Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
434stroker

Drives: Chevy Nova
3.45 or 3.23 GEARS

Hey Fellas, plan on placing an order for a 11 camaro SS/RS tomorrow. I noticed on some window stickers it shows which rear gear comes with the car. I for sure want to have the 3.45 gears. Is this an option that is checked off in the ordering process? Also, once the order is placed what kind of paperwork can I expect to have given to me. Will it have an oder # on it or does that come later. Just want to make sure I dont let anything fall through the cracks and stress out for the next 2 months while im waiting. If anyone has any advice PLEASE chime in. Thanks
434stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

From what I understand, the SS in the 6 spd manual comes with 3.45 gears.
The SS in the 6 spd auto, comes with 3.27 gears.

That's the only "options" in choosing the gears.

You should get an order number when they put in the paperwork. Then you can track your status here with that number.

I'm sure you'll get more input.

Congrats & good luck!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
From what I understand, the SS in the 6 spd manual comes with 3.45 gears.
The SS in the 6 spd auto, comes with 3.27 gears.

Correct...that's what you get, no other options. Although you can order a nice set of aftermarket 4.10's that'll give your car the mean streak it deserves.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
434stroker

Great!! Thanks you guys!!! So, as long as I order a manual tranny it will come with the 3.45s right?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
434stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Correct...that's what you get, no other options. Although you can order a nice set of aftermarket 4.10's that'll give your car the mean streak it deserves.
I noticed you have done a little extra work on yours-

2SS/RS/LS3 - IBM w/ silver rally stripes / AR Headers & Exhaust / 4.10 Gears / Vararam Intake / Pfadt Suspension / Hurst Shifter

Do options like what you have posted such as headers, gears, etc effect the warranty of your car?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 434stroker View Post
I noticed you have done a little extra work on yours-

2SS/RS/LS3 - IBM w/ silver rally stripes / AR Headers & Exhaust / 4.10 Gears / Vararam Intake / Pfadt Suspension / Hurst Shifter

Do options like what you have posted such as headers, gears, etc effect the warranty of your car?
warranty? what's that? seriously, they could effect your drive-train warranty...if your dealer thinks the aftermarket part could have helped caused a stock part to break. Lots of different opinions and views on the subject, I'd suggest searching/reading up on the subject if you are concerned and plan to mod.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by 434stroker View Post
Great!! Thanks you guys!!! So, as long as I order a manual tranny it will come with the 3.45s right?
Yes. And as stated, you can get at least 2 other sized aftermarket gears at the moment
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote