Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #43
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Wow. I finally got to hear what all the uproar is about. Really? REALLY???? Lordy, the more I read the press, the more I fear for our children's future.

He was comparing two cars, and said:

"Eenie meanie miney moe, catch a (unintelligible mumble) by the toe ..."

Uh, PRESS DUDES? This a children's chant from over a hundred years, maybe hundreds. It dates back to when n`gger was the politically correct noun for Africans. It's like saying "gay" means homosexual in a 16th century play.

Most of us, black, white, blue, green, learned this chant as kids many years ago.

So let's throw people to the wolves for:

"Ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down!"

This is from the medieval times.

Ring around the rosies - Describes the puss filled blister.
Pocket full of posies - The stench of death was so strong everywhere, that people carried flowers with them to avoid puking.
Ashes, ashes - there were so many corpses, there were constant bonfires (bone fires, huge fires to torch the corpses) raining ash everywhere.
We all fall down - We are all going to die.

This was due to White Europeans terrible sanitary practices, which caused the Black Plague.

How freakin' offensive to white Europeans??? You are SO filthy that everyone is dying from your poor hygiene.

Next adult on TV that hums or sings that should be thrown on the bonfire. How DARE they???!!!

Imagine a world where our shared historical perspective were shared with the press. Even better, imagine a world where the press simply shared facts instead of seeking the next witch to burn.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #44
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
PC = Butt Hurt!
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #45
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
I have no sound on this computer (server), but I'm assuming he said nagger (sic)?

I hear that word dozens of times a week. Along with Beach (sic) hoe etc.

It is only offensive speech if used by certain humans.
You mean white people. You might as well just say it, it's true far more often than not.

First time I've listened to that clip too. WTF to the chronically offended. And it wasn't aired. And it was years ago. Someone released it LOOKING for something to complain about.

I don't think anybody has any idea what "racist" really is anymore. Everything gets twisted to be racist (or not racist, depending on which "certain human" you are). I don't understand why certain phrases, jokes, and actions are acceptable in some situations and by some people, but not in all situations by all people. I can't help but snicker when someone makes a generalization about <insert racial group here> and everyone gets up in arms, but for some reason the same reaction isn't had when people utter "white trash" or "redneck". Seems to me that those terms are used in generally derogatory statements, and they are obviously only talking about a certain culture of a certain race. I give up trying to understand the human race.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #46
jrhagen
Banned

Let's just use these terms: caucasoid negroid and mongoloid

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/scie...-in-the-world/
Old 05-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #47
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Let's just use these terms: caucasoid negroid and mongoloid

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/scie...-in-the-world/
Use it in the right tone & inflection of the word, and caucasoid can become as offensive as anything else...

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-04-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Good thing he didn't tell what PONTIAC stands for.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #49
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I understand that these firestorms of controversy is often just the media fanning a flame to extract a few more eyes and advertisement money. That stated, I am not a minority, so I have no perspective to say whether or not the inappropriate things J Clarkson says should be offensive. As an American, I do find his musings about fat and lazy Americans to be somewhat rude and unnecessary. In an off topic but related matter, I am always amused at how Kentuckians so passionately sing and romanticize "My Old Kentucky Home" which is nothing more than a Minstrel song about black people being sold into slavery in Kentucky and as they go down the river, they fondly remember their home left behind in Kentucky...along those lines. It was not until the 1986 that they removed the term "Darkies" out of the official state song. Yet, that never gets dragged out for the Kentucky Derby and many Kentuckians don't even know the history of the song.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #50
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Good thing he didn't tell what PONTIAC stands for.
You would have to be really stupid to think it was a Caddy!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #51
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
As an American, I do find his musings about fat and lazy Americans to be somewhat rude and unnecessary.
Lol he's right though. over 60% of the population is overweight, with about a third of them classified as "obese". And if politics tells you anything, it's that Americans want crap, but don't want to pay for it. This country is full of fat, lazy underachievers. That said, our teeth are straight.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #52
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Lol he's right though. over 60% of the population is overweight, with about a third of them classified as "obese". And if politics tells you anything, it's that Americans want crap, but don't want to pay for it. This country is full of fat, lazy underachievers. That said, our teeth are straight.
well said!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #53
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I won't stray into politics, but will just add that even if what he says is true, it is rude to point it out in the manner he does. His boorish behavior is really just another example of the loss of civility and decorum in society that used to be the norm and not the exception.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #54
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
I'm sorry, iv played this video many many times.... I don't hear Clarkson say that word.

And im not saying that because im a fan, I truly don't hear it.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #55
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Clarkson certainly isn't my cup of tea as they say.

But I'm guessing he pissed off someone pretty good to get that out-take on CNN and get comments from the Prime Minister.

Didn't he buy a Ford GT, then later it made an honorable mention in the Top Gear Worst Cars of All Time episode? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Sucks to be him.

The best Top Gear episode of all time is when they flew to the US and got a ZR-1, a CTS-V, and an SRT8 Charger? and first started ragging on them, then fell in love with them.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #56
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm sorry, iv played this video many many times.... I don't hear Clarkson say that word.

And im not saying that because im a fan, I truly don't hear it.
No one actually heard it.

The Mirror hired a professional company to examine the tape.... their examiner said it was a 76? % chance that's what he said.

Then he admitted to it