Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
gisbert.j.hanft

Drives: 2SS Transformer Eddition 2012
help me. please

I'm looking for new suspension. I want to stop the wheel hop and get more traction when going around the track. Im not to worried about money. I Just have no idea what to buy or even how much suspension upgrade cost. Please someone give me some advice. Pictures of upgrades would be great as well. I do plan to supercharge in the future
gisbert.j.hanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
What type of track (drag vs auto-x)?

Daily driver?

What wheels and tires do you have?

What power levels are you looking to reach?

Do you currently have any other mods?

Here's a link to some suspension setups with everything you might want to replace highlighted in red:
https://www.wretched.co/tech-talk-main/tech-talk-camaro

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
One of the best things you can do is Trailing Arms. Good thing is there cheap, easy to install, and don't require an alignment. After that look at getting some cradle bushings. You'll be surprised at how much those two alone will help.

If you want someone to call and talk to give www.jdpmotorsports.com a call.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Caverman gave some good advice. To resolve wheel hop issues, most folks start with a good set of Trailing Arms and the Outer Bushings. Other components that can contribute to wheel hop are the Cradle Bushings, Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings, and Toe Rods. Of course, all these components don't necessarily need to be changed all at once, but depending on your budget and the amount of time you want to spend under your car, it is certainly more convenient to do it all at the same time. And if you're looking for improved track performance (I'm assuming auto-x or road course), I would highly recommend upgrading the sway bars, which are the biggest "bang-for-your-buck" suspension upgrade. Here's a list of the recommended BMR Components (prices can be found on our website).....

TCA026 -- Trailing Arms
BK006 -- Outer Trailing Arm Bushings
BK024 -- Pro Version Cradle Bushings
BK039 -- Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings
TR002 or TR003 -- Toe Rods
SB037 -- Sway Bar Package
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
gisbert.j.hanft

Bmr if I buy what you recommend when I supercharge will I need to upgrade again. I only want to buy once and have the best. Is everything above somthing I could do myself or do you need to bring to a garage
Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
gisbert.j.hanft

Daily driver about 650 700 hp. I have kooks long tube headers with high flow cats and american thunder 409 flowmaster and look for less wheel hop and to hug the corner better
Old 06-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
gisbert.j.hanft

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...855&superpro=0. Is this the best package its stage 3 handling package from bmr
Old 07-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by gisbert.j.hanft View Post
Bmr if I buy what you recommend when I supercharge will I need to upgrade again. I only want to buy once and have the best. Is everything above somthing I could do myself or do you need to bring to a garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gisbert.j.hanft View Post
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...855&superpro=0. Is this the best package its stage 3 handling package from bmr
No, you should NOT need to upgrade any of the parts I suggested down the road after you supercharge. You could buy our top of the line Trailing Arms and/or Toe Rods that have spherical bearings in them, but for a "daily driver", I would recommend sticking with the polyurethane bushings instead, as I suggested above. Use the adjustable toe rods (TR003). As far as doing it yourself, it all depends on how much mechanical ability you have and if you have the proper tools to do the job. The hardest thing will be getting the factory cradle bushings out of the subframe. The Stage 3 handling package will not work for you because it has FE3 sway bars in it, you need FE4 sway bars (SB037). Plus, it has the cradle "inserts" and not the full bushing replacement. The inserts are much easier to install, but for your planned power level, I highly recommend the full bushing replacement. We can definitely piece together the appropriate components for your build, just give me a call if you need help.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote