gone into the deal knowing it could very well be 2010 since the car is a 2010 model after all.

Even if you ordered on day one, and are number 1 at your dealer, hell the first one to order a Camaro period, it could be 6 months from the day production started before you get the car or longer depending on how GM wanted to send the cars out. This 4 week delay makes no real difference in the grand scheme of things. That's what you early adopters need to accept.
Oh I agree with you...I'm not worried about a 4 week delay..thats not my problem...This "chicken Little" "the Sky is Falling"! about the V8 is whats got me upset...I will be content in Knowing I will have a car at least by Mid July..I too do not want to take delivery of a car in October to just put it away until the following Spring. hey.. maybe thats why they are pushing snow tires
Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #392
1967rsss

Drives: 67, 68, 88, 98, 10, 12 ZL1 Camaros
I may cancel my order if it isn't filled buy June/July. I am supposed to be #1 but a 2SS. I would buy one at a discount later when they have the direct injection in the V8.

The worse part is they have the tech to build it for years now and would make the CAFE restraints go away, but they won't. This way next year or the year after, they will have something new to offer.

GM keeps screwing up.

In 2001 they fired the ceo who wanted to invest in hybrids, and they laughed at him and said Toyota wouldn't make money with them, and they wouldn't sell.

So they hired this idiot, and one of the first things he does is, scrap the hybrid research and bought Hummer. What a dumb move that turned out to be.

I have been loyal to gm for 20 years, and am realizing, mabee I'm an idiot for not seeing the writing on the wall.

They are building a PONY CAR! Not a commuting car. It's to be built on a flex line. So build what people have ordered. They will lose orders like chrysler did and they won't care, and when the orders stop coming in, they will blame us, and scrap the program. Wake up GM, no one wants Buick's and Pontiac's. You have a product people want, now build what they want. I don't really care that production is delayed, it happens. I do care that you don't want to take care of loyal customers and would rather build what you want and not fill the orders when production starts.

Closed Thread