Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #15
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Dealer needs to prove, or at least give reason as to why they are not covering it...
Yeah, what is their theory? Bad air filtering? Abuse?

How many miles on the engine?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #16
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCamaro15 View Post
I have a 2015 v6 LS Camaro, I have put an injen CAI and the MRTV 1 axel back. I've been consuming about a quart every 150 miles and chevy says that it is because of the after market parts and they are flagging my car for oil consumption. Can anybody weigh in on this, Thanks.
Contact GM and take it from there . that's not even remotely acceptable
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #17
DetCamaro15

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro
all these tips are helpful keep them coming. they didn't think abuse, they said they couldn't get any calibration readings from the engine and they expect its from my mufflers or injen
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #18
Stecky

Drives: 0000
Do you have a catch can on. Maybe there is a problem with that.
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #19
DetCamaro15

no catch can
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetCamaro15 View Post
all these tips are helpful keep them coming. they didn't think abuse, they said they couldn't get any calibration readings from the engine and they expect its from my mufflers or injen
If you even go back to them, ask them "what is a calibration reading and how do they take the reading?" and "How does the exhaust and CAI prevent them from taking calibration readings and monitoring engine parameters?"
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #21
wyo1LE

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
1 quart in 150 miles, either has to be a leak, or it smokes
So you in a sense are saying you change your oil every 825 miles? 5.5 quarts to fill without changing the filter.
wyo1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #22
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Sounds as if they just took an easy excuse. I have more mods on mine and I can read anything and everything as far as calibrations etc.
The only way the intake could be responsible is if it didn't filter properly and the inside of the cylinders were scored by sand/dust etc. It can happen, as lots of cotton filters really truly suck.
If they can't read the ECU, it's something else causing it. They probably think you have a tune. If you have a tune, admit it.
That kind of consumption would mean leaving a trail of smoke everywhere you go- is it really that bad or did you overstate the consumption?
I'm not saying you're BS'ing, but every oil consumption case I ever worked for three different manufacturers were overstated by the customer- usually by a lot... like more than 5x the real consumption.
Anyway, they can tear the engine down and look for the cause. Here's the deal: If they find the cause and it's covered- great. If it's not- YOU pay for the time to tear it down AND diagnostics.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #23
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act as someone else stated above. They have to prove it. If they won't/can't prove it and still won't fix your issue then sue the crap out of them. Not cool of them to flag your car either like that. They are making a huge mistake.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:28 PM   #24
DetCamaro15

They wanted me to come in every 1000 miles but my car would burn through the oil in about 500-600 miles so they could build a case for gm tech. When they took in my car the service manager that worked on my car asked me what my intake was, and then said oh that shouldn't be a problem. The next day I get a call and the work won't be covered because of my intake. So now Im building a case of my own.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #25
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Call the customer assistance number at Chevy and get a referral to another dealer.
Send me your vin by PM and let me see if there's any negative info related to it.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #26
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Rodgers Chevrolet isn't that far from you. I'd call them. I don't have experience with their service department, but they move a ton of Camaros (Becky is the queen of Camaro sales and service). Their parts department is also top notch (Maureen).

They may be worth a shot.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #27
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Now if your CAI was installed incorrectly somehow as to allow extra air into the engine and cause it to run lean... then yeah, maybe they'd have a chance.

Put your stock airbox back on, see if it still burns oil. If it does, take it back in to another dealership.
Run lean or allow dirty air into the intake. If that's the case, and the engine has been dusted, the stock air intake assembly will make no difference. The same if it was hurt by running lean. Once the damage is done, it's done.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:56 AM   #28
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
your car being so new is undoubtedly a problem they most likely have a TSB on which sounds to me like rear main seal.... just a opinion, and yes they are especially being lame to provide service to you as they know scientifically unless you were injecting dirt. meth, alcohol, blown, etc etc there is no way you caused the problem with a aftermarket intake. They may have issue with getting a reading from the intake tube of your Injen intake as those long tubes go down to by the wheel, and would not recommend that intake to anyone if that's what you have there was even supposedly a couple Camaro owners who in the past posted about hydrolock from getting water into the intake and locking up the motor and if they know of that problem that the intake has caused Camaros before they red flagged you the moment they saw it and someone with knowledge said : Hey that's the intake that can hydrolock a engine ... And once again that's just my opinion... And here is one TSB from a 2013 Service Bulletin No.: PIE-0251-B
Component(s): ENGINE
NHTSA ID Number: 10052475

All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin

Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)
  • BUICKENCLAVE2013
  • BUICKLACROSSE2013
  • CADILLACATS2013
  • CADILLACCTS2013
  • CADILLACSRX2013
  • CADILLACXTS2013
  • CHEVROLETCAMARO2013
  • CHEVROLETCAPRICE2013
  • CHEVROLETEQUINOX2013
  • CHEVROLETIMPALA2013-2014
  • CHEVROLETTRAVERSE2013
  • GMCACADIA2013
  • GMCTERRAIN2013

Details

0 Associated Documents

Manufacturer: General Motors LLC

SUMMARY:

GM: THE ENGINE MAY BE LEAKING FROM THE FRONT COVER OR OIL FILTER ADAPTER. THIS IS NOT A RECALL. *JS

Go here look for any related TSB's there would be no recall http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues , and for sure get under your own engine and try to locate where any oil loss may be if it is leaking and I would find another dealer as the one you have just does not want to deal with this under warranty, and if down the road the engine goes toast they will be the only stealership to have their stamp on the engine saying : flagged for oil use and they say its because the tech got no reading off the thing maybe from the position of the MAF sensor on the intake tube? Either that or his Clearasil stained fingers could not push the right button like in high school tech classes leading to the job. I do not trust dealerships they will send the most incompetent person on the staff to work on your car and the most competent to try to pick out more work that needs to be done..... Its about the Money. And if you do not have a oil catch can you should, and check for leaks or dark exhaust both. Not knowing how many miles you have on it and if it was broken in right matters as yes new engines are not just magically broken in that good at the factory, and seals are important yet loss of oil from internal seals usually keep the oil in the pan, so always check it on level ground cold... Upper valve trains hold a lot of oil

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-03-2015 at 09:21 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, chevy, consumption, oil