Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Downriver Cruise

Did any of you 'Do The Cruise' later in the day?

I took a lap or two after about 7:15pm.

Between Sibly and Eureka (going northbound) it was nuts. Took me over an hour just to go the 2 miles and my left foot is tired.

A whole lot of very nice rides there, offset by the typical bunch of rusted out 4x4 trucks showing off the fact that they can spin the rear tires with an empty bed.
The section of Fort in front of Kmarts was a long string of burn-out spots complete with spectators pouring water to help things along.
For quite a stretch there was another lifeted 4x4 behind me who insisted on doing a burn out every time he could move ahead.
I could just picture one of these morons lighting the tires behind me and ending up in my trunk.
Needless to say I was constintly asked 'Hey SS, light'em Up'
Not a chance.
Just after 9:00 the police started closing the right-hand lanes especially along Kmarts.

All in all it was a gorgous day/night for a cruise (especially in a Vert).

Loved the blown V8 front engine VW Beetle.

Waaay to many Mustangs, quite a few camaros including several 5th Gen's.

Hated the rusted out early 80's Caprice with the Rap music blaring from what must have been an old AM radio that I got stuck next to for what seemed eternity.

My lungs will probably take a few weeks to get all the exhause fumes and burnt rubber smell out, but it was worth it.

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Southeast Michigan 5thGen Club

We, my wife and myself had a great time at the Downriver Cruise. Started off early this morning. The Detroit 5thgen Camaro Club had our June meeting at Roger Chevrolet. Then we drove a loop in the cruise as a group. It was really cool. Got lots of looks from the spectators... Spent the rest of the day on the north side of Fort St. Between Sibley and Pennsylvania Rd. Watching all the amazing cars and we saw a lot of 5thgen Camaros. I was able to hand out all my 5thgen business cards out to fellow 5thgen owners. Wow, what a blast. We loved it...
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Pentatonic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Did any of you 'Do The Cruise' later in the day?

I took a lap or two after about 7:15pm.
Yep, I was there between 6:30 and 9:30 pm when they started shutting everything down.

I think I seen you. You were by yourself with the top down? I parked in the Meijer parking lot just south of Ram's Horn on the west side of the street, and I was hanging around as a spectator on the boulevard with some of my friends.

There were some really nice 5th gens that I hadn't seen before. One was black with 22" black and chrome wheels.
Pentatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
rvd4now

Drives: fast, white- me
i was there i saw a lot of 5th gen.. it was very nice...
Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentatonic View Post
Yep, I was there between 6:30 and 9:30 pm when they started shutting everything down.

I think I seen you. You were by yourself with the top down? I parked in the Meijer parking lot just south of Ram's Horn on the west side of the street, and I was hanging around as a spectator on the boulevard with some of my friends.

There were some really nice 5th gens that I hadn't seen before. One was black with 22" black and chrome wheels.
Yes that was me. As far as I know I'm the only black vert with white stripes, so I'm easy to identify.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
bigdaddygene

Drives: 2010 Camaro RSSS1 IOM MT
we went down for about 5 hrs driving around, got there about 330, its was nuts, fun as hell though, got stoped by the police for doing a burnout, but he said that i should not do it anymore with such a nice car lol, so i took his advice and left, but it was great out there.
bigdaddygene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
I was there and I saw a few of you from D5G roll through together earlier in the day. I saw HDRDTD and Dermo1989 for sure, I don't know the other cars.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddygene View Post
we went down for about 5 hrs driving around, got there about 330, its was nuts, fun as hell though, got stoped by the police for doing a burnout, but he said that i should not do it anymore with such a nice car lol, so i took his advice and left, but it was great out there.
So many were doing burnouts to please the crowd that the police would never have been able to ticket them all.

I was just nervous with them doing burnouts with only a few feet between cars.

Maybe it's just another sign of how old I'm getting..
Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Was down there after 6pm till 2am. Friend has a house off Fort St.
Great weather and some cars of all types.Always interesting to see all the different types of vehicles.
AND next weekend is Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti/Depot Town, Riverside Park!!!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote