Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #29
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
HiFonics used to be the best and most powerful amps back in the 90's. The 2nd gen amps as shown in that pic were not the best, but I do not doubt the 10k RMS rating.

As an example I hit 144db with 2 12" JL-W3's in my Firebird with only a "500 watt" 1st gen HiFonics amp.
Wow. Well whatever you, and all the others on this thread, end up doing, PLEASE put in in that new member journal section, so i can copy your work, as i know nothing about systems.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #30
78camaroguy

Drives: 78 Z28 camaro
you know for some reason i never really hear about ma audio but i got one of their amps like 2 years ago and its an amazing amp. its 1400 watts rms at 2 omhs and 17.7 volts and it has a digital readout of volts, output, and temp and i bought the amp for only like 175 brand new, yeah its not the greatest or best brand but for the money it was a pretty good buy
78camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #31
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
I'm going with 2 of these in the trunk of my Camaro

http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ca...product_id=374

They are 12" subs with tuned passive radiators...each one puts out the power and db of a 15" sub. Two of these babies is going to be just ridiculous. I'll have 400 watts RMS per sub going to them for now and if that's not enough I'll upgrade.

I figure these are perfect for the Camaro considering the small trunk opening. I'll put one in at a time and position them in the best sounding spot.

How much?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #32
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Depends upon what you are trying to achieve, SQ or SPL. Start with quality components up front, anchored by a deep, tight low end. Boston Pros are nice, but I prefer the Rally Series. Probably go with BA or MB quarts up front, Diamonds in the back. I have a few amps in my arsenal as well...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #33
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
i'll be running 2 of these:
Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
Smoken'em

Drives: Scion tC
If you're looking to upgrade the system I would recommend the system that GM is going to offer from MTX as an upgrade. From what I've read about it it sounds extremely bulletproof and for the price it would be hard to get a better custom system installed.

If you're looking to increase your electrical system I recommend adding a Kinetik battery over a cap or yellow top. Yellow tops have a higher resting voltage making it normally difficult for a factory charging system to ever fully charge the battery causing the battery to fail prematurely and really damper the performance of your system. Kinetik offers all sorts of sizes and power of batteries so if you don't have the room for a full size extra battery you can go with something smaller. A good example is that their smallest battery is the HC600 which is a bit more power of the Optima red top at half the size and 100x more powerful than a 1 Farad cap.

I'll try to get more info on that MTX system tomorrow
Smoken'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #35
WildBeast15

Drives: 2002 mercury mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
i'll be running 2 of these:
OOO re mt's but for that price why not go with dc audio level 4's or level 5's???? but what amp you gunna run us amps 2000 watter? it will sound nice with those..
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #36
WildBeast15

Drives: 2002 mercury mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoken'em View Post
If you're looking to upgrade the system I would recommend the system that GM is going to offer from MTX as an upgrade. From what I've read about it it sounds extremely bulletproof and for the price it would be hard to get a better custom system installed.

If you're looking to increase your electrical system I recommend adding a Kinetik battery over a cap or yellow top. Yellow tops have a higher resting voltage making it normally difficult for a factory charging system to ever fully charge the battery causing the battery to fail prematurely and really damper the performance of your system. Kinetik offers all sorts of sizes and power of batteries so if you don't have the room for a full size extra battery you can go with something smaller. A good example is that their smallest battery is the HC600 which is a bit more power of the Optima red top at half the size and 100x more powerful than a 1 Farad cap.

I'll try to get more info on that MTX system tomorrow
you coppied me on the kinetik lol i said that in another thread... yellows are garbage and have fun with a 100 farad cap... lol
what audio forums you a part of?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #37
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
i have already matched it with an amp, its a little on the pricy side am not buying it from here though i know their items are way over priced

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PDX1...owAll=Y&tp=115
If you have never used one of these amps you will love it. I have a PDX 4.150 for the components in the doors in my Colly and a 1.1000 on two 10" subs. I have a spare 1.1000 I am saving for my Camaro. These amps never get hot and output is higher than rated. They come with the bench test report in the box. The 1.1000 actually bench tested 1146 watts RMS. Well worth the $$
Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #38
Smoken'em

Drives: Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBeast15 View Post
you coppied me on the kinetik lol i said that in another thread... yellows are garbage and have fun with a 100 farad cap... lol
what audio forums you a part of?
I have learned to stay away from the Audio forums, way too many strong opinions over there and everything ends up being a pissing match. I've been in the car and audio scene for quite a while now and have picked up quite a bit of knowledge along the way.
Smoken'em is offline   Reply With Quote