Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #29
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Lets face it, rather its a really low 11 or a high 10. It's going to feel the exact same. Slow. I was making a point... Not submitting it for list. I feel the same about the people that do the correct DA level stuff. Doesn't count unless it runs that number.

I know a lot can happen in that last 1/8th mile. That's why I only submitted a time for the 1/8 mile list. Cause it hasn't ran anything decent in the quarter yet. But I'm hoping to change that at the track to tonight. Then rip the car apart for the new mods.

My perception of what feels fast is way off from driving my other drag radials cars thou.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #30
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
How long did you make it before lifting the head? I'm planning on running 15psi with a 75 shot within the next few weeks.
He had a good bit more power than you will be making and was also running a mile I believe which at his power was really pushing the heads. Put studs and good gaskets and you will be fine. If your pushing water at your power find another tuner.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
He had a good bit more power than you will be making and was also running a mile I believe which at his power was really pushing the heads. Put studs and good gaskets and you will be fine. If your pushing water at your power find another tuner.

the car should be around 800-900rwhp in a few weeks.the car made 650whp with only blower,converter,cam,exhaust and we had to stop the tune because fuel pressure was dropping. how much more power was he running? (not being sarcastic, really wanting to know)

i didnt know he was running the mile with it thou. so that does make a difference

Last edited by Rdunn; 06-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #32
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
I want to say he is around 1100-1200 rwhp or more Dont quote me on that. Even at that Power he more than likely would have been fine in the 1/4 mile. Those Mile Runs are hard on engines for sure. That's the only good thing about the 1/8 is its easier on parts.

I did try to sell Robert Some LS9 heads right before that though. Sorry Rascal never did Jump on them.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #33
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
How long did you make it before lifting the head? I'm planning on running 15psi with a 75 shot within the next few weeks.
Bout... 4000 feet... lol...

I was at the mile.... Went 197.8 on boost alone, @ 18 lbs...

Turned the spray on and made another pass... not a full pass... I was just over 200 at the 3/4 mile mark when the head lifted.... Blew the gasket out and that was that....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I want to say he is around 1100-1200 rwhp or more Dont quote me on that. Even at that Power he more than likely would have been fine in the 1/4 mile. Those Mile Runs are hard on engines for sure. That's the only good thing about the 1/8 is its easier on parts.

I did try to sell Robert Some LS9 heads right before that though. Sorry Rascal never did Jump on them.
Damned close guess, tad bit low but not much...

I was just over 1300 RWHP with the spray... and yes it was at the mile....

Rdunn

Is it harder on parts... uhm, think of doing five back to back to back to back to back dyno pulls....

All of them wide arse open... The higher the gear, the harder it is.... In lower gears, the tires will give up before stuff breaks... in the higher gears.... maybe maybe not.... I did spin the factory P-Zero's at 190 miles an hour in 5th gear.... RIGHT before the head lifted... Spun them, feathered the go fast pedal for a fraction, then right back on it... Tires stopped spinning but the load on the motor lifted the head and that was the weekend for me...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

pretty awesome, love that car.

well im going to see how far i can push this stock long block. im getting ready to order a forged rotating assembly tonight. then when it comes in have the heads done and i think that will be it for the summer. i know there is atleast one member on here that is around 900whp on blower/bottle. and still factory shortblock.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #36
JustaCamaro

Last October at the Texas Mile I ran 191 at 14lbs boost. Fuel pressure dropped off and got some detonation. 4 burned pistons and 5 bent rods. Drove it home 800 miles with no problems. I expected some piston damage, but the bent rods surprised me.

Building an LSX 429 for this October-should be running this weekend. To close to 200 to quit.
JustaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post
Last October at the Texas Mile I ran 191 at 14lbs boost. Fuel pressure dropped off and got some detonation. 4 burned pistons and 5 bent rods. Drove it home 800 miles with no problems. I expected some piston damage, but the bent rods surprised me.

Building an LSX 429 for this October-should be running this weekend. To close to 200 to quit.
I apologize if we did talk and I don't remember it, but if we are both there in October, and that is my intention to be there... We need to hook up...

And I agree too close to quit...

I have one licensing pass to go and then it's katy bar the door... I'll see what 25 lbs and a 150-250 shot of giggle gas will do....

Good luck with the project... Going to be a bad arse car for sure....

What are you doing for the fuel system... ???

OP, sorry for the thread jack...

Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #38
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

dont worry about it, my question was already answered. so you are all good.

and no 10 sec pass tonight. got to the track got tech'd in. started cooling the car down and bam......RAIN.